Chapter 97 – Pandemonium (4)
1.1k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Taking advantage of a brief rest...

*Clang!*

A metallic noise resounded underground.

Making use of the rebound of the clash between the sword and the claw, Aleen retreated from the crawler.

But the crawler moved faster. Before Aleen could get a stable footing, the crawler was already attacking from the right side.

Without more options, Aleen could only use his sword to block the attack again.

While his sword was busy defending, the crawler attacked again with his leg. Helplessly, Aleen used his armguard to defend and took a few steps back due to the impact of the kick.

As if waiting for that opportunity, the crawler crouched down and used all its body to pounce against Aleen before he could recover his footing.

However, Aleen was also waiting for an opportunity. When the crawler body left the ground, Aleen used his left foot to forcibly stop his retreat and twist his body, avoiding the attack and slashing the belly of the creature with his sword.

Unfortunately, the crawler was able to twist its body in the air and used its right leg to kick Aleen from an unexpected direction, forcing him to change the direction of his attack and use the sword to defend against the kick.

Both of them retreated and observed each other carefully.

‘Just five seconds more…’ Aleen thought in his mind while calculating the time left before the activation of his skill.

Though Aleen could see the situation of the other group, there was nothing he could do. The crawler he was facing was stronger than he expected, and the only reason he was still uninjured was his new gear.

Crawlers were fast, and their movements were unpredictable. They were faster than Aleen without using his skill, and because they could step on the walls and the roof, and attack from there, they had more maneuverability.

Fortunately, Aleen was stronger and his sword was much sharper than its claws. Besides, though Aleen’s swordsmanship wasn’t first class, it was enough to overwhelm the crawler when they clashed, so it could only use its strange movements to try to kill Aleen.

And to be honest, it almost succeeded.

In its first attack, the crawler used its two claws to hold Aleen’s sword while it used its legs to grapple Aleen's lower body. When Aleen noticed it, he retreated frantically, but the monster took advantage of it to deflect its sword and attack his chest.

Aleen only survived because his protective gear blocked the monster’s attacks.

But his cuirass was unable to stop the impact behind the attack, so he ended slightly injured.

Fortunately, Aleen's wariness was higher from then, so the monster was unable to find another opportunity to hit him.

But if he would've been using the gear he wore one game ago, he probably would be dead for now.

While Aleen was observing the crawler, something happened.

Aleen heard the crawler fighting against the others crying in pain.

When he turned his head to look at there, he saw Aya’s cat taking a chunk of meat from the creature’s side.

At the same time, Aya used her short spear to pin its leg against the ground.

‘What…!?” Aleen made a startled expression; but before he could comprehend what was happening, the crawler that was fighting against him moved.

But instead of jumping towards Aleen, it ran towards the others.

“Careful!” Aleen alerted them from the attack and chased after the crawler, but the beast ignored him and jumped towards the group.

The others finally reacted and one of the bodyguards used his body to block the attack. He used the axe he was wielding to protect his body and received the creature’s charge.

The beast clashed against the axe and deflected it easily. But before the claws could bisect the man, Lily attacked the creature, cutting one of its legs with her claws.

“Screeeeeeechhhh!!!” The creature screamed in pain and jumped back, but Aleen was waiting behind it and didn’t hesitate to swing his sword.

'Sharp Blade!'

Aleen activated the technique and coated the sword with mana, then, he bisected the monster in half.

The entrails of the monster fell on the ground while it cried in pain, but Aleen didn’t stop. This time, he thrust his sword towards the crawler’s head and pierced its brain, killing the monster of once and for all.

But while they were focused on Aleen’s crawler, the crawler that had been pinned on the ground by Aya’s spear roared.

"ROAAAAARRRRRRRR!"

It pulled fiercely the leg that Aya had pinned on the ground, and tore it apart, destroying its leg completely, but at the same time escaping and jumping away.

Unfortunately, its speed slowed down drastically with one useless leg.

Aya quickly pulled the spear back and stabbed towards the crawler, but though the creature was slower than before, it still managed to avoid the attack. However, it failed to evade Aleen’s follow up attack.

His sword cut upwards at great speed from the bisected corpse of the recently killed crawler, slicing half of the head of the crawler trying to escape.

Unexpectedly though, it didn't die after receiving that attack. With a cry of pain, it jumped again and tried to run away.

But before it could run more than five meters, its body lost all its strength and fell to the ground.

The creature, however, continued dragging its body away. It whimpered in pain while using its claws to pull its body through the ground.

Aleen panted softly and sighed in relief when he saw it.

Somehow, they managed to beat the three level-two crawlers without losing anyone.

Relaxing his muscles, he walked slowly towards the struggling creature with his sword in hand.

But when he took his second step forward, Aya and Lily shivered.

“… They are here.” Aya said fearfully.

Aleen stopped abruptly when he heard it.

"... Who?"

At that moment, something fell from the ventilation conduct above the crawler.

“… I’m sorry. I was too focused on the battle that I forgot about them.” Aya said while shivering slightly.

The creature didn’t pay attention to the group. Instead, it used its eight legs to walk towards the crawler and then, used its jaws to tear apart its flesh and devour its blood.

The group could only observe the scene with disturbed expressions.

And then, the second creature fell from the duct.

“… Damned game!” Aleen cursed under its breath the sick bastards that created this nightmare.

And the third creature fell.

The group retreated slowly, trying not to attract their attention.

But when the fourth creature fell, it didn't walk towards the crawler's body and competed against its brothers for food.

Instead, it moved its eyes towards the remaining, unclaimed, and fresh food.

Aleen felt shivers in his back.

When the fifth spider fell from the ventilation duct, Aleen finally shouted.

“Run!”

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise to read until 10 chapters ahead...

18