Chapter6- collective illness
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Genta was considering what to do with his newly gained experience points. 800 points were enough to level up his civilian class at least to level 5.

Sadly, for the player in Galaxy, there was a level cap, with level 40 being the highest level achievable during Galaxy version 1. Knowing this, he could not brashly invest in the civilian class.

It was also important to know that in a galaxy you could only have one main class, it was either in the mage, mechanic, pugilist, psychic branch threes. 

You could also have a secondary class, and the higher level was your class, the more benefits, you will obtain while leveling it. The civilian class only gave, a little number of stat points from every leveling.

For this reason, Genta was considering getting a main class, but also a new secondary class.

He was still thinking about these things while following Barrion and the guards In the settlement when he was suddenly approached by another player.

He was one of the players that arrived along with Genta. By his way of acting, he seemed to Genta like a professional player.

" Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you, I am GUY from the Manyola guild," the man said with a bright and professional smile, confirming Genta Guesses. He had a middle build and looked in his twenties, but it was hard to say whether it was his real age as anyone could customize his appearance somehow while creating an avatar in Galaxy.

" I guess you can call me Scar" Genta answered not so familiar with the act of talking with a stranger.

The two shook hands, and Genta was suddenly able to see the man's Health and stamina barre. As they were early in the game, their stat distribution was almost the same with strength, endurance, dexterity, and Intelligence being equally matched.

strength determined your physical power and the damage done by your strikes.

Dexterity determined your attack speed, your evasion skill, and the movement's speed.

Intelligence determined the power the aptitude to learn new things but for players, it mainly helped to increase their energy level and the level of long-distance superpowers.

The luck stat intervened during judgment, drop rate, and lottery.

The endurance stat determined your health and stamina with at least 10 health points and 12 stamina points gained for every endurance point.

Health point self-evidently showed your health status and reduced every time you took a strike.

As to stamina, stamina points were consumed for everything you did, like walking, running, or fighting. When your endurance points were consumed you started to use your health point instead until you died of exhaustion.

****

As Genta was being shown, Guy's or rather Guy#98's information did not feel the need to hide his own.

Guy acquiesced after seeing Genta's information.

" Behind me are Rocko..." Guy said while gesturing toward A man with a punk hairstyle.

"... And Kanzaki" a glass-eyed man nodded from behind him. All of them were among the first players to arrive. The last one among the five was a dark-eyed fellow with long black hair who remained silently behind with a " don't bother me attitude".

" just like me they are all professional players but they are not affiliated to any guild.

We thought that it will be a good idea to team together. In this way, we will accomplish the mission more easily and amass enough capital to move toward the main city.

After all we professional players need to create a head start if we want to make a profit from the game" the man quickly explained.

Genta was not a professional player but he nodded in understanding.  Professional players invested a lot in the game. He had invested a lot himself to gain some information and would not be done so if not for the reward money he got...

" First we need to find and Npc able to give us quest with a good reward...

We also need to find an Instructor to gain new skills depending on the classes that we will choose in the future...

I propose that we go separately and we will meet again at the entrance of the settlement in two hours"

Once their plan was decided everyone took their places.

They also took each other contracts and established that channel thanks to the player's interface.

****

" The realism of the game is pushed too far" a player posted on the forum

" true, it is almost like in the real world. The NPC are reacting way too vividly" someone else said.

" don't be delusional, it is just a game. The Ai governing the NPC is just too advanced" 

Genta was still looking at the forum when his gaming interface started to act strangely, emitting blinding light while darkening other times. He was wondering about what was happening when he started to feel weightless there was a slight pain coming from his head. Without warning, he collapsed on the ground and fainted but it was not only happening to him. It was happening to all the players In Galaxy on every beginner planet.

They all fainted as if they all suffered from a collective illness

2