Chapter 126 – Pursuit (1)
776 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
1/3 chapters today. The other two are coming tonight.

“Huh?” The vampire made a surprised expression and tried to send more branches towards them, but that brief moment of distraction allowed the blue-skinned man to take the advantage in their fight.

“Kuh!” The vampire was forced to evade a flying blade and hurriedly created a wooden spear to stop another attack, but the blue-skinned man was planning to make use of his current advantage to kill him.

“Damn you! Are you planning to let them escape?!” The vampire shouted at the dran man, but he ignored it and continued attacking.

His blades pressed forward and cornered the vampire little by little. Before long, the vampire noticed that he did not have much space to evade.

“You are crazy!” The vampire cursed angrily and chanted a new incantation. Once the incantation was finished, the fog around him trembled slightly and then, it surged forward.

The fog created a gigantic whirlpool and rushed towards the blue-skinned man. The blue-skinned man was then forced to retreat and distance himself from the vampire.

“You… Don’t you care about the girl?! They are gone!” The vampire asked fiercely.

“It doesn’t matter. I can find them again easily, but you will be a bother if you don’t die here.”

“You-”

“I have to admit that you are pretty strong.” The blue-skinned man interrupted the vampire. “But it’s the end now.”

With his words, the blades glowed even brighter than before. A sharp blade intent spread in the surroundings and pressed against the vampire.

“Do you think you can kill me so easily?” The vampire asked.

“Yes, I do.”

With that as the signal, the fight reached the climax.

 

 

Aleen and Aya escaped at full speed without turning back.

After running for more than five kilometers, they finally stopped to rest. The two of them panted heavily and did their best to catch their breath. Actually, they were completely spent a few minutes ago, but they were able to endure the fatigue by sheer willpower.

“… They did not chase after us…” Aya commented when she recovered her breath.

Aleen nodded while putting Claire on the ground. “I don’t know why they didn’t chase us, but it’s good for us. Furthermore, I did not use my skill when escaping, so they don’t know about it.”

Aya nodded in consent. She then stroked softly Lily’s fur and wrinkled her brows. “Do you think they will come after us?”

“… Probably.” Aleen answered with a dark expression. “They did not chase us before because they were fighting each other, but once the fight ends, the winner will come.”

Aya fell silent hearing it.

Aleen stared fixedly at her with a complicated expression. He hesitated for a moment unable to make up his mind, but once he thought about the dangers they were facing, he resolved himself.

“Aya, I think it’s better if we separate here.”

“Huh?” Aya put on a startled face when she heard Aleen.

“They are chasing after Claire, so it’s not related to you. Although it will be dangerous to travel alone, I think it’s safer than if you come with us.”

“… I don’t want to leave.” Aya said with a firm expression.

Aleen’s expression turned complicated. He sighed and shook his head firmly. “No, you must leave. Claire is my responsibility, not yours. You don’t need to risk your life for her. Moreover, I can’t use my skill to escape with you around. If I’m alone with Claire, I can use the skill without fearing for your safety.”

Aya’s face hardened. Her blue eyes flashed quickly while an expression of struggle appeared on her face. Finally, she agreed reluctantly.

Aleen gave a sigh of relief. He then lifted Claire again and put her on his back.

He looked at Aya deeply and nodded in acknowledgment. “I wish you good luck.” He said.

“… You too.”

Aleen gave Aya a last glance and afterward, he left.

Aya stared at his back fixedly and patted Lily’s silver fur. Lily raised her head and looked at Aya for a moment, then, she nodded.

Aya did not hesitate anymore and departed.

 

 

Aleen carried Claire on his back while running through the forest. Maybe it was because he was lucky, but they did not find any monster on their path.

Strangely, Aleen noticed that the fog became thinner. He realized that the change began from the moment when the giant bird of fire attacked the fog.

It was as though the fog was fearful of the bird of fire and tried to keep a respectful distance from it.

At that moment, Aleen felt Claire moving on his back.

Aleen made a startled expression and stopped instantly. He then held Claire in his arms and called her name.

“Claire! Are you alright?!”

Claire opened slowly her eyes and looked at Aleen with a sad gaze.

“… Sorry, it’s my fault.” She whispered softly with a look of guilt on her face. Although she was unconscious, she was more or less aware of the things that happened.

Aleen smiled gently tapped her forehead. “Silly girl, it’s not your fault. Besides, it’s an older brother's duty to take care of his little sister.”

Claire suppressed her tears when she heard those words. She could see that Aleen was looking at her with a gaze filled with worry, affection, and care. There was not even a trace of blame or hesitation on his gaze.

Under Aleen's gaze, Claire tried to curve up her lips, but due to it, she was unable to suppress her tears anymore. She then sobbed softly and nodded at Aleen.

“Mm.”

Aleen smiled and put Claire again on his back. He then resumed running.

But when he began to run, Claire extended her finger in another direction.

“Brother, the monster that controls the fog is in that direction.”

Aleen fell silent for a moment before nodding. “I understand.”

Aleen then changed directions.

 

 

In the place where the blue-skinned man and the vampire were fighting, the fight was coming to an end.

At this moment, the vampire was kneeling on the ground. He was using a hand to hold a wound on his stomach and bleeding from the mouth.

The blue-skinned man, on the other hand, was standing leisurely before him.

“… How is it possible?” The vampire asked with a despairing expression.

The blue-skinned man did not bother to answer. He wielded a blade with his right hand and looked at the vampire indifferently. Then, he swung the blade down.

In the next second, the vampire’s head rolled in the ground.

The blue-skinned man returned his blade below his cape and turned around. He then looked in the direction where Aleen escaped and smiled softly.

“Now then, it’s time to hunt some puppies.”

15