Chapter 73 – A Fated Meeting (3)
1.3k 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second chapter today...

“Huh?” Aleen frowned deeply while lining up to get the teddy bear.

A grave expression appeared on his face. He was sure that he heard something strange just now.

The sound was strange, and he only heard it faintly. If he was not wrong, it seemed like the sound of a gunshot.

He immediately circulated a small amount of mana around his body to enhance his senses, and at that moment, he heard another gunshot.

This time, the sound was much clearer.

And the direction from where it was coming was…

“Claire!” Aleen’s body shook when he confirmed that it was the direction where Claire was.

Amidst the astonished glances of the surroundings, Aleen left the line quickly and ran towards the direction of Claire.

Aleen suppressed the impulse to use his skill, and instead reinforced his body with mana. He knew that if he loses his calm in a situation like this, he could end causing something worse, so he took a deep breath and made sure that nobody would notice anything strange with him.

Of course, some people noticed that he was a bit too fast, but they at most thought that he was a very fast boy and not that his speed was that of a superhuman.

At his current speed, he could leave the mall in at most two minutes.

But before Aleen could run for long, a thunderous crashing noise came from outside.

All the blood drained from his face and an uneasy feeling filled him.

Shaking his head, he suppressed once more the impulse to use his skill and continued running, but this time a bit faster than before.

Meanwhile, he prayed that nothing happens to his sister.

 

 

Claire was unable to react when the car flew towards her.

However, someone else reacted instead.

When Claire turned around to return to the shopping mall, Aya heard the commotion coming from the two cars. Her first reaction was to escape from there, but when she saw the back of Claire, she hesitated.

Then, she saw how the car was turned upside down.

And then, she saw the car fleeing towards Claire.

Before her mind could react, her body moved instinctively.

It leaned forward in an instant, and her right foot stepped hard on the floor, propelling her body forward at superhuman speed.

As if knowing what its owner was planning, the silver cat jumped down from her arms calmly, taking the bag with the crepe with it.

Now with her hands free, the silver-haired girl opened her arms and pounced towards Claire, hugging her body and taking her out of the car's path.

An instant later, the car crashed against the store.

*Crash!*

The two girls rolled on the ground for a few meters before stopping.

Instinctively, Claire closed her eyes when she felt something impacting against her. In the beginning, she thought that she had been hit by the car, but an instant later, she discovered that someone was hugging her.

Surprised, she opened her red eyes widely and discovered a pair of blue eyes looking towards her with a pained expression.

“You…”

“Get up!” Interrupted the silver-haired girl while helping Claire to stand up. “Come, follow me.”

Grabbing her hand, the silver-haired girl pulled Claire towards an alley.

“Ouch!” Claire groaned in pain while walking. Apparently, she had strained her ankle during the fall.

The silver-haired girl frowned briefly, but she didn’t stop. She could see a person coming out from the crashed car; and if he was armed, then it could be dangerous if they continued there.

Claire also knew that the situation was still dangerous, so she didn’t let out a sound after the first groan of pain. Instead, she forced her body to follow the silver-haired girl.

With her black hair filled with dust, her clothes tattered in some parts and small injuries in her elbow and knees, Claire followed the silver-haired girl until the alley and hid in it with her.

At that moment, the man finally pulled his body out from the destroyed car.

He didn’t check his injuries immediately; instead, he dragged his body towards his brother who was still trapped inside the car.

“Brother! Hurry up, we have to get out of here now!” Kneeling before the car, he tried to call his brother.

However, his brother didn’t answer.

The man made a perplexed face when he saw his brother don't answer, but quickly, it turned to an expression of despair.

“Brother? Brother!?” Frantically, the man shook out his brother’s body and tried to wake him up, but his brother remained quiet. His breath had stopped.

When the man realized it, tears fell from his eyes.

At that moment, two policemen came down from the police car that had stopped ten meters before the man.

Pointing their weapons towards the kneeling man, they shouted threateningly.

“You are trapped! Put your hands where we can see them!”

“You… You killed him…”

“I told you, raise your hands!”

“You killed my brother…”

“Hurry up or we are going to shot!”

“YOU! KILLED! MY BROTHER!!!”

With a voice filled with rage and hatred, the man roared.

And his roar shook the surroundings.

Before the two policemen could understand what was happening, the windows in the surroundings broke.

At the same time, Claire and the silver-haired girl who were nearby covered their ears painfully.

“Dammit! Shot shot!”

With frightened expressions, the two policemen pressed the trigger of their weapons.

*BANG!* BANG!* *BANG!*

But to their surprise, the man slowly stood up despite the bullets impacting his body.

His eyes were bloodshot and his body was covered with injuries, but strangely, he seemed alright.

Moreover, a strange current of wind was revolving around his body.

The two policemen couldn’t possibly know what was happening, but currently, the mana on the surroundings was rushing towards the man.

It was a phenomenon that sometimes occurs when someone levels up.

With blood flowing from the wounds caused by the bullets, the man looked to the policemen with eyes filled with hatred, and took a step forward.

Then, he rushed towards one of them.

Frightened, the policeman shot the man once more with his gun, but though the bullet hit his body, the man continued advancing as if he were unable to feel pain.

And before the policeman could shot again, the man was already before him.

And at the next instant, his body was torn apart.

The next few days I won't be very busy, so I'll try to post the two chapters in the next few days...

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

10