Chapter 159 – Two Small Curved Horns (4)
774 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Done?” Aleen asked when he saw Lilia open her eyes.

Lilia looked at him and smiled. “Mm. I got something nice from the laws.”

Aleen stared at her in a daze. For some reason, he could not help but think that she was incredibly beautiful.

However, he quickly shook his head and frowned. Something was wrong.

“… Lilia, stop doing that.”

“Huh?” Lilia was startled. But quickly, she smiled bitterly and shook her head. “Sorry, it was not my intention.”

“What do you mean?”

“… My race is a bit special. We are born with an inborn gift, a trait. Others found us incredibly attractive, and easily fall in love with us. However, those who know about the true nature of our race fear us.”

Lilia put on a complicated expression. It was as though she did not want to speak about something, but forced herself despite it.

“Our males are called Incubus, and our females Succubus. We are known as sexual demons. It’s because we have the ability to drain the energy of the people we sleep with. Some members of my race use this trait to become stronger by draining the lives of others. Hence, we are discriminated against when people learn about us.”

Aleen’s expression changed. Succubus and Incubus were common demons on earth's myths, and their reputation was not exactly the best.

Lilia noticed Aleen’s expression and smiled sadly. “Most members of our race do not use that method. Our ability to drain energy was something we needed to survive in our planet’s inhospitable environment. Our ancestors used it to share their energy with each other and guarantee their survival.

“Actually, that ability is pretty harmless for us. We can't drain a member of our race to death. But against other races, it’s completely different. They are unable to resist the incredible pleasure of intercourse, so we can drain them to death easily. Of course, if the victim is stronger than the succubus, then the succubus will be unable to harm him.”

Aleen heard Lilia’s explanation and wrinkled his brows. He was surprised that a race like that existed.

“Is it a skill?” Aleen asked.

“It’s not. As I told you, it’s a trait. Though some members of our race have turned that trait into a skill.”

Aleen nodded.

Traits are different than skills. They are an advantage that a person or race had over others.

Most traits are inborn, as the incredible physical strength of the Titans, the innate magical abilities of the elves, or the wings of the angels. But some people acquire different traits throughout their lives.

Most of the time, those traits are just a small advantage. The magical abilities of the elves, for example, just made them a bit more compatible with mana, but it did not give them an absolute advantage against other races.

However, some traits were truly incredible. Aleen read about a man that was born with a special pair of eyes, and through them, became one of the strongest level-six.

Of course, he was not sure if that story was true, but it was incredible nonetheless.

Aleen decided to keep his guard up around Lilia. He didn't want to end drained to death in a bed.

After Lilia finished explaining about her traits, the atmosphere around them turned a bit awkward. Aleen was pretty cool with it, though. After all, he had decided to keep a purely professional relationship with her.

The pair wandered around the plains for the rest of the day. Without a map of the surroundings, they could only rely on luck to find monsters to kill.

Meanwhile, Aleen asked Lilia to use her skill on him. He wanted to get used to the boost of her skill as soon as possible.

Soon, it was afternoon. The pair’s luck had been pretty bad, only finding a few level-one monsters and one level-two. Aleen wondered if the reason was that fewer monsters dared to attack them now that they were in a group.

But while they were walking, Aleen suddenly stopped.

“… What happened?” Lilia tilted her head.

Aleen frowned and looked towards the right.

“Someone is fighting there.”

Lilia put on a serious expression. “Are we going?”

“… Let’s observe from afar first.”

Lilia nodded.

Aleen and Lilia walked towards the sounds of battle. Soon, they could hear the battle more clearly.

But when they got closer to the fight, Aleen frowned.

“… That is the sound of weapons clashing.”

“So, it’s a fight between participants.”

Aleen nodded. It seemed as two people were fighting.

At that moment, the sounds of battle abruptly stopped.

“… Ugh!” Aleen heard a man groaning in pain. He signaled Lilia with his eyes and the pair advanced stealthily.

Soon, they reached a clearing. Aleen gestured Lilia to stop and observed the situation.

But when he saw the situation on the clearing, his face changed.

Three men were surrounding an injured man while holding swords on their hands. They were looking at the injured man with mocking expressions.

As for the injured man, he was staring at the three with an expression of hatred.

Aleen furrowed his brows. Lilia was curious when she saw it and walked beside him to observe the situation, but her expression turned pale at the next instant.

“… Malconi.”

Aleen looked at her in surprise. “Do you recognize them?”

“Just one of them.” Lilia said while pointing to one of the men. “He is Malconi, an Irregular.”

15