Chapter 56 – The Raid Ends
1.5k 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
First chapter today (Very late chapter). Another one coming soon...

‘Congratulations on winning the game. Calculating your rewards…’

 

‘Monsters killed:

                         184 Level one: 184 Points

                         28 Level two: 280 Points

                         4 Level three: 400 Points

                         1 Level four: 1000 Points

Achievements:

                         Participation: 10 Points (Points corresponding to level two)

                         Killing a monster two levels higher: 100 Points 

Game results:

                         Victory: 10 Points (Points corresponding to level two)

Total Score: 1884 Points

Reward: 1884 UDP Coins

Your battlefield score has increased from 1.1 to 7.7’

‘Please wait a moment…’

When Aleen reacted again, he was in a dark place receiving the evaluation of his last game. Aleen remembered it from the last time, so he wasn’t surprised.

We have detected injuries in your body. Do you wish to use your coins to heal them?

Yes.

‘A moment please…’

‘The cost of healing your injuries is 12 UDP coins. Do you wish to continue?’

Yes.

‘Understood. We are going to begin the procedure…’

Immediately after it, he blanked again.

 

 

‘Procedure complete. Please wait…’

‘You will be sent to the game lobby.’

‘Initiating transference in three, two, one…’

 

 

Aleen felt his body floating briefly before hitting the ground. Opening his eyes, he was in the game hall.

Different from the last time, his body did not feel sick after waking up, probably because he was a bit used to the feeling of teleportation. 

Aleen looked to the surroundings briefly after standing up. 

The familiar scenery of stars, planets and the sun appeared before him. Aleen could not hide his astonishment despite it being his second time seeing it.

Around him, he could see the four level five that participated in the mission, together with the level three elf, Elvila. Apparently, they woke up before him.

Unfortunately, their presences did little to lift his mood.

Aleen could not help but sigh sadly when he thought about all the humans and members of the races that died during the game.

Shaking his head briefly, he got these thoughts out of his mind and looked to the information that the AI was showing in his mind.

‘Name: Aleen Hamill. Level two human male.

Age: 18 years old (Age calculated following the interdimensional calendar).

Skills: 1. ‘Lightning Rush’.

Money: 1872 UDP Coins.’

Despite having seen the information during the evaluation, Aleen could not help but put a surprised and happy expression when he saw the amount of money he earned.

‘At this rate, I will easily get the money that my sister needs.’

But when he remembered the difficulties he went through to get this money, the expression of happiness faded from his face.

After all, more than half of the money was gotten due to killing the level four, and Aleen knew that he was unable to repeat something like that.

They only were able to kill the level four due to luck; and even with that, Ana ended sacrificing herself.

Thinking about it, Aleen’s expression turned gloomy.

Smiling forcedly, Aleen shook his head to try to force these thoughts out of his head.

With a small sigh, he walked towards D’vina.

“Teacher.” He said softly.

D’vina opened her eyes slightly and looked towards him while speaking in her ice-cold tone. “How much money you got, boy?”

Aleen answered without hesitation. “1872 Coins.”

D’vina was slightly impressed when she heard the amount. “Pretty impressive for a level two. Very well, I will tell you the things that you will buy later.”

Aleen put an expression of hesitation when heard D'vina's words. He was planning to save the money for his sister's cure, so he made his mind to tell her about it.

“There is something that I have to tell you, teacher.”

“What is it?”

Quickly, he explained his circumstances and how he was thinking about saving the money.

D’vina furrowed her brows when she heard it. With a thoughtful expression, she asked Aleen.

“How much you need for your sister?”

“… Around 9000 coins.”

“… That is much money.”

D’vina’s indifferent expression crumbled briefly when she heard Aleen’s words. Shaking her head, she immediately refused Aleen's opinion.

“I advise you against it, boy. It would be different if you only need three thousand or fewer coins, because you are already close to get that amount. But nine thousand... It's not an amount that you can get easily.

“Though you got close to two thousand coins this time, it was mostly due to luck, and you almost lost your life. It’s unwise to hope that you will count with the same luck next time.

“I think that it’s better if you use the money to strengthen yourself as much as you can so you have better chances of surviving and leveling up. Once you become level three or level four, collecting nine thousand coins will not be something hard.”

Aleen thought briefly about D’vina suggestion and nodded his head. He couldn’t deny that D’vina’s words were right; it was mostly due to luck that his rewards were so good this time. However, luck is something that changes quickly, and Aleen could not guarantee that he will continue being so lucky.

“What must I do then?” He asked with a serious expression.

D’vina nodded in approval when she saw that Aleen agreed to her words. Quickly, she named the things that Aleen needed to buy.

“You only need to pay attention to four things. Firstly, the body-enhancement drug for level two to increase the stats of your body; secondly, a storage device, it did not matter if it’s small and cheap for now; and lastly, a sword and armor. I advise you to buy the most expensive sword and armor you can afford, but be careful of not buying something that you will find hard to use.”

Aleen repeated the things that D’vina mentioned in his mind briefly to remember them, he then nodded.

“I understand, teacher.”

“Very well. Now, give me your hand.”

“Huh?”

With a confused expression, Aleen extended his right hand. D’vina then extended hers and touched the bracelet on his wrist with her bracelet.

At that moment, a window appeared in D’vina’s bracelet and some information was transferred from Aleen's bracelet to hers. 

D’vina nodded briefly when she saw it and explained to Aleen. “I saved your dimensional code in my communicator. With it, I can contact you when we aren’t in the games and I will be able to guide you with your training.”

Aleen was surprised for a moment but quickly nodded in understating. He already knew that the bracelet in his wrist could communicate through dimensions, so he did not find it too surprising when he heard D’vina’s explanation.

“By the way.” D’vina’s slightly irritated voice sounded at that moment. “Stop calling me teacher. It makes me feel old.”

Aleen put a stupefied expression when he heard it. But quickly, he smiled.

“Then you stop calling me boy. I feel like a kid when you do.”

D'vina smiled briefly and said.

“It’s a deal.”

Aleen could not help but think that a smile suited D’vina very much.

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

22