The lizards (3)
199 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Previously...

I turn back to see their face contort into a smile while radiating an aura of malice.

'What is this... bad feeling?'

<><><><><><><><><><>

An unsuprising but not expected warning panged in me. "Beware of lizards..."

I mutter my words and made sure they didn't hear it.

"Do you feel it too?" Jin-woo asks me about the warning that contiously beats in our minds as we continue eating.

Tap. Tap.

Footsteps tapped on the cold cave floor. "This is grave... It has been quite a while since we encountered monsters." Hwang Dong-Suk said.

"Yeah, we've only encountered corpses of monsters already dead. There should be a boss right?" I ask, trying to blend in with the story they built up to avoid getting stabbed in the back to early.

"If there's no boss the gate shouldn't be open." One comments.

"Wait." I stop my tracks and ask, "Could someone iluminate that area?" I pointed to our left.

"Sure." The long haired guy aimed the fire ball in his hand at the direction pointed and gasped.

"My god..."

"What...?"

The hunters sweatdropped at the sight of multiple monsters killed and restrained, looking drained of their life literally. Their mouthes open in motion of wailing, except that they produced no sounds.

(A/n: If I remember correctly, some spiders venom when injected into the prey's body, will melt their insides and turn it into smoothies for the spider to consume.)

Silver silk spanned the tunnel, covering it completely with some corpses of insectoids littering it.

I looked forward only to see a dark abyss awaiting for light to reach it. "This is the boss room. Get ready to fight!" Hwang Dong-Suk announced.

We continue exploring the dungeon and shortly come across a cavern covered with silk that contained the boss.

"Huh?!" One of the hunters shout out in suprise. I look to the direction of the hunter was gazing at and found a jackpot amount of crystals.

An amount which was larger than what was shown in the manwha. 'Did my presence affect things of small details too?' I ask myself unure if this was a byproduct of my appearance in the story.

"T-this! This is amazing!"

"Jackpot!"

"Mana crystals!"

"How many are there?!"

The hunters exclaime in suprise and joy of their find.

"Mana crystals are worth less because of their mana amount are smaller than one dropped by monsters but, with this much, it should be more than enough to surpass the value of multiple high-class mana crystals dropped by monsters." The long haired mage said.

"Just looking at them, their worth would surpass a few billion with the amount." He added. "Hot damn! The ones in the manwha were worth only above 10,000,000!" I shouted/mutter low enough that noone would hear my words.

"Did you say something?" Jin-woo turned too me and asked. "No. I didn't. (God damn you with your absurd sense stat)." I reply

"If it's this much, I think even your younger brother would be jealous." A hunter with short dark hair said. "Hey! In this situation you shouldn't talk lightly about his brother."

I look at Hwang Dong-Suk and thought, 'He should be having his monolouge about him and his brother.

"What a haul, even dividing this it would still be at 100,000,000 won each, right?" Another random hunter commented.

"Let me look at your contract. I think the diviving is a bit wrong." Jin-ho looked at me and demanded the contract paper. "I like to check things like these thoroughly."

"Hey! What are you doing? You said nothing about this Jin-ho." My question was unheard as he turned towards the greedy bastards and asked.

"Sirs, I'd like to ask something quickly. Leader Hwang Dong-Suk. This is Jin-woo's contract. As you can see, there is nothing about dividing mana crystals from monsters." The lizards started emenating a dark aura.

"What's going on here? Isn't it correct to divide it by 10, not 9?" 'Jin-ho. I think you better stop there rather than chase early plot death and be one of the reasons for Jin-woo's growth, well you are but you aren't dead so you better stay alive.' I thought in my mind.

Hwang Dong-Suk steps up and says, "Of course were splitting it evenly. I know that well." with a radiant smile opposite of what's inside. 'I can't believe you when especialy, I know what this is developing into.

"But there is soemthing we have to take care of before that"

*Scritter*

"!?" We jump alertered by the boss above us moved as its eye took a red hue, unsuspectingly closer to us than we thought.

"You should know all too well that when bosses die; the dungeon gate closes. Because of that we must mine the crystals, then slay the boss." He added, "Thankfully, it seems to be alseep and had it's fill of monsters inside the dungeon."

Something turned dark. This all feel fake...

"And this seems to be the perfect time to mine the crystals 'quitely' as to not bother the boss and wake it up chasing after us while mining. Cheul-Bin, you have the equipment right." He turns to his right to ask his friend.

'Somethings wrong if I remember correctly...' I thiught squinshing my eyes.

"Sorry but who would expect this much mana crystals in a mid-class dungeon?" Trash-Bin answered. 'Yeah as if it isn't with Jin-woo's! I was right, it was this part...'

"I left it all on the car." He added. "Idiot! you should always bring them incase stuff like this happens. I told you to break that bad habbit of yours!" Hwang Dong-Suk said. "... (really?)" I thought as I looked at them with dumbfounded expression befitting for witnessing dumb things.

(A/n: I swear! Hwang Dong-Suk's name is an intentional work by sololevelings author.)

"Phew this is troublesome."He said with fake exasperation, "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, ..." as his friend said with false act. "I apologise but could you gaurd this place?" He turned towards us.

His words gained a scared and startled expression from Jin-ho, while Jin-woo was keeping his calm facade. 'Trying to act mature huh? Brother~' I thought.

"(Time for plot interferance!) Now, that is where I have to ask you. What is it there to guard? Plus the equipment is with my brother right?" I ask smilling. Knowing that the questions will foil their plans about trapping us in.

His face turned dark for a momment before he mumbled, "I guess we to do it this way." as he turned to his back and shouted. "Boys! Plan A failed retreat back and collapse the entrance!"

They retreated hastily towards the entrance and blasted it. *boom* I slashed two guys who were the slowest, *Ahng~* but didn't reach the others as I didn't activate godspeed fast enough. Sure godspeed may enhance my speed and strength along with other statistics but if don't activate it fast enough, you realy can't do the thing in time.

"Oh, come on! Dammit! Lizards! Just how fucking slippery are lizards! I literally planned this since I noticed! Well I guess I have to decide other factors." I cursed as I turned towards the boss of the dungeon wich went down it's nest, spiderman style. "Get behind me! I'll figure something out!" Jin-ho shouted at us both.

I ignore him as I stepped forward and said to JIn-woo, "This is mine~ It's practically fresh experience so don't interfere." "Hell no! This is mine!" He refuted back.

I turn towards him and say, "Growing up are we, having the nerve to talk back against onee-san~. I'll beat you in the body later. We have something to kill..." I turn back towards the boss as it's eyes burned with a crimson glow.

6