7. Be Knowledgeable of Your Environment
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The patrol met outside Gerudo town's east gate. Where they had sand seals, all ready to go for the long journey into the southern desert. Trico did not know whether to be excited or worried. They were excited to be able to go on such an important mission, but worried at the dangers that waited in front of them. Trico double checked to make sure their Moonlight Scimitar and Gerudo shield were in tip top shape. The party did not know how long they would be out in the desert, so each of the warriors had a pack on their back filled with food, water and various supplies. 

“Alright everyone put down your shields and let's head out.” Captain Gordia said, tightening the harness on the sand seal, dropping her shield face down on the ground to which she hopped on top of it. She picked up the reins on her seal and waited patiently. The other warriors followed in suit. On captain Gordia’s signal the group kicked into motion being pulled along by their trustee steads. Trico waited behind until they were a good ways ahead. Once she saw they were far enough away they got on their shield and headed out too. 

The sand seal grunted along as it was steered by the warrior Trico. As they journeyed on, the lone warrior marveled at the environment around them. This dessert was their home and they loved every bit of it. The heat, the yellow sand, and even the lone Voltfruit cacti that stood perfectly still in the barren desert. It was mid day by the time the party got to the southern Oasis. Stopping the beast pulling them along, Trico got off their shield and ran to meet up with the rest of the group.

“Damn you are sneaky.” Said Cyra, one of the warriors. She walked up to Trico and handed them a flask. “I barely saw you let alone I couldn't even hear you.” Trico nodded to Cyra as she took a swig from the flask.

“Wait? What!” Confused at the liquid they just drank. They spit out the drink immediately. “Fermented Voltfruit?! Cyra, this tastes awful!”

“I needed something strong. I get riding sickness sometimes and this keeps me going.” Cyra took the flask back and downed some more of the liquid. Trico just looked disgusted as they pulled out their water container and washed the awful taste away. With the order from Gordia the patrol started looking around for clues as to what happened to the previous patrol. Because of the sand's constant motion there were no footprints of any kind. Trico climbed up one of the palm trees to get a better look around. Once at the top they looked out at the surrounding area. In the distance, far out into the desert, passing Hyrule's borders Trico saw a dust cloud. It wasn't a sand storm, more like a commotion in the sand. Was it a Molduga?! No it couldn't be. However the cloud was getting closer and closer!

“Captain something coming!” Trico shouted from the tree top.

“Warriors! Prepare yourselves! Trico get out of sight!” Gordia heard Trico's call, pulled out her sword and held up her shield as did the other warriors. Trico looked around but there was no place to hide! 

“Shit what do I do?! You know what I'm just going to say up here.” Trico moved to the very top of the tree hidden in the palm leaves, watching the plot unfold. As the cloud approached, Trico saw people in black cloaks riding behind sand seals.

“Attack!” Captain Gordia shouted as the Gerudo women charged at their approaching enemy. Jumping off the seals the mystery people attacked as well. Trico could barely see what was happening but they could hear the clashing of steel and shouts of their fellow warriors. This went on for many minutes but then suddenly nothing. No sound, no movement , just silence. Poking their head out of the palm leaves to see what was going on, Trico saw the enemy more clearly. They were the same height as a Gerudo, at least 8 feet and kept their cloaks on. To Trico's horror they saw, laying on the ground their comrades. Where are they dead?! The enemy dragged Trico's companions over to wagons tied to the back of the enemies sand seals. The enemy bound the Gerudo warriors hands and feet pulling them onto the makeshift wagons. A great gust of wind picked up and one of the mystery persons cloaks flew off. Trico’s eyes widened with shock and disbelief. It was Avaleigh! One of the missing Gerudo women! What the heck was with this treachery. Trico stared in amazement but saw something wasn't quite right with her. Avaleigh’s eyes were normally green like the rest of the Gerudo, but now they were purple. And her movements were stiff and unnatural. Just then the other people took their cloaks off as well. It was the rest of the missing patrol! 

“What on earth are they doing?” Trico whispered to themselves. Once the rest of Trico’s patrol were loaded up onto the wagons the traitors got back up on their seals and left with much haste. Trico shimmied down the tree as fast as they could. But their grip on the tree slipped and they fell the rest of the way. Trico had to ignore the back pain and get on their sand seal. Limping back to the beast, Trico put down their shield.

“Hiyah!” Trico followed further behind than before. Just enough to see the silhouette of the others. What on earth is going on? Why were there friends and fellow warriors going against their own tribe? Trico was very heart broken at this fact. And they grew even more worried  when the sun began to set. They've been traveling the entire day and Trico was beginning to worry that their sand seal wasn't going to make it.

Finally around 9pm Trico saw off in the distance a very old structure. A temple made of sandstone that was in a state of ruin and decay. Torches were illuminating the building from the outside, casting giant shadows that stretched and disappeared into the dark void of the night. Gliding to a halt Trico, they got off their sand seal and watched from a distance as the others rode up to the temple and started carrying the unconscious warriors inside.

“Wait here and rest friend.” Trico stroked the sand seal's mane. “You're a great creature.” The seal grunted and nuzzled Trico, almost causing them to fall back. “Woh boy.” Trico laughed. Turning back to the temple, Trico started walking towards it with their sword and shield drawn.

0