CHAPTER 29
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 29

After confronting the infamous Jogudra Mafia, we continued the rest of the day normally. I went to the Dragon Sage Library to work on my thesis, with the help of Yehanna and Odette until sunset. After work, Yehanna would be our driver, escorting Odette back to the Southern Shrine. Then, we go home to the Lancelot Manor.

We had dinner with the cheerful little brother Yifus at their long and empty dining table. Sebastian was the one who cooked the food, so it was guaranteed high-class.

After dinner, I holed up in my comfortable room, typing on my wireless keyboard while I swipe on my tablet. For the past weeks, I’ve been living in one of the Lancelot Manor’s guest rooms, which is comparable to normal hotels.

My room is so wide that it has six beds in it, and I only use two: one for sleeping, and one for my stuff such as gadgets, papers, and books. I have my restroom and shower room, which is a huge plus. I could live better in here than in my mom’s basement.

I was typing out the outline of my plans when I heard knocks on my door.

“Come in. It’s not locked.”

The door creaked open, and I saw a tall dark-blue-haired sexy girl on her purple nightgown. I smelled the peppermint toothbrush she used even if I’m a few meters away from her. She’s all prepared to go to her bed and sleep.

“You seem to be lost in your own house. This is not your bedroom.” I said, trying to mess with her while I continued typing on my keyboard.

“I still own this place. I could kick you out right now if I willed it~” Yehanna smiled.

“Ah! I’m sorry, your highness. Please, help yourself.” I immediately submitted.

Yehanna sat on my bed with the full force and heaviness of her butt that made my mattress wiggle and do a weird noise. Her curious eyes scanned around, from the ceilings to the things on the other bed, and my stuff at the table.

“This is the first time I’ve entered this room since you occupied it. You’re quite a minimalist, huh?” Yehanna said.

“I made it that way so that it’s easier to clean,” I said while still typing on my keyboard.

“Oh? I never thought that you’re a guy who’d clean his mess.” Yehanna smirked.

I just ignored her. I’m busy, so I just kept on typing.

Yehanna knew that I was ignoring her, so she went close to me and pushed her face near my tablet screen. She was so near that I can smell her flowery shampoo. I felt the coldness of her long hair in my shoulder and arm.

There’s another scent from her that I couldn’t explain, and it’s coming from her exposed neck. My manly senses are starting to tingle, and my face is getting red.

“Wow, so you’re already planning for the assault. Are you listing all the actions we should take based on your Timeline Prediction?” Yehanna asked in a lively manner as she looked into my eyes.

“Y-Yes.” I stuttered because of this weird aroma around her. “There are five timelines that give us the best course of action, and it guarantees us an 87% chance of winning.”

“You thought this well, didn’t you? You used my power, your public relationship and connection, Deva’s reputation as an ally of justice, and your authority of the Dragon Sage. You merged them to gain Marina Jogudra’s support. You already had a checkmate plan from the start.”

“You know it,” I smirked.

Yehanna went back on my bed and laid flat in it in a carefree manner. She stared at the ceiling while muttering some words.

“And here I thought I will just need some assistance from you over this revenge assassination thing. I thought I held you as a hostage and forced you to do unspeakable things for my selfish reasons. I never would have thought that you’ll take the lead and put your back in it.”

“Welp, it’s part of our contract,” I muttered. “You promised that you’ll save me after all, so I’m doing my best to tie the loose end on my side. Heck, you even put food on my plate and a roof over my head. You deserve the extra mile for those good things you gave me. I would kiss your feet if you commanded me to.”

It was then I realized that I was staring at her legs and feet while I released those words. I immediately turned away and focused on my typing. I hope she didn’t notice that my eyes are feasting on her.

“Oh? Really?” Yehanna immediately raised her body and rested her chin on my shoulder. Crap, she noticed!

“I-It’s a figure of speech!” I cried. Thankfully, my fast thinking immediately thought of another topic to swerve her teasing mode away. “Anyway, why is Dragon Sage Claire Magnus a target?”

“She’s one of the Dragon Sages who raided the Apsara Industries four years ago. With her five dragons, she burnt all my grandfather’s employees even though they are unarmed and offered no resistance. She even killed those people who tried to run away. Women, children, handicapped; she doesn’t care who she should kill. She’s a cruel sadist who feeds her happiness with others’ despair.”

“I’ve read that one from old news articles too,” I said. “She does that to every quest she receives, and most people are scared of her.”

“She’s a five-star Dragon Sage and a two-star Military General. She commands a substantial part of the army. This will be tough.” Yehanna’s peppermint breath enters my nose and mouth every time she talks. We’re breathing the same air now.

“We don’t need to beat the army. We just need to kill her and her five dragons. After completing the objective, we get out as soon as we can. Oh, leave the target in Marina’s hands. Her grudge won’t be satisfied if Deva kills the main target.”

“Okay, master!” Yehanna laughed. Then her arm wrapped around my neck and loosely hugged me from behind.

“By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you about those two target profiles in the War Factory Board that have question marks on their pictures. One has a name of ‘Null’, and the other one, which is at the top of the target list, has a name of question marks. Who are those?”

“Those are the highest priority targets of my revenge.” Yehanna’s tone became serious. I would like to glance at her but I’m afraid I might accidentally kiss her. She’s too close after all.

“Highest priority? So they are-“

“They are the ones responsible for making my loved ones suffer. The target named ‘Null’ is a masked Dragon Sage who stole my brother’s eyes and lower spine. He goes by that nickname, so nobody knows his real identity. But I somehow had a glimpse of him back when she assaulted this manor.”

“And that one with the question mark profile is the one responsible for executing your grandfather?”

“Yes.” Yehanna slightly bowed. “During the raid in this manor four years ago, somebody knew the secret passageway that my grandfather used to take. That person hunted my grandfather down and stabbed his very heart. It was already too late when I saw my grandfather’s corpse. I have no idea who executed him, nor any clues that would lead me to someone. That’s the reason why that target profile is a pure question mark.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll find the killer.” I held her soft hand and smiled. “Once I develop my Timeline Prediction to analyze the present and identify the past, we can solve this case together.”

“I’ll be counting on your wisdom then, oh Lord Uly.” Yehanna gently embraced me.

“D-Don’t put your hopes up for me though.” I scratched my blushing cheek. “Timeline Prediction is still on its preliminary phase, and I’ll be ultimately testing it for our next operation. I’ll see if it’s accurate or not. If my Timeline Prediction is accurate, then we will succeed in killing Claire Magnus. And… that will also mean that I will die in six months.”

“Think positive, Uly. I promised you before, didn’t I? I will protect you from death itself.” Yehanna rubbed her warm cheek on mine.

“Hanna.” I patted her head and had this tiny moment of stroking her silky-smooth hair. “I-“

“Oh, look at the time!” Yehanna immediately released me from her embrace when she saw my tablet’s clock. “It’s almost midnight already! We should sleep!”

“Eh?”

Yehanna stood up and immediately reached the door. She waved her hand at me with a gentle smile on her face. “Good night, Uly! Don’t stay up too late!”

“Y-Yeah. Goodnight.”

When the door closed, I was left alone with my loneliness.

And blue balls.

1