Chapter12- meeting with the other players
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The atmosphere in Silver Wood settlement had been strange lately since the arrival of a new group of people.
Generally, people were received with open arms In the settlement, as they needed new blood to develop.  But Settlement duelers were more careful when it came to diseases.

When the new arrivals fainted all at once, a wave of commotion started to spread in the settlement, but the chief Barrion quickly calmed the situation.

With the help of the elder, the refugee was examined and it was found that they were not infected by a disease.
According to the elder, their bodies were in a state of excitement as if they had taken a medicine on the way and it had just started to show its effect.

Thanks to the Elder, the inhabitant of Silver Wood Settlement could finally calm down.

Jr was one of the guards in Silver Wood Settlement. He was the youngest among them. It is also why he never shaved his beard to look tougher in front of his colleagues.

Jr was now looking at a man who seemed a little older while the latter was studying a map spread in front of him.

Sometimes, he will be asked questions. They were the most basic questions like how to travel from this place to that place. Jr answered politely as the Chief had instructed him to do.

According to chief Barrion, This man was certainly one of the leaders of this group of refugees. At first, Jr was doubting his words but he understood how mistaken he was a second later when he was stared at by the mind and felt as if the man's gaze was piercing deep inside his soul. Another Thing that Jr admired about the man was his scar.

"it had surely received it during a heart-wrenching battle. Even his name is Scar" Jr marveled as he looked at Genta enviously.

Thanks to the training that he had been through, He could also somewhat judge the strength of the person he faced. He could feel that the Level 1 Genta was weak,  really weak but he assumed that it was because of the side effects of a drug he had taken.

What he did not know was that Genta was a weak Level one player. He was not under the effect of a drug. And what he assumed to be a piercing killer gaze was just Genta using His examination function.

Jr- Guard

I'm a guard in the settlement.
Lv-???
Class-???
Danger level: slightly dangerous

In Galaxy, every player was equipped with that function and could use it to understand to gain a basic understanding of a person or the function of an item. But there were some other conditions like the fact that the character needed to be less than 30 levels higher than the player's level.

Genta remembered that he had been able to see the level of Barrion and the other Elder. There was a way to obtain information on a character of a higher level. For this one needed to receive a strike from that person or to strike that person. Drawing blood or having your blood drawn was included in these cases. Genta assumed that it is what happened to him when he was sleeping.

Genta Listened attentively as Jr explained patiently how things worked in the settlement, like the different paying jobs available for the refugee, the place where they could obtain weapons, mostly cold ones like bows, arrows, swords, and daggers.
He also gained some understanding of the beast that lived in his surroundings.
It was just like in any other game.

When they finally left to see the other players, it was already late in the afternoon.

On the way, many people looked at Genta as his facial features and his clothes were highly reassembling that of the other player.

Genta did not know what they were saying about him.

Soon they arrived at the outskirts of the settlement where the players had been placed.

Like Genta, they had not woken up too long ago. They had already formed groups. Some had more people while other was composed of only three to eight people. There were also some loners in the assembly.
They all had something in common. They looked tense and restless. Some looked at the guards fearfully.
Genta asked Jr what was wrong and learned that one of the Players had attacked a guard to take his weapon. Sadly or luckily for him, the difference in level was too great so great that The Guard leniently restrained him, and he was brought to the prison. Since then the situation had been tense.

Genta sighed, he had expected something like that to happen but not this soon. As he inspected the Crowe, they also discovered him. It was not difficult considering the Id visible for every player. It was one of the last things that still maintained a semblance of a game to what was happening.

There was suddenly a commotion as a part of the group started to move toward Genta. It was the biggest group with someone that Genta had already met at the start of the game, Guy#98, a professional player.

He seemed like a fish in the water showing that he had a certain level of charisma.

1