Chapter 76 – Like a Translucent Fairy
1.3k 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Another one coming in ten minutes...

Aleen and Claire returned to home after noon.

Probably because she was tired after going through such a terrifying event, Claire fell asleep once they reached home.

Aleen only smiled wryly and decided to train the sword while she was sleeping.

He spent three hours training in the courtyard before stopping, but when he was back inside, he found that Claire was surprisingly still asleep.

Aleen gave a sigh of helplessness and shook his head briefly. He could only hope that his sister doesn’t end with a trauma due to the events today.

Seeing that Claire didn’t seem like she was going to wake up soon, Aleen decided to prepare dinner. They had eaten a bit after leaving the infirmary, but Aleen was hungry after all the training he did.

Thinking about it, Aleen noticed that his appetite had increased from the first game. He wondered if it was a side-effect of having a stronger body.

Shaking those thoughts out of his mind, Aleen took a quick bath and then went to prepare dinner.

Humming a song softly, he grabbed some ingredients from the fridge and took a knife to cut them. At that moment, however, he heard a soft and melodious voice coming from behind him.

“Mm mm, A man is very charming when he is cooking after all…”

Aleen immediately turned around and took out the sword, Dark Night, from the ring.

“Who are you!? How did you enter my house!?” He asked with a guarded expression.

The girl behind him gave a very charming and peaceful smile that almost reduced Aleen's guard, and brought a finger to her lips. “Shh, don’t shout, Mr. Lightning, we don’t want to wake your sister.”

Aleen expression turned to one of surprise when he heard how the girl called him. Immediately, he furrowed his brows and took a prepared stance with his sword.

“C’mon, don’t be so tense.” She said with a pout. “Don’t worry, I don’t have bad intentions.”

Aleen didn’t relax despite the girl’s words. “You have not answered my questions, who are you and how did you enter my house?”

“*Giggle* Okay okay, calm down. My name is Alice, Alice Rayne; and you can call me Miss Seer.

“Oh right, I’m what you call, a level three.” She said with a relaxed expression.

Aleen muscles tensed when he heard the girl’s last words, and at the same time, he got ready to activate his skill anytime. He had seen how strong a level three could be, and he didn’t dare to underestimate someone like that.

Though the girl said that she didn’t have any bad intention, Aleen could not find a good reason for a level three to enter his home stealthily.

At the same time, he searched for a way to take the fight away from here. Aleen knew that a fight inside the house could put Claire's life at risk.

Alice seemed to notice his intentions, because she quickly waved her hands frantically. “Hey! I told you to calm down! I'm indeed a level three, but I’m completely useless in combat! Look! I come in peace! Hey!”

Aleen finally relaxed a bit when he saw the girl's frantic behavior. “How did you enter?”

A proud look appeared in the girl’s face. “It’s my second skill, ‘Astral Body’! Cool, right? It allows me to project my thoughts to almost anywhere in the world! Unfortunately, I cannot touch or eat anything in this state…” The girl lowered her shoulders depressed.

Aleen finally paid attention to her appearance at that moment. He noticed that she was not only really beautiful, but also a bit translucent, as if she were a projected image and not a human being.

It, however, only made her beauty more mystical and ethereal. Her blond hair and green eyes, combined with her petite body only 1.65 meters tall, gave her the appearance of a mischievous fairy. Aleen thought that if not because she was potentially dangerous, he would have been enchanted by her appearance.

According to her words, she appeared here through the use of her skill; and if her words were true, then she was not dangerous in her current state.

Aleen, of course, didn't fully believe her words.

But now that he knew how she entered the house; he only had a question remaining.

“Do you need anything? I don’t remember a reason to you visit me.”

The girl’s depressed expression disappeared in a flash and she returned to her innocent smile. “I’m here to give you a greeting, and to tell you to not worry about using your skill today. I have a good friend who helped me to erase your presence from the security cameras, so nobody will know that you were the one who killed the robber!”

Aleen expression turned grave. “How do you know?”

“I told you, don’t I? I’m a seer, my first skill allows me to see things that already happened and predict things that will happen. Very useful, don’t you think so?”

Aleen frowned deeply when he heard it. At the same time, a certain thought appeared involuntarily in his mind.

‘She is the perfect voyeur, right?’

“Hey, that is rude!”

“Huh? You also can read minds?”

“Of course not! Your expression told me what you were thinking!”

Aleen could not help but cough briefly to hide his awkwardness.

“… Anyway, why are you telling me this?”

“I told you, it’s a greeting! Consider it a gift for our first meeting, and my hopes so we can have a good cooperation in the future.”

“Cooperation? What do you mean?”

“You will know soon, Mr. Lightning; I need to do a few preparations yet. When everything is ready, I will tell you.”

Aleen fell deep in thoughts. A few seconds later, he relaxed his stance, but continued holding the sword in his hand.

“… About the cameras, thanks.”

“Haha, no problem. As I told you, it was a greeting gift.”

Aleen shook his head. “It doesn’t matter what your intention is, I have to thank you at least. By the way, I can’t believe that there is a level three so fast. Dimensional Paradise began just a month ago.”

Alice tilted her head. “Huh? But I never have gone to Dimensional Paradise. I can use my first skill from when I have memory, and I acquired the second a few days ago.”

“Impossible! The manatization process only began around four months ago, and you are at least fourteen years old.”

“Hey, I’m 18!” Alice said with a pout. “Besides, people could acquire skills from long ago, it’s just that we could not use them properly. I, for example, could see visions from when I was small, but I could only see vague things from time in time. Around three months ago, I felt a strange kind of energy around me and my skill was strengthened drastically; I even learned a new skill later.”

Aleen furrowed his brows hearing it. “Then, how is it possible that nobody knows about skills until now.”

“Because very few people could awaken them before, and they were normally useless or hidden purposely. I know about a boy that could attract small metallic things, but now he could attract and repel metal at will. Also, there is a woman who could see souls and now she can interact with them and borrow their strength.”

Aleen nodded in surprise. Now that he thought about it, he remembered hearing stories like that; he never expected that they were people with skills.

“How do you know about it?” Aleen asked in doubt.

“I’m a seer, I know many things.”

Aleen looked towards her doubtfully.

Alice smiled sheepishly and waved her hand. “Okay, I have to go; my skill is about to end. See you soon, Mr. Lightning; I wish you good luck in your next game.”

Before Aleen could answer, he saw the mysterious girl dissipate slowly from the kitchen.

Once she was gone, Aleen kept his sword back in the ring and massaged his temple slowly.

He had the presentment that this girl would mean trouble.

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

Special thanks to: Trent Stone.

15