Chapter 107 – Rotten Blood and Flesh (4)
1.1k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ROAAAAARRRRRR!!!”

With a roar, all the debris around the abomination flew away.

Aleen and Aya looked to the scene with fear and awe. They could not believe the destruction caused by the abomination.

It was as if a bomb would have exploded inside the twentieth floor, destroying part of the nineteenth, twentieth and twenty-first floor.

Not just it, the destruction also ended closing the portal.

Under Aleen and Aya’s gazes of astonishment, the abomination jumped towards them.

Aleen reacted immediately and grabbed Aya’s arm before running away from there with Lily following after them.

One second later, the abomination fell in the place where they were just a moment ago, but Aleen and Aya had already escaped from there.

Enraged, the abomination grabbed a piece of debris from the ground and threw it towards them; fortunately, the pair avoided it easily without stopping their escape.

Unfortunately, their speed was not greater than the abomination, so they could not shake off its pursuit; moreover, it continued throwing things in their path, slowing them down even more.

Aleen’s skill allowed them to escape the pursuit of the abomination briefly, but it caught up with them again not long after it. It simply broke the floor and fell to the floor below while Aleen and Aya used the stairs.

When the abomination saw that it made it easier to catch them, it stopped chasing after Aleen and Aya; instead, when they were going to use the stairs, it destroyed the floor again and fell in front of them, blocking their path.

Aleen and Aya paled immediately. Without hesitation, they stopped their steps and climbed back the stairs, returning to the previous floor.

The abomination roared again and chased after them.

“It will not do!” Aleen shouted while running. “We are going to be exhausted before shaking it off. We need to think of something!”

Aya just nodded with a grave expression.

Aleen put his mind to work. He looked around while searching for a way to improve their situation.

The portal had been destroyed, so they could not accomplish the mission anymore. Fortunately, Aleen was confident that the number of points he got in the last two games were enough to survive despite failing the mission.

However, any amount of points would be useless if he is killed by the abomination.

Furthermore, Aya's points were not going to be enough to survive.

Aleen was not sure about how much points you acquire after killing one monster, but he knew that the higher the level of the monster, the more points you acquire after killing it.

Following that idea, the best way to avoid Aya’s death is to kill the level-three abomination, but Aleen had 0% confidence in killing it.

So, her only option was to kill as many zombies as possible before the time ends.

However, they had to get rid of the abomination’s pursuit before thinking about killing more zombies.

“Meow!” Aleen heard Lily’s warning and jumped aside to avoid one piece of debris threw by the abomination. The piece of debris flew through the place where he was just a moment ago and broke a window, falling to the ground from the fifteenth floor.

Aleen then adjusted his posture and continued running with Aya beside him. At that moment, however, an idea came to his mind.

Aleen looked to the window destroyed by the abomination just a moment ago and cursed in his mind.

‘It’s crazy!!!’

However, it was possible…

Aleen looked to Aya once he organized his thoughts.

“I have an idea. But it’s very crazy, and you need to trust me completely.”

Aya didn’t hesitate and nodded immediately.

Seeing it, Aleen also nodded and explained the idea quickly.

When Aya heard about it, her expressionless look changed greatly, but in the end, she agreed.

“Okay, let’s do it!” Aleen shouted and grabbed Aya’s hand. At the same time, Aya used her link with Lily and told her to jump into her arms.

Then, when Aleen felt that his skill was ready, the three jumped towards a window and broke it.

Immediately, a feeling of weightlessness assaulted them.

But before they could process that feeling, their bodies began to fall down quickly.

Aleen hugged Aya firmly and activated ‘Dynamic Sight’.

Under the slowed time, he could see the ground becoming closer and closer slowly. Aleen knew that falling from the fifteenth floor would mean death, even with their enhanced bodies; but if they want to shake off the pursuit of the abomination quickly, it was the only way that he could think.

But when he was about to put his plan into action, he heard a roar coming from above them.

Unexpectedly, the abomination had jumped after them.

'Damn it!!!'

Aleen's face changed drastically. He did not think that the abomination’s determination to catch them would be so strong.

However, they could not change the plan now.

So, without hesitation, Aleen stabbed his sword into the wall.

The sword cut the wall easily, but because it was too sharp, it did not stop their fall and continued cutting downwards while they were falling.

However, it slowed the speed of the fall greatly.

Aleen felt an enormous amount the pain in his right arm, but he did not let go of the sword. He knew that it was their only chance to escape from this situation with their lives.

But because the sword slowed their fall, the abomination caught up with them in an instant.

In the middle of the fall, it raised its claw and swung it down.

Aleen knew that their life and death was going to be decided in that second.

So, he gritted his teeth and circulated all his mana fiercely. His slowed vision helped him to find the perfect moment, and then, he activated his skill.

‘Lightning Movement!!!’

Immediately, electricity coursed through his veins.

Aleen's feet stepped on the wall, and then, he kicked it fiercely.

His body twisted in the air and he used the wall to move aside. It was a small movement, but it was enough to avoid the abomination’s arm.

Once he avoided the abomination’s attack, he turned off the skill.

Then, they continued falling.

The abomination roared in fury when it saw that its claw did not crush the pair, but it could do nothing to stop its fall. Aleen, on the other hand, continued using the sword to slow down their speed.

One second later, they crashed against the ground.

Rate the story if you like it...
You can also support me on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise, I appreciated it very much...

19