Chapter 140 – A Treasure, A Calamity
990 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
2/2

The next day.

Aleen woke up early to train. He grabbed a training sword he bought before and began to train his swordsmanship on the courtyard.

Claire’s body was still weak, so she was sleeping in her room. Aya, on the other hand, woke up when she felt Aleen’s presence and followed him to train.

Aleen did not found it strange, after all, they were now teammates. He even taught Aya some stuff about mana, but he neither taught her his mana circulation technique nor Sharp Blade.

These two techniques were taught to him by D’vina, and although he did not know how valuable they were, he wanted to ask D’vina for permission before teaching them to Aya.

Aleen had to admit that Aya’s talent for mana was better than his. Although it could not be compared with Claire’s speed, Aya learned most of Aleen’s teachings very quickly. She only needed to hear Aleen’s explanation once, then practice it a pair of times, and afterward, she could use it.

Aleen could not help but sigh. People with talent were truly different.

While Aleen and Aya’s were training, Aleen’s bracelet ringed.

“Huh?” Aleen looked at his bracelet doubtfully, but his expression quickly turned to one of excitement.

Only one person called Al<<een through the bracelet. His mentor, D’vina.

Aleen had wanted to talk with D’vina from the moment he returned to earth. He was going to ask her if she knew some solution to Claire’s situation, but unfortunately, D’vina had not gotten in touch with him.

Moreover, D’vina forbade Aleen from contacting her from his side, so he could only wait until she called him.

Quickly, he touched his bracelet and connected the call. He took a deep breath to calm his emotions and looked at the screen projected from the bracelet.

“D’vina!” Aleen called with a serious expression.

“No bad, Aleen.” Came D’vina reply from the other side of the screen. “I saw your last game, and I admit I’m very impressed. To be honest, I was sure that you would be unable to survive.”

“… Thanks.” Aleen scratched his head with an embarrassed expression. “I also thought I was a goner on more than one occasion.”

“Your luck was good, and your companions were pretty useful. To be able to kill two level-three fighters and plot against another level-three monster in the same game, I’m sure that not many level-two can boast of something like that.” D’vina was not reserved with her compliments, and her expression was filled with obvious pride.

Aleen felt a bit overwhelmed due to her drastic change in behavior.

After all, even though D’vina turned less cold and distant after teaching Aleen for more than a week, she was someone that rarely smiled or showed her emotions so openly.

But now, she looked like a normal sister proud of her little brother after he won a competition. She was a completely different person compared to the usual D’vina.

“By the way, she is the girl in your team, right? Did you decide to team up?” D’vina asked after she saw Aya behind Aleen, looking at the screen with a curious expression.

“Actually, many things happened.” Aleen smiled wryly and explained everything to D’vina.

D’vina wrinkled her brows when she learned that Aleen entered the game as someone’s bodyguard. But when she heard about Leona’s words, her expression turned dark. She narrowed her eyes and looked at Aleen with a grave expression.

“Are you sure that she said that your sister was the wielder of an Eternal Flame?”

“I’m sure. Do you have any idea about how to help her?”

Divina lowered her head and fell deep into thoughts. She did not say anything, but her expression turned darker with each second.

When Aleen was becoming worried, she heaved a sigh. “Aleen, I fear that your sister's situation is not worse than you think.”

“… What do you mean?”

“Eternal Flames, no, Eternal Elements in general, are very precious things. They are so precious that it can cause a fight between level-six. They are even more valuable than one planet. The value of one Eternal Element is not something you can imagine.

“After all, an Eternal Element can create one level-six, or at least, an extremely powerful level-five. Although the possibility of creating a level-six is less than 1%, that is enough to make many people crazy.

“If your sister has an Eternal Flame, it means that many powerful people will aim for her life. And I’m sure that none of them will care if the current host of the flame is alive or dead.”

Aleen’s expression turned pale. The first level-three that chased after them told Aleen that an Eternal Flame could create a level-six, but he never thought that the situation would be so serious.

If a level-six… No, just a level-four coming for Claire would be enough to send Aleen to despair.

D’vina sighed when she saw the change in Aleen’s expression. “Actually, even I was a bit tempted when I heard about the Eternal Flame. If not because an Eternal Flame is not compatible with me, then maybe I would have tried to fool you so I can get it.

“In other words, although an Eternal Flame is a valuable treasure to someone strong enough, for you, it’s only a calamity.”

Aleen fell silent after hearing that.

Guys, a new month is beginning, and it's the best time to make a pledge on patreon.
If you like this story and want to support me, you can do it on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until ten chapters ahead. I appreciate each pledge very much...

17