Chapter5- reaching the settlement
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon after logging inside the game, some players took off from the group to inspect the surroundings. Some just hoped to find wild beasts that they could kill to fill their experience points and level up. Whether these new unarmed players could kill the beasts or the other way around remained a question.

At this point, some players were standing out from the others. They did not wander around but on the contrary, remained still.

Genta was among them. He quickly browsed through the player's forum. There were already some players that had established their page where they were sharing the video feed of their new adventure. It was one of the functions in the galaxy, players could share their experiences on the forum for free, others could even charge fees if the information is useful enough.

"I was almost killed by a beast as soon as the game started" someone posted with a video where he was ambushed by a huge snake.

" at least you are in an interesting location, there is nothing around me. I am in the middle of the desert" another player posted adding a picture with an expense of sand as far as the eyes could see.

" I pity the one above, you are surely going to die from thirst. I am luckier than you, I was teleported next to a city" someone else posted.

" I hate the one above"

" I hate him, +1"

"+ 2"

"...+100" posted another jealous player.

"Sadly there was no option to change gender" a player posted causing a new round of criticism.

Genta quickly browsed through these posts, getting familiar with the interface, he entered a name in the search window and found a channel under the name of "Moon priestess" it was the name of a professional player that participated during the beta test.

Genta had learned many things while following her in real life.

Genta quickly found what he was looking for a general map of Planet Hidden, that he downloaded for free.

All the biggest settlements on the planet were marked on it. But it was not sufficient to find a direction, after all, he still needed to know his actual location. He did not even know on which continent he was, the Sinnoh continent, the Johto continent, or the Tunis continent also Known as the dead land.

" at least, the Tunis continent can be ruled out" Genta concluded after seeing the lush vegetation different from the wasteland on the description.

At that time, there was suddenly a cry of a surprise coming from afar. A wandering player had seen the fences of a settlement from afar.

The remaining players started to run in the direction of the settlement. The funny thing was that the settlement was farther than they expected. At first, the player who invested most of their point in their strength and dexterity were the ones in the front.

But soon they started to feel tired and were quickly outmatched by the one with better endurance.

It was one of the things that Genta had learned from the beta players, every stat was important to the galaxy at loss during the initial level. Having a stats inferior to five points at this point was similar to crippling himself.

Soon, only five people were keeping up with Genta.

They were already close to the settlement and could already see the Npc looking at them. Some were observing them from behind the wooden fences that were at least two meters tall.

The players recognized the guards, with their tensed expression, their bow, and arrows pointing at them, and their Swords unsheathed.

They were surely nervous to see such a group of people appearing out of nowhere.

There was a group of dozen people blocking the gate of the village. Among them, was Barrion the village Chief, he was vigilant while looking at these newcomers.

As soon as they stopped in front of the group of guards, Genta received a notification.

***

You activated a rank F mission

[Explanation]

- explain the origins of your group without revealing anything about the game, 

-convince The Settlers to let you enter their place.

-rewards

800 exp

- ???.

***

Genta looked at the other four players and from their expressions, he guessed that they had received the same quest.

" Who are you people and why are you coming to our settlement?" Barrion asked.

" We are adventurers. We come from a faraway place and we are willing to offer our services to you" one of the players answered quickly, eager to receive his first reward from the game.

Barrion looked at the man dubiously before looking at his attire. The novice clothes were not the prettiest ones and he did not have any weapons.

" Are you adventurers?" Barrion asked.

While the others were eager to nod, Genta recognized that gaze. It was the one sent at you during a job interview when the interview doubted your ability.

Barrion was not at fault after all the players were still too weak at this point.

" Sorry, for all the dumb things that my brother said as he is suffering from hunger. We recently left our settlement after a tragedy happened and after walking for so long we finally found this place. We are hungry and tired but do not worry, we are all hard-working people and we can do any job cheaply"  Genta patiently explained.

" what was the name of your settlement?" Barrion asked while studying the player's expression.

" it was Earth village," Genta said.

Barrion did not find a trace of a lie in his answer and looking at the other players they were not reacting as if, Genta was lying.

Barrion did not know this Earth village but he knew that tragedies were happening all the time on the planet, some caused by the wars others by the might of nature itself. Thinking about this he sighed. Perhaps with more hands, he could prepare his settlement better for the future.

"   how many you are?"  Barrion asked.

" almost a thousand" a player who had remained silent until now answered, from behind the slowest players were already visible.

In the end, after some consideration, Barrion accepted the player in his settlement and Genta received a notification.

***

[ Explanation] mission completed.

You obtained:

800  exp

- ability: [ green leader]

+ 3 to all stats

Description: You are a worthy representative among the noobs.

****

Name: Scar

Race: Human/Carbon-based (yellow)

Level: 1

Experience: 800

Main Class: N/A

Sub-Class: Civilian Lv.1 ( 0/50)

Attributes: Strenght 8(3), Dexterity 8(3), Endurance 8 (3), Intelligence 8 (3), Mystery 8 (3), Charm 6 (3), Luck 5 (3)

Unassigned Stats: 0

Energy 0 (Lv.0)

Energy Rank: 1-2

Grade: F ( Mortal)

You are just strong enough to steal a lollipop from a child."

Health points: 80/80

Stamina: 104/104

Abilities:

- basic leadership

Skills: None

Talent points: 0

Class Talents: None

Influence: 0

Reputation: 0

Equipment: None

1