A beating heart (1)
458 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Jin woo Pov)

When I awakened together with my sister, I thought everything was going to be smooth once we graduated from school and let mom rest from work.

I awakened as an E-rank, and my sister as a D-rank. But mom... suddenly caught eternal slumber. We thought that she was just tired at work at first but she was having eternal slumber from us as a freelancer hunter.

I clenched my fist hard as I walk toward the gate's location. But it didn't go unnoticed by my sister. "What's wrong Jin woo? Don't worry. I'm going with you today. You won't get hurt."

You might be asking; "Why are you dongeoneering if your sister can cover the cost of your family?" Well you see, I don't want to be useless. Leeching of my twin, as she works hard for the family.

As we reach the gate's location, I hear a happy voice greeting us both. "Hello miss Sung, mister Sung." It was Lee Johee.

"Hello, miss Lee Ju hee!" My sister happily greeted back and added. "Forgive my brother for wasting your mana on healing him." "Hey!" I shout back. She has always been this way.

"I'm gonna try my best today." I mumble as I go through the gate. "What was that?!" My sister asked. Probably heard what I said.

<><><><><><><><><><>

(Ye Jin POV)

"Seriously! I don't understand why are you so insistant in being a hunter you have your sister!" "You don't have to be a hunter! I have told you somany times already! I can't always look after you!"

"Sorry." Jin woo sheepishly apologizes. Yes. While I might have said that I would be there for him, I wouldn't let him get his dosages of close death. I still need the story go to where I think would develop to.

Soon enough we reach the decission to push forward. Some were complaining on the way to the boss room since the way was too long. Heck Jin woo was being advanced by Johee on the way and Jin woo being a brick, didn't notice it and I had to stop them.

As we entered the room torches of blue light aflamecl to life as I was in awe of how big the room actually is. The manhwa ilustration didn't do it justice.

I walk towards the architect and saw Jin woo already there and we read out the stone tablet held by the architect. I saw him smile widely under the hood covering his face.

""Cartheon temple commandments; First worship the lord. Second, bow to the lord..."" "Hey, Jin-woo the larege statue is moving!" Johee points at the large statue as he turns slowly.

"Jin woo the eyeball moved it looked at us!" Johee siad again. "Huh? right... you must be mistaken..." He's probably thinking that something is wrong by now. I read out the last comandment.

"'...Third, PROVE YOUR FAITH.'" As I said that my eyes glowed gold as my body freezed in a standing possition as some of my total aura gushed out while I was in the trance. The last I hear was mister Song's voice.

"Those who don't follow the commandments... will never return alive."

<><><><><><><><><><>

(Jin woo Pov)

As my sister finnished stating the third commandment her eye's glowed with a golden hue as her body freezed and pressure burst foth out of her. "Si –?" As I was about to call her out, I was interupted.

*Bang* The door slammed shut as some shout out to mister Song, "What do we do now mister Song?" as a guy walked to the door saying, "Your'e all spouting nonsense. We shouldn't have gone here in the first place. The bosses treasure or whatever, take it for all I care."

Mister Song then shouted "Wait! Stop! Don't touch the doors handle!" but it was too late as sparks fly from friction as one of the knights guarding the door kill the hunter and return to it's previous possition.

"That thing moves?! The hell...! We have to fight those?!" Mister Park questions loudly. 'Wait... If that's really true then...' I turn backwards and face the statue. It's eye's glowed with an orange hue indicating it's about to fire something. "Everyone! Duck!" I shout as I look at my sister. She was still in that weird trance I have to get her out of that trance.

I jumped at her and that had seemed to awaken her as a giant beam of orange came out of the statues eye's and wiped those who didn't duck fast enough.

*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt*

15