CHAPTER 2: The Paths
94 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Son! Wake up. " The smooth voice resounded in the place which looks like a dessert but it's completely not because people could see the fresh of Titans or many other things. White soils covered the place and the paths manifest as the trails of the light. It's a very beautiful place and at the same time, this place looks very lonely. 

" Mom. " Izanami shouted as the tears leak from his eyes and he hugs his mom tightly when he sees the figure of his mom.

" Momm... I.... " Izanami tries to form the words but he could not do it at all and the tears leak from his eyes as he hugs his mom tightly.

" Whaaa... " He cries continually while hugging his mom tightly like a kid.

" Stop being a cry baby, my dear son... " Mira patted the head of his son as her hand brushes smoothly the back of Izanami. 

He could feel the warmth that emits by his mother and her smooth tone that makes him very calm down. But the tears fall from his eyes continually, the more Mira said the words. Izanami just could not control his emotion. 

" My big baby. Stop crying. " Mira said with a smooth tone but people could see desperation and sadness from her tone but she controls herself to show her calm side. She doesn't want to show the sadness on her face for the last time that they are going to meet. After this, she can never see her son again. So for the last time, she wants to show her calm side to her son. 

" Mom...I am so sorry..I... " Izanami said with despair and his eyes are red because he has been crying for a long time and his voice becomes dry. 

" No. This is not your fault. This is not your fault. "Mira said with a smoothing tone like a lullaby and she brushes the tears off her son. Her face lits up like a sun and her warmth could heat the entire solar system. 

" .. B..but..how am I going to live this world.. Mom " Izanami looks at the face of her mom and his mom's face has a beautiful smile. There is no anxiety or sadness in her eyes, or that's what he sees. 

" Of course, you will live normally. Find a beautiful girl and marry her, then build a family. Promise me that you will do that. " Mira pulls up her son and both of them stand up on the white soils. Mira knows that this is her own wishful thinking. 

" I promise, mom. " Izanami said with a smile and the tears break out from his eyes again but he grits his teeth and tries not to cry. 

" Good. My baby boy. I'm really proud of you. " Mira pats her son's head as she smiles very brightly. 

"  Walk with me, my son. I have something to tell you. This might be very burdensome for you. This world is very harsh...  " For the first time in his life, Izanami sees her mother breaking out tears. She didn't cry when her husband is dead and she is an extremely strong woman.

" I'm very sorry, my son. Your future will be dark and you will probably never see the light. Only promise me on the thing, you will live the last days of your life very happily. " Mira broke out the tears and she hugged her son tightly. She tried holding het feeling but she could not do it because she is going to curse her own son.

" Ok, mom. I promise you. " Izanami promised her mom as both of them cry again. They hug each other very tightly as time goes on.

" Son, this place is called the paths. Every of Ymir people is connected here. The Titans that you see are the people of Ymir that forced to transform the Titan. They are humans like us and the same ' People of Ymir ' .  " Mira explains her son straightforward and they slowly walk on the white soils.

" The titans are human. " That word makes the wave of shock to Izanami and he stops walking but his mom holds his hand tightly and pulls him.

"  Yes. Only People Of Ymir can transform into the titans and it might be a curse. Let's talk about our family. Son, listen carefully. " Both of them stop walking and Mira looks at her son seriously. 

" We are not the people of Ymir but we possess the power of Ymir. No one doesn't know why we gained the power. Everyone who knows about us were died and you are the last member of Guardsman Clan so you will naturally get the power of the Titan. You will become the Titan " Mira explained to her son and she gives him time to digest the information that given by her. 

" I am going to become Titan...." Izanami is shocked again but he controls his feelings and he looks at her mother seriously.

" In the past, there was only one Titan which is known as ' The Founding Titan ' . Eventually, it splited into Nine Titans. Our titan is not included in the ' Nine Titans ' . We didn't gain the titan by using the normal method. Normally, the firstborn inherits the power after the successor died. We can change into the Titan as we wish. There are absolute differences between Pure Titans and Nine Titans. ' Nine Titans ' holders can change into the titans whatever they want and pure titans can not do that. " Mira said as both of them walk on the white soils. She could not her son that they need to eat successor to gain the Ninr Titans. She could not do it after all he will be her baby forever.

" Then, why didn't you change into the titans and save everyone. " Izanami shouted at his mom and his mom only smiled at him.

" Mom can not change into the Titan because mom is not the firstborn child. Only firstborn child can use the Titan ability. " Mira said with tears. Of course, she would change into the Titan to save her children but she could not. 

Mira talked about her outside world and everything she knows. About the Paradis Island and about the walls. The King used the founding Titan's power to erase the memory of Paradis's people but that didn't have any affect on them because they are not ' Eldian ' . Mira explains to her about the power of Nine Titans and the power of ' Guardsman's Titan '.

" Son, take care of yourself. Don't resent to anyone. Live without regret. Build a family. Mom is sorry for everything and will be watching you from the above. " Mira said to her son as her time is closed and she is extremely to the god that she got a chance to speak with her son for the last time. 

But she could not tell that her son only have 13 years to live. She gained the titan when she was 22 years old and she was 31 years old when she was died. Normally, there must be 13 years between siblings and she gained Emily accidentally. Now, her son got the titan when he is only 10 years old. She feels sadness and desperation from the bottom of her heart.

" Yes, Mother. I will.. " Izanami grits his teeth and swallowed his tears and tries not to cry. Mira's body turns into the light slowly from the lower body and she has a smile on her face the entire time.

" Mom... " Izanami's tears leak from his eyes the moment when he sees the figures of his mom disappeared.

When he is crying in the paths, there is a change in his soul. Some memories from somewhere starts to load in his brain and that memories are also scary in its own way.

2