8. Time Long Forgotten by the Passing of Sand
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they approached Trico couldn't help but be astonished at the architecture. Gerudo desert doesn't have giant temples like this anymore. Most of them that once stood proud became victims to the never ending movement of the sands of time and have been buried. Never to be returned to their former glory. The only thing that came close to this monument was the statues of the Seven heroines. Closer and closer Trico walked until they were at the very foot of the entrance. Looming above them was a ginormous statue of a Gerudo woman. Was this the long lost temple from the Era of the Hero of Time?! Questions swarmed their minds as Trico entered the temple. They walked down stairs until they entered a room illuminated by torches. On either side of the room there were sets of doors leading further into the temple. 

“Shit.” Trico walked over to the door on the left and looked inside. They could hear voices coming from within. Quietly walking in and following the rooms as they twist and turned, Trico suddenly felt a rush of magic blowing on an ice cold wind. Words traveled on it.

“You will tell us where he is being held!” Slowly Trico peeked around the corner and saw two old women adorned in Gerudo robes and jewelry.

“I told you! I have know idea what you're talking about!” Looking deeper into the room Trico gasped. It was Lalah! She was tied to a poll in the middle of the room looking very tired and worn out. She had many scratches and bruises all over her body. Her pants were torn and her hair was messy and hung in front of her face.

“Don't lie to me! It was the Gerudo along with those dastardly Zoni people who sealed our dear Ganondorf away!” The old woman with a blue crystal circlet snapped. She raised her hand and glowing shards of ice formed into a ball of magic. The women send it flying towards Lalah. However a ball of fire stopped it in its tracks, melting it immediately.

"Don't lose your temper sister. She will tell us everything in due time. Come let's introduce ourselves to our new guests.” The old witches grabbed bromes that were laying up agents on a wall, mounted them and few off threw the temple cackling. Making sure the coast was clear Trico sheepishly stepped out into the room.

“Lalah?” Trico whispered loudly, hoping their words would reach their friend. Slowly looking up, Lalah looked directly into Trico's eyes.

“T-Trico? Is that really you? Have you been sent by the witches to get more information out of me? Well you're out of luck I'm never talking.” Lalah glared at their friend thinking that they too were under a spell. Trico quickly walked over to where Lalah was. Pulling out their sword Trico started to cut the rope holding Lalah to the pool.

“No Lalah it's really me. I was with the captain until we were attacked by our own warriors. What in Hyrule’s green fields is going on?” Upon cutting Lalah free she fell to the floor, too weak to stand by herself. 

“If it's really you, what did you get me for my birthday?” Lalah pointed at Trico who sighed. Looking very annoyed.

“If I was under a spell don't you think I'd still know. Now if I was possessed that would be a different story. But if you must know I got you opal earrings from the Desert Jewel and a necklace of opal I made myself.” Lalah still stared with much suspicion.

“You do have a good point.” She said. Trico went to go help their friend off the ground. But Lalah flinched away.

“Lalah it's me I promise but I have to get you out of here before they come back.” Lalah nodded and allowed Trico to help them up.

“What are you doing here?” Lalah asked Trico as they slowly hobbled out of the room. Their left leg was clearly broken. Trico told Lalah all that had happened. About the patrol being assigned, going to the southern oasis, falling out of the tree, and riding all day to get to this temple. “Oh I see. Well thank you for being concerned about me. Has it really been five days? OW!” Lalah fell to the ground in agonizing pain. Trico pulled them off into a hidden nook in the corner to rest.

“Ok now tell me what is going on? We thought the Yiga clan might have come back, who are those witches? Where are we? What has happened to our comrades?” Trico asked as she handed Lalah their container of water. They could tell that their friend was very dehydrated.

“Answer me this one question so I can make sure it's really you. What is your favorite animal and what do you say every time you talk about them?” Trico rolled their eyes and smiled.

“My favorite animal is a dragon. And I always say how I saw a red fire dragon in Tabantha Canyon when I was with Tera going to Rito Village. But no one believed me.” Lalah giggled.

“That's right you nerd.” Both warriors giggled. “I can't believe you came for me.”

“Of course I'd come to rescue you! What's not to believe.” 

“My hero.” Lalah leaned over and kissed Trico on the cheek. Trico's eyes widened with embarrassment. Lalah giggled at Trico’s facial expression. “Ok I'll tell you everything.” Taking a deep breath Lalah started the long tale. “Remember all those stories we've been told about a Gerudo warrior named Nabooru? The same woman who helped the Hero of Time fight against evil Gerudo king Ganondorf?” Lalah paused.

“Um yeah I remember hearing about her. And that Calamity Ganon was actually that same King in an adopted form.” Trico relayed.

“Correct. Well I'm the only living descendent of Nabooru. And my ancestors inherited power that she once used to help seal the Gerudo King away. Sadly that ancient magic has been lost. But anyway those two witches are Kotake and Koume. They are the two that raised Ganondorf.” Lalah grabbed Trico’s hands very seriously “You have to promise never to tell anyone what I am about to tell you.” Trico nodded their head. “I don't remember all the details but hundreds, maybe even thousands of years after the hero killed Ganondorf in the Era of Twilight. His body was taken somewhere hidden and was sealed with a combination of two magic spells created by the ancient Zoni Tribe and ancient Gerudo magicians. Those magicians were my ancestors, descendants of Nabooru. That's why those witches are here. They want to know where Ganondorf’s body is in hope to bring him back to life. But that can never happen. For if he came back, all of Hyrule would be in danger. As for our comrades, they are under a spell of manipulation to help the witches slowly take over the Gerudo to help revive Ganondorf.” Trico was stunned with all the information that they were just told. It took them a while to process.

“Alright, how do we stop the witches?” Trico said standing up “We can't let Ganondorf return by any means. We need to stop these old hags before they get too far.” Trico helped Lalah off the ground, put her arm around their neck to  help support Lalah. Once again they slowly started moving through the temple. After moments of silence Lalah perked up

“I think there's an item in here that can help us defeat the witches!” Caught off guard by Lalah's sudden excitement, Trico almost let her go. Causing Lalah's broken leg down on the ground.

“Good Golden Goddesses!” Lalah muffled under her breath trying not to shout. “We have to find Nabooru’s tomb. This was the temple she protected and once her spirit left to help the hero, her body stayed behind and preserved in a majestic tomb. And buried with her was a shield that could reflect magic attacks. It's called the Mirror Shield.”

“Perfectly, we could give them a taste of their own medicine.” Trico said helping Lalah up and apologizing several times over for dropping her. “Where is her tomb?” Trico asked Lalah.

“I.. I don't know. But I think there's a map of this place somewhere.” With that information set in their minds. Lalah and Trico set off winding down the passageways and rooms of the temple. Looking for the map.

0