The lizards (2)
239 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(Ye Jin Pov)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hwang Dong-Suck glanced at the construction site where the gate was spawned upon. "Is it because Gyeonggi isn't good lately? It seems the construction was postponed recently."

"The boss ran away with over 9,000,000,000 won just two weeks ago." Jin-Ho responded.

"The workers and funders are having a hard time." He said as he looked at me.

'Why is he even telling me such things?' I thought and sweat dropped at his actions.

"Does that bag heavy? Will you be fine carrying that?" Jin-ho asked to Jin-woo.

"Ah... Yes, I can carry it fine. Please stop bothering me." Jin-woo said clearly not wanting any part of this.

Jin-ho turned back at me and spoke. "Your swords look cool! Where did you get them from?"

"Dungeons, of course. Where else do you expect them to come from?" I ask back.

"Hehe. I clearly didn't think that through." He turns to Jin-woo and asked, "Are you normally this quite?"

"I think it is you who is talkative." He answered.

Jin-ho raised his index finger and placed on the side of his head as his armour glittered as if it is for this type of situation. "Really? I didn't think I would have bothered you that much."

I imagined Jin-ho sitting in a throne and say, "Being a hunter is my hobby." with a smile.

Tick marks appear on my and Jin-Woo's head as we look at him. "Well, you clearly did! (Conglomerate)"

Hwang Dong-Suk looked behind his shoulder and informed. "We're here."

We arrived at an ominous blue rift in space containing monsters waiting to be unleashed.

"Wow~ It's bigger than what I have inspected."

"This is pretty unusual for its rank."

"The entrance is pretty big. I wonder what monsters are inside."

Random hunters commented about the gate. It is true though.

The gate's diameter spanned for about four meters in length. Radiating ominous aura as sparks of lightning flew from it.

'It's giving of lightning... Interesting.' I thought why it did as such. Visual effects? Or is it related to the sky ruler to have spawned this gate?

'I wondered if it is as such, if so, why it is here in such event in the manhwa?' I thought as I step up closer to the gate.

"Are you sure this is a C-ranked gate? It's unnaturally big for its rank." Palmolive shampoo user asked Hwang Dong-Suk.

"Are you saying the association is not trustworthy? I have seen people come in and go out plenty of times in this dungeon." He replies. "No, no. Not at all." The long-haired hunter said.

"The gate looks big, but it should be fine right?" Jin-ho sweat dropped, questioning if the dungeon raid would be smooth.

"Is this your first-time dungeon raiding?" I ask the boy. Well, he isn't a boy to others, but for me who's actual age is twice or thrice is his?

"A gate's size isn't important," I say as I didn't hear him reply and added. "The important aspect in judging a gate is the magical energy or mana flowing within its confines."

"The association gives the dungeon's rank by this method of sizing up the mana quality and amount as the gate's size doesn't always relay its difficulty." I wiggle my index finger back and forth.

"A large guild takes above B-rank gates, while small ones take the C-ranks and below as they are not as dangerous as the high-ranking gates."

Spark!

Lightning crackles much more intense as I get closer to the gate. I turn my body in Jin-ho's direction, although not knowing by visual means but physical and spatial awareness given by the sense stat.

"Although that's the case it's my first time in a C-rank gate." Jin-woo said aloud as I reassured him.

"You GOT me right~?" I wink at him practically teasing him for the giggles.

His face heats up and he looks away trying to hide the blush in his face. "Ye-yeah..." He spoke.

"Are you sure you aren't siblings? Because from my point of view you aren't, but more like of a couple." He asked with a blank face. Deciding to make things worse, I made things worse.

"Yes! Of course, we're sibling. In fact, twins. Always together, even in bed." I smirk and turn to Jin-woo. His face pales and a few seconds later blush to tomato red as he remembered what has just transpired hours ago.

'I don't know how they are together in BED, but I have a rough idea. Weird, but not going to judge.' Jin-ho thought as he smiled through the stuff.

"I'm heading in first! Everyone, follow me!" Hwang Dong-Suk announced and walked closer to the gate. The rest followed.

Jin-ho raised his sword and shield as he shouted, "Yes!".

I look at him and Jin-Woo does the same as we in sync thought, 'Did you really have to do that?!'

'Normally E-rank and D-ranks like me don't earn so much so they can barely scrape weapons and barely consider shields… So why does he have such equipment…?' I thought.

"Let's go!" Jin-ho said energetically as I replied with, "Sure, but not side by side with you."

I pulled Jin-woo towards me, away from Jin-ho and I once, did not feel resistance from Jin-woo when I dragged him.

"Looks like this force makes a decent amount of income. Everyone is well equipped." Jin-woo spoke to me.

"Well, yeah. Especially since they're composed of our C-ranks and four D-ranks. And they dive in C-rank gates." I reply.

We step in the gate and find ourselves in a cave type dungeon with no natural lightning.

"It's too dark… Gyu-Han, create some lights." Hwang Dong-Suk said. "Ok" Long, dark, smooth haired hunter, or Gyu-Han created a ball of fire on top of his hand.

"What is this?"

"Why are there no monsters?"

"Weird. No lights as well."

"It's normal for dungeons to have a few luminous stones."

The only light source showed us three tunnels. One from above, one just below it, and the last one left next to the former.

"Wait, those tunnels look like they were digged out. There are no natural sources of lights… Insects." I announce the monster type to the team.

Critter!

I heard clacking from above and looked at Jin-woo he seemed to sense it but not hear it.

"Above!" We shouted as ants poured out of the tunnel in the ceiling of the cave. The team was instantly alerted and proceeded with preparation.

Shing!

As I sliced one, another came. The same thing repeated as the swarms of ant's were gradually shaved off with me as the main offence. I sprinted with burst speed and sliced off a larger insect than the rest.

As the fight ended, I heard several announcements from the system.

<<You have levelled up!>>

<<You have levelled up!>>

<<You have gained the skill {burst speed} as result of the actions earlier>>

I muttered under my breath,

"Disuplay, statusu." 'Ugh, I'm dying of cringe. I shouldn't have done that.' I revolted from my actions.

<<Status

Name: Sung Ye Jin]> Level: 28]> Job: None]> Title: Wolf slayer]> HP: 670]> MP: 1,368, 380]>

|__________________________________________________________________________

•            Strength: 73 | Speed: 88 | Sense: 66 | Vitality: 70 | Intelligence: 136,838

•            Points]> remaining: 0

•            Skill: Godspeed]> Sword proficiency]> Calling of thunder and lightning]> Burst speed

•            Weapons]> equipped:

Rubrum]> state]> locked: + 430 (attack)

Caeruleum]> state]> locked: + 430 (speed)

State]> unlocked:

Tenebris (Rubrum): + (???) attack

Aurea (Caeruleum): + (???) speed

•            Buff]>

Kusandria's blessing:

Type]> Blessing:

Effect: You are given the blessing of immunity to all poison, and longevity.

>>

'Noice. From the name of the skill, I could guess what it does.' I voiced out in my head.

"Are we heading back out after we just cleared the entrance? This could take a while so don't exert your energy and control it for preventing early exhaustion." Hwang Dong-Suk ordered out.

"Yes!" the team answered. "Take all the magic crystals, we're splitting them among nine!"

"This is my favourite part." The orange afro said while slicing up a corpse. "Mine too." Another one beside him answered.

"You saved us. How did you know the monsters will come from the above?" Hwang Don-Suk asked me.

"Sense. My sense was high and sharpened. Thus, I felt them coming from above." I answered.

"It's great that everything was taken cared of cleanly. Thank you. But it would be good if you didn't pay attention on small details too much" he said turning his head towards me. "Huh?"

"Dong-Suk! Come look at this." The long-haired hunter shouted for him to come.

It was a pile of insect corpses. "Look at them. Their wound is strangely natural and look like it was bitten by other insects. It looks like we didn't inflict it."

"Infighting? But the insects are together. It looks like it was from another species…" Hwang Dong-Suk said.

"Right? It doesn't look like a burn from magic either. It has uncanny resemblance to wounds that were bitten off, and there's not one or two of these."

"So, it was like fighting before us. That just confirms our suspicion. Were the monsters really having territorial feuds?"

"That means there is a monster among these guys. A boss or…" he continued and cut off suddenly and grinned.

'This… This smells like money.' They thought and started giving off aura that couldn't be trusted.

My eyes glowed. "Jin-ho." I turn back towards him. "That sword and shield should be expensive right?"

"Yes? Oh, my father took extra care after hearing that I'll go for my first dungeon raid." He replied. "I'm not sure but, be wary."

I look back at their smiling faces. 'What is this… bad feeling…'

6