Chapter 91 – Tower of Nightmares (3)
1.2k 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
3/3 chapters today... I hope you enjoy it...

“Mr. Aleen, Laura is dying!”

Aleen was reminded that things were not over after killing the level two zombie.

He ran immediately towards where the white-collar woman was and examined her state.

The big gash on her abdomen was frightening, and she was bleeding nonstop. She was going to die soon at this rate.

The stubble guy and the college girl had tried to stop the bleeding using their clothes and other objects they found on the third floor, but it was mostly useless. She obviously needed urgent treatment.

Aleen remembered that he brought some first aid stuff in his ring, so he took it out quickly. “Use it!” He said while passing it to the college girl.

She, however, looked to the objects with a lost expression. Fortunately, one of the bodyguards knew what was happening and helped her. “I know how to proportionate first aid.”

With trained movements, he tore a bandage apart and wrapped it around the injury after disinfecting it.

Around a minute later, the bleeding finally stopped.

The white-collar woman’s expression was pale white, almost like a corpse. Aleen was uncertain about her possibilities of survival.

After all, you could endure only so much with an enhanced body.

The bodyguard gave a sigh of relief and looked to his partner. He then took a piece of gauze and bandaged the wounds on him.

Aleen furrowed his brows. “How was he injured?”

“He was attacked in the arm by a zombie cat when we were escaping towards here, and the huge zombie caused the other injury just now."

Aleen's expression turned slightly unsightly.

If the zombie plague was so infectious as he thought, then it means that the bodyguard and the white-collar woman were basically dead.

Aleen looked towards the white-collar woman and noticed that her eyes seemed sleepy. He slapped her cheek softly, but the woman didn’t react.

Aleen frowned and tried to feel her breathing. It had stopped.

“She is dead.” He said with a deadpan voice.

The others were startled when they heard his words.

“Quickly, CPR!” Shouted the college girl, but neither Aleen nor her bodyguards moved.

“… It’s useless.” One of them said. “She lost too much blood. Even if we bring her back, she will die shortly after it. If we can get enough blood, then perhaps…”

The bodyguard did not continue.

They all knew, there was no way to get blood in this place.

And even if one of them was compatible with her, it was impossible to transfuse the blood in a place like this.

A heavy silence filled the surroundings.

After a few seconds, someone finally spoke.

“… Are you sure that there is an exit in the central tower?” The stubble guy asked with uncertainty.

Aleen could feel the fear and hesitation in the man’s voice.

“I am.” Aleen replied firmly.

“… Are we going to survive if we go there.”

Aleen wanted to say yes, but he couldn’t bring himself to say it.

Instead, he shook his head slightly. “You will die for sure if you stay here; but if you go to the tower, then perhaps you can survive.”

The stubble guy tried to open his mouth, but in the end, he stayed silent.

Aleen glanced at him briefly before looking to the rest of the group.

“Rest for five minutes. I want to see if the corpse revives.”

The others nodded and sat on the ground. Aleen hesitated slightly but at the end took out some rations from his ring and gave a little to each one.

The two bodyguards only rested briefly before standing and looking around the building to see if they could find something useful. Aleen just gave them a glimpse and concentrated on recovering his mana and observing the state of the woman’s corpse.

Two minutes later, the two bodyguards returned. “Mr. Aleen, look at this.”

Aleen exited his meditation and took a look at the object the bodyguards brought.

It was a piece of paper filled with information. A map.

Aleen gave it a curious glance and found that it was a map from the building.

The map was very detailed, and it showed everything, even the escape routes. Aleen even saw two underground levels and a tunnel connecting them to the surface, near the central tower.

He felt a bit of curiosity about the purpose of the underground levels, but he extinguished it quickly.

Underground, tunnels, and zombies were definitively a bad combination.

“Why are you showing me this?” He asked curiously.

“Look here.” One of them signaled to a part of the map. “It looks like an infirmary. Maybe we can find something useful there.”

Aleen looked to the bandages on one of the bodyguards and understood their intention.

“If he is infected, I doubt you can find the cure there.”

And even if the cure was there, how were they going to identify it?

Aleen doubted that the cure would have the words ‘It’s the cure’, written on it.

The other two fell silent.

They could understand it too, but they at least wanted to try.

“*Sigh* Very well, we will give it a quick look before going.”

The two bodyguards nodded appreciatively.

At that moment, the woman’s body twitched.

Aleen reacted immediately and grabbed his sword. He walked warily towards the woman and observed her detailedly to confirm if it was just an illusion or not.

But a few seconds later, her arm twitched again.

Then, she opened her eyes.

They were blank, like the other zombies.

Before the others could process the change, the woman jumped.

She… No, it, opened its mouth and shrieked loudly while trying to bite Aleen.

But Aleen just shook his head.

With a wave of his hand, the sword cut through her neck and beheaded her.

Maybe because she lost too much blood before dying, almost no blood flowed from her neck; but despite it, most of the group turned pale.

“It’s infectious after all huh… And the virus took less than three minutes to turn her into a zombie after she died.” Aleem mumbled softly and looked towards the injured bodyguard. The bodyguard felt his gaze and looked to him, then, he nodded.

Aleen was not sure if it meant that he was alright, or if it was a nod of resignation.

Nodding back, he looked to the rest of the group and spoke.

“Let’s go.”

The others nodded.

Rate the story if you like it...
The story reached to 100 chapters in patreon, you can read them if you support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise

The tiers are now like this.
$1 = 1 Chapter ahead.
$3 = 3 Chapters ahead.
$5 = 5 Chapters ahead.
$10 = 10 Chapters ahead.

20