chapter13- the situation outside
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the real universe, on Earth somewhere in Tokyo.

A man in his late twenties alighted from a taxi. He took some time to look at the building in front of him. It was not the highest in the city, it did not look more futuristic than other famous buildings.

But for some reason, it was seemingly standing apart from the rest of the world.

" I think that It is the right place" the man whispered and took some time to look at his phone, or rather at the address that had been sent to him earlier.

Looking at the darkening sky and feeling the cold pervading his body, the man shuddered.

Jio Ichiro remembered his life, a week ago. He was the youngest police officer in his station, and he was working overtime to please his older colleagues. They were a merry bunch some time, to the point that it could make one forget about their grumpy faces sometimes.

The real problem was one of his superiors. Jio almost felt like he was being bullied by that person and he had to convince himself that it was not the case most of the time.

Strangely, it was because of this, that Jio escaped a calamity.

A week ago the newest VRMORpg, was going to be launched. Jio who worked overtime did not arrive on time for the launch and that night, as he was too tired, he went to sleep.

Who would have thought that the next days, new would be relied on that there was a misfunctioning with the game's system and that all the players were now trapped in the game cabin?

Some people had cried to pry open the cabin forcefully. The result? The ' rescued ' people died soon after.

Even worst, it happened worldwide to hundreds of thousands of players.

" It is just like in that 'movie'. I escaped from death and now it keeps coming at me, chasing me everywhere I go" Jio wanted to shoot out but he calmed down, instead he looked with teary eyes at the ensign on the building.

" Yamada's medical Center" was written of it.

Jio showed his identification and did not meet any difficulty when he tried to enter the medical center, unfortunately. He dragged his step and at some point decided that he will not take the elevator and instead climbed the staircase.

It almost seemed like he was dragging time while expecting fate's intervention.

Sadly, when he arrived on the second floor, he opened the translucid doors of the conference room and found the other people already sited. 

With a single glance, He could already make some group around them. The military was easily recognized by their uniforms or the way they carried themselves. Some were rather old, at least forty years old, there were also some younger ones.

Some looked like academicians with glassy eyes.

The most shocking discovery was that Jio had arrived just in time. He looked at the clock and he felt sad since he had been informed that he was going to log inside the game, every hour seemed to last an eternity.

*****

" I am grateful for everyone's presence today. I am Dr. Sake Sasaki, the Director of the Yamada's Medical Center " a grey-haired middle-aged man said.

" as the prime minister has said before me. This mission is of great importance because of twenty thousand of our citizens whose lives are at stake...

During the past week, after many tests, we confirmed the fact that while the people who entered Galaxy are now trapped inside, it is still possible to log inside the game..."

Dr. Sake went on explaining.

According to him It was still possible to log inside Galaxy while using the Cabine. The game might have been still going on. The only problem for the newcomer was that they will also find themselves trapped.

Jio was not surprised as, despite the censorship on the net, there were still people posting videos of new logging from their cabin.

Once inside they will enter a state of comatose.

During the last 300 players died in Japan. It was sad news but nothing compared to the 8000 deaths worldwide. 

Some of the players died when removed from their cabins, others died simply while they were still inside.

The supposed reason was that they had died in the game but there was no way to confirm it.

Another strange fact was that the game cabins started to show a strange function. They worked even when removed from any source of energy.

The Condor Group, the group behind the creation of the game finally revealed the fact that there were many things that they did not know about the game as they happened on its code by chance. They were now under the wrathful gaze of the world.

The only good thing was that thanks to the data they released, a way has been found in which people will know the situation inside the game.

A new group of players with a special device attached to their cabin was to be sent into the game. In the meantime, the operation center in the real world will be able to communicate with them as they shared the thing that they were seeing.

Operations like this we're happening all around the world.

Despite the acknowledgment of the prime minister, Jio did not feel safe. He had a bad feeling about this mission and he had always trusted his gut.

Sadly he could not back down at this moment or he will bring shame to his ancestors.

The participant of this project was going to be divided into teams that thanks to the code provided to the Condor Group, will be remotely followed. The member of the same team was also sure to appear in the same spawning point.

1