End of third Arc: The lizards
181 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ye Jin POV

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I stood up and redraw Rubrum from Hwang's chest and sheathe it elegantly, trying to look badass.

Jin-woo raised his arm and inspected the blood on his tracksuit, wondering if he should buy new clothes.

"Eughhhhhhh..." (A/n: Vomiting.)

I look back to find Jin-ho with his hands on the floor vomiting the contents of his breakfast. He turns back towards us with dead eyes and body shivering from the sight of the bloody corpses.

Quake!

The cavern rumbled and pieces of rocks fell down, alerting us. It signaled the gate was starting to collapsing since the boss was dead.

"Now that the dungeon boss was defeated, the gate is closing~. We need to leave quickly." I said smiling.

<< 'Emergency request': Kill the enemies, completion requirment have all been met.>>

<<Will you recieve the awards? Y/N>>

<< Y >>

<[1st: Status recovery]>

<[2nd: Experience points 10+]>

<[3rd: Skill {bloodlust} ]>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[Washington, USA]

On a high-rise building...

Shuffle.

A man with a buff body woke up and sat on the bed. "A great morning. What time is it in Korea?" He asked himself as tears fell down his eyes. "Huh...? Did I have a bad dream?"

He grasped his head trying to remember what happened. "My eyes are wet."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Meanwhile... (timeskip)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A man with black hair in a office suit walked towards a certain orange haired association hunter.

"Chief Yoo Jin-Chul." His name was called out and he turned away from his task. "What is it?"

"A moment..." He presnted the papers he was holding and said, "In this dungeon, 8 people were killed in action." He paused before continuing. "The survivors were an E- and two D-ranks."

Yoo Jin-chul took the papers and checked them. "It looks like they ran away. It's a common occurence, is it not?" He said flipping through the pages.

"No, the thing is... they didn't run and actualy cleared the gate." His statements earned a raised eyebrow from Yoo Jin-chul.

"The D-rank, Yoo Jin-ho's eqiupment was of high grade so it was possible that the boss was defeated by him. Altough that is also unlikely since the boss killed 3 C-ranks and 5 D-ranks. Eqiupment cannot carry a D-rank that far."

"Altough, there is some thing that I think might be the cause of as to how they killed the boss. No, I'm certain." He paused. Yoo Jin-Chul nodded to him; signaling to continue.

"Remember the hunter Sung Ye Jin?" He asked. "Is it...?" Yoo Jin-Chul asked back and the man nodded. "She, along with her brother were the other D-rank and E-rank."

"At the time we tested her mana amount, the device showed an error and broke down. I speculated that the amount of mana she had, fried the device, rendering it unable to calculate and show results. Making her a potential S-rank. But she never went to get a proper re-evaluation at the Hunters Association Headquarters."

"And we happen to be not able to let this case go because one of the dead victims happened to be the hunter 'Hwang Dong-Suk'."

"Hwang Dong-Suk... are you perhaps talking about the older brother of hunter Hwang Dong-Su?" He asked in confirmation and the man only nodded. He placed his hand on his mouth, covering it, and said; "In that case... I can't ignore this..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[Appartment building/room 204] Narrators POV

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Why chicken wings? Did something good happen?" Jin-ah asked, licking her finger that were covered with crumbs.

"Well... It's your favorite. As for the second question. Hmm, well something did happen that you could consider good. (I was doing a favor to the world and got rid of backstabbing, slippery, ugly looking lizards that didn't deserve to live)"  Ye Jin said/thought.

"Wow! What happened? Anyways, not comlaining. We're bestfriends after all!" Jin-ah exclaimed. "We're sisters, we should share what we have. Cheers!" Ye Jin and Jin-ah clinked their cans of apple juice.

Poor Jin-woo got up and left the living room and headed towards His and Ye Jin's shared room. The girls snickered at his actions. '...Was this planned by them?' Jin-Woo thought.

"Aren't you eating your share? If you won't, I'll eat yours!" He continued walking and said; "Feel free to gain weight."

"It's hard to adjust to him after he started training. Glad you stayed the same, big sis." Jin-Ah said. "Exercise chages people in more than one way. Wether physical or mental. Excercise could do anything. Like a certain bald man..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

He entered the room, closed the door, and stood behind it. He took out a pouch that contained blue venom.

<< Rashaka's venom:

A pouch that contains Rashaka's purified venom. Obtainable by defeating swamp boss: Rashaka. Unlikely drop rate. Drinking it will give you hard skin but degrade your strength.

Buff: Rashaka's steel scales]> Reduces physical damages recieved by 20%

Debuff: Weakened muscles]> -35 attack >>

"If the status effects are automatically healed, would'nt this items debuffs will be removed also?" He talked to himself and drank the venom like water. "There's no reason to think."

<< A harmful substance has been detected in your body, ... 3, 2, 1 cleansing the venom has been completed. >>

<< Item: Rashaka's venom]> Weakened muscles]> is fading. >>

________________________________________________________________________________________________<>

Strength: 53 | Agility: 53 | Sense: 36 | Vitality: 30 | Intelligence: 30

Physical damage reduction 20%: Active

________________________________________________________________________________________________<>

"As I thought." He said to himself but was quickly interupted on his experiments by Jin-Ah. "Do you know someone called Jin-Ho?" Her head peeked through the door in a cute manner. "Sister said he wanted a meeting and called both of you to a café. Sis already went ahead."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[Café Pene] .....

8