Chapter 141 – Mana, Body, Image, Experience, and Luck
734 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
1/2

“For you, the Eternal Flame is a calamity.” D’vina spoke.

Aleen fell silent when he heard it.

He could feel that behind him, Aya took a deep breath. Neither Aleen nor Aya had a clear concept of level-six, but they were completely sure that they were as weak as ants in front of them.

“… Is there something we can do?” Aleen finally asked.

D’vina put on a pondering expression for a few seconds before shaking her head. “No much. If Dimensional Paradise already knows that your sister is the host of an Eternal Flame, then her fate is already on their hands. I’m sure that they had a way to cure her, but it’s uncertain if they will use it on her.

“Actually, things are not completely hopeless. If Dimensional Paradise or the council wants to nurture your sister as a powerhouse, then her safety will be mostly guaranteed. Although she still will be in danger, it will be much lower than now.”

Aleen nodded in understating. ‘It looks like the visit Leona spoke about is more important than I thought.’ Aleen muttered in his mind and thanked D’vina.

“Now that we finished speaking about your sister, let’s talk about something else. Aleen, the explosion that occurred in the last game, was it the result of a skill?”

Aya also looked curiously at Aleen when she heard that question. She too was a bit curious about that, but forgot to ask until now.”

Aleen nodded hesitantly. “I wanted to ask you about it. I thought I got a new skill back then, but the rune shattered before it was completely formed. I’m not sure why.”

Aleen then explained to D’vina what happened when he was fighting the level-three.

D’vina listened with a focused expression before heaving a sigh. “Such a pity, it was a good opportunity to breakthrough to level-three. Moreover, that skill seemed pretty good.”

“Do you know what happened?”

D’vina put on a complicated expression. “I never taught you how to get a new skill and increase your level, right? I thought it would take you longer before getting to this point, but surprisingly you tried to breakthrough less than twenty days after your first breakthrough.

“You see, there are various factors to take into account when it comes to getting a new skill. It’s said that we, Enlightened, relied mostly on luck to breakthrough, but it’s a lie. Although luck is important, you need more than it to increase in level.

“For us, skills are gotten through enlightenment. We caught a glimpse of the universe's laws and acquired a skill based on them. But glimpsing the laws is not so easy as it sounds. You need mana, a strong body, an image, accumulation of experiences, and luck to see the laws, and then, the laws will create the most compatible skill according to your actual situation.

“More mana means a higher chance to glimpse the laws, a good image makes it easier to get the skill you want, a strong band better experiences mean a greater chance to get a good skill. Your image was probably based on Sharp Blade. Your lack of experience, on the other hand, was compensated by your luck. So, it means that the problem probably occurred due to your mana or your body.”

“… What do you mean?” Aleen asked.

“Simply based on the destruction caused by the skill when it went out of control, your skill seemed like a very powerful one. Unfortunately, your body or mana were not strong enough to endure the burden of the skill, so it shattered before it finished forming completely.”

Aleen’s expression turned dejected when he heard it. Aya could not help but pat his shoulder to console him, but it only made him feel worse.

It looks like I have to train more. Aleen felt depressed in his mind.

When D’vina saw his expression, she smiled gently. “Don’t get dejected. Actually, things are not so bad as you think. Now that you caught a glimpse of the skill, it means that there is a great probability of you getting another opportunity to get it. You simply need to strengthen your body for then. Moreover, your understating of your first skill deepened for leaps and bounds after this experience, so it’s not as though you earned nothing.”

Aleen smiled sheepishly when he heard D’vina's words.

“To be honest, I’m very impressed with your talent for skills. Although you are just average when it comes to mana or the sword, your understating of skills is incredible. You perfected a derivate skill just a few days after acquiring your first skill, and that is something that many people never achieve on their entire lives.”

“Did you manage to do it, D’vina?” Aleen looked at D’vina curiously.

“I didn’t.” D’vina admitted easily. “However, it’s because I never tried to create one. My focus is on sword qi, and it’s the key of my path.”

“Path?” Aleen tilted his head hearing that unfamiliar term.

“It’s something you will understand when you try to breakthrough to level-six. For now, you are too weak to think about it.” D’vina smiled.

Aleen put on a wry smile and stopped asking.

Afterward, D’vina instructed Aleen on his training and told him to practice Sharp Blade more often, and maybe it could help him to acquire his new skill faster.

Aleen also asked her if he could teach Aya about the mana circulation method, and D’vina nodded easily. She told him that it was not something valuable anyway.

Of course, if one day Aleen learns the cost of this type of circulation method, he probably would faint of fright.

14