Chapter 103 – Patient Zero (4)
1.1k 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aya opened her eyes wide when the zombie attacked.

She tried to twist her body out of the zombie’s range, but she was too close to the zombie to avoid its attack. The zombie opened its jaws and extended its hand towards her heart.

Aya felt the time slow down at that moment. She saw her life flashing before her eyes, and her expressionless face was filled with unwillingness.

At that moment, Lily moved.

She had been hiding out of the zombie’s sight, waiting for an opportunity to attack; but when she saw its master being attacked, Lily didn’t hesitate to extend her claws and pounce towards its back.

However, the zombie was not going to let this opportunity pass. It ignored completely Lily’s attack and continued charging towards Aya.

But when the claw was about to pierce Aya’s chest, Aleen appeared.

He forced his body to move as fast as possible without using his skill, and reached just in time to stop the attack with his sword.

But because he rushed to protect Aya, he was unable to keep his balance after receiving the attack.

His body trembled slightly due to the impact. Aleen tried to resist the strength of the attack, but his arms began to bent back slowly, and his feet yielded to the pressure and failed to endure the impact.

At the next instant, Aleen's body was sent flying and crashed against the ground.

Aleen felt all the air leaving his lungs, but he struggled to keep his eyes open and did not move his sight away from the zombie. Aya recovered her footing in that brief instant, and jumped back, but the zombie wasn’t interested in her anymore.

It knew that Aleen was the most dangerous of them and was wary against his high-speed movement; so, it charged right away towards him when it saw the chance to kill Aleen.

Aleen could see the level-three zombie closing with his claw-like nails outstretched. It was looking directly towards him with bloodshot eyes and smiling in delight.

Aleen's thoughts accelerated unconsciously; he activated the technique that he created using his first skill.

‘Dynamic Sight’.

Aleen felt his surroundings slowing down under this technique, but despite it, he could see the threat of death closing slowly. Aleen looked around frantically, searching for a way out of this situation; but he saw nothing that he could use. Helpless, he could only opt for using his skill to escape from the attack.

But when he was about to activate it, someone appeared before him.

It was the bodyguard.

Aleen had fallen near the bodyguard when he received the zombie’s attack.

And when the bodyguard saw that Aleen was about to be killed, he used his own body as a shield.

The bodyguard knew that if Aleen died, none of them could stop the creature, so he suppressed his instinctual fear towards death and put his body in front of Aleen.

And in the next second, the unpleasant sound of flesh and bones being pierced reached Aleen’s ears.

Aleen looked consternated as the zombie’s arm pierced the bodyguard.

It entered from his back and exited through his chest. Aleen could see in slow motion how the bodyguard's blood, flesh, and bones flew towards the surroundings.

Under the effects of ‘Dynamic Sight’, the scene was reflected clearly in his eyes, frame by frame.

But when he thought that it was the end of the bodyguard, he saw a smile.

Taking advantage of the moment when the zombie’s arm pierced his chest, the bodyguard squeezed all his potential and grabbed its arm, then, he performed an awkward movement of judo and used the zombie’s impulse against it.

“Haaaaah!!!”

The zombie didn’t think that the prey would struggle after receiving such an attack, and it never faced a technique like that before, so, for slightly less than a second, it was pressed against the ground.

It was just an instant, and the zombie recovered immediately after it, tearing off the bodyguard’s arm in fury; but that second was the opportunity that Aleen was waiting for.

So, without hesitation, he activated his skill.

‘Lightning Movement!!!’

His body, that was again in the air after crashing against the ground, was filled with lightning.

Aleen pressed his right hand against the ground and used it to impulse his body towards the zombie, and with his left hand, he slashed with his sword.

His body groaned in pain, but he gritted his teeth and endured it. He put all his remaining mana into his sword and activated Sharp Blade while aiming for the zombie’s neck.

The sword hummed sharply, and advanced in direction of the zombie while leaving behind beautiful silver sparks.

But the zombie was worthy of being a level three. It tried to twist its head to the side to avoid the blade; unfortunately, Aleen was not going to miss this attack.

“Dieeeee!!!”

The sword flashed with a mix between silver and dark, and then, it cut through the zombie’s neck.

Aleen was unable to stop his body after using that attack and continued forward while leaving a trail of silver lightning behind. A second later, he crashed against a wall twenty meters away.

At the same time, the zombie’s body flew three meters away and crashed against the ground after receiving that attack.

Aleen forced his body to look into the zombie’s direction and finally sighed in relief.

His body was completely drained of energy after the last attack.

Aleen struggled to keep his consciousness awake and forced his heavy eyelids to open.

But then, his face turned pale.

The zombie... stood up slowly.

His neck was mostly cut, and his head was hanging from a thread of rotten flesh. It moved its body wobblily and waved its hand around trying to search for them.

Aleen tried to stand up again, but his body did not respond.

When he was about to shout at the others, she moved.

Lily charged towards the zombie while leaving a silvery-dark trail behind, then, she used her claws to finally cut the zombie’s head.

When the head fell to the ground, Lily looked towards it with a look of disgust, and then, crushed it with her paw.

Waving her paw to shake off the blood, she raised her head and meowed arrogantly.

“Meow!”

Support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise to read until the end of this arc 10 chapters ahead ... Also, rate the story if you like it...

21