9. Solving the Spirit Temple
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eventually the friends came upon a room with another giant statue of a Gerudo woman. Looking around they saw a chest up on a stone column.

“I think it's up there.” Lalah said 

“But how in Hyrule do we get up there?” Trico shrugged. There was absolutely nothing they could do. They had no equipment to help at all. Looking around, Trico had an idea. Gently setting their friend on the ground Trico said.

“I'll be right back.” Walking towards the statue Trico pulled out their sword. Holding it in both hands, Trico then pulled the sword apart! And just like that one sword became two. “Forgive me, people who built this temple.” With that Trico drove their sword into the sand stone statue and began to pull themselves up the statue. When they finally reached the right shoulder of the giant statue. Trico took a deep breath and jumped to the platform right next to it. Because of their height and long legs they cleared the jump with ease. 

“If you fall and break your back I'm going to break your knees!” Lalah shouted up at Trico.

“If you keep shouting I'll be the one to break your knees.” Trico quietly shouted back keeping in mind that there might be an enemy nearby.

“Eat sand.” Lalah grabbed a handful of loose sand and chucked it up at Trico. Of course because of the height difference in the floor and platform the sand rained back down on Lalah. Trico rolled their eyes. “What, can't you take a joke?” Lalah crossed her arms.

“You well know I can. But now isn't the right time.” Trico chuckled as Lalah stuck her tongue out at them playfully. Walking over to the old chest Trico unhinged the lock and opened up the creaking wood. Trico reached in and pulled out an extremely old piece of parchment that was barely legible. “Lalah catch.” Trico walked over to the edge and tossed the map gently down to their friend. Who caught it with one hand.

Once the two had regrouped on the floor, Lalah was able to pinpoint the location of Nabooru’s Tomb. Helping Lalah up again the two headed off once more through the passageways until they came to a wall.

“Wait, there's supposed to be more corridors here!” Lalah looked at the map up and down in confusion.

“They must have sealed it up to make sure no one can disturb the tomb.” Trico said “Hold on, I'm going to try and break it.” Setting Lalah down on the floor Trico rubbed her back “All this picking you up and down is straining my back. I think I'm going to need to need a spa day when we get back. Cover your head” Upon saying that Trico stepped back a distance then started running at the wall. Crash!  Trico disappeared into the hole they just created. 

“Trico? Trico, are you ok?” Lalah said, dragging herself over to the broken wall and looking inside. 

“UGH my shoulder!” 

“Yup you're fine.” Lalah started laughing hysterically, holding her stomach. “You looked like a scorpion! The way when you fell, your legs went up and over your head!” Trico slowly stood up brushing the dust and rock out of their hair. The braid in front of their face had come apart so Trico looked like an absolute mess. Covered in scratches, dirt, and sand. 

“Definitely a spa day.” Trico walked over to the laughing Lalah and helped her up. The two carefully entered the cobweb infested passageway. Reaching back threw the hole Trico grabbed the nearest torch to illuminate the pitch black tunnel. Both were silent as they walked. The only sound was the crackling torch until there was some sort of scuttle.

“What the hell was that?!” Lalah looked around

“I don't know but it sounds like it's getting closer!” Trico set Lalah down, handed her the torch and pulled out their duel swords. Waiting for whatever was in this passageway with them. With the dim light produced by the torch, Trico couldn't see very well at what lay in front of them. Suddenly crawling out of the darkness Lalah shouted as a Giant spider came running out. “WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!” Trico shouted

“I THOUGHT SKULLUTA’S WERE EXTINCT. KILL IT TRICO! KILL IT!” Lalah shouted, clinging to the wall she was against, she was extremely afraid of spiders. Clicking its pincers together the skulluta charged at Trico. Jumping out of the way, Trico swung their swords and chopped off one of the eight legs. The monster screeched and wiped around to face them. This time it was Trico’s turn to charge. Rushing at the spider Trico hooked their swords under the beast and with all their strength flipped it over, revealing its soft under belly. Jumping into the air Trico landed on the spider driving their swords into the monster, killing it instantly. Lalah was quivering in the corner with her hands over her eyes. Trico walked up and knelt next to her.

“It's dead. And gone.” Trico moved Lalah's hands away from her face as they both looked to where the skulluta’s body once laid but now there was only a dark purple smoke rising into the air and disappearing. 

Trico and Lalah set off down the tunnel. Further down they walked into the dark for what felt like an eternity.

“Uh Trico, We’re off the map.” Lalah said very concerned as they continued onward. Down down down they walked into the dark. Full of spiderwebs and rats.

“Good goddess, how is their food down here for them?” Trico asked

“There might be some hole they can crawl up into to get to the suffice.” Lalah said looking around. Both warriors stopped in their tracks as a little white and black rat scurried and stopped right in front of their path. With big black eyes it stared up at them. “This one is cute.” Lalah said

“Hey little fella whatcha doing?” Trico looked at the rat who started to clean itself. “Aww what a good little rat.” Trico reached into a little bag on their belt and pulled out a bun of bread. Pulling off a little chunk Trico threw it to the rat who picked it up in its mouth and ran back into the darkness.

“Not gonna lie, That was really cute. Can I have the rest of that bread?” Lalah asked in which Trico agreed and gave it to her friend. Eventually the long tunnel ended and the two came up on a door that was sealed shut. 

“Great another door! I don't think my shoulder can take another beating.” Trico stated placing the torch in a convenient placed torch wall holder. “How on earth are we going to get in?” Trico was puzzled at the obstacle in front of them. Suddenly there was a tiny little squeak from behind them. Turning around Trico saw the little black and white rat sitting there. And in his mouth was a key! “Oh goodness! Hey little guy. Did you bring that for us?” With no reply the rat started crawling towards Trico. With no warning the little creature jumped up on the warrior and started making the trek, climbing all the way up to the tall Gerudo’s shoulder. “Oh goodness Lalah I think we made a friend!” Taking the key from the rat, Trico said thank you to the little creature who then jumped, climbed up their messy ponytail and plopped down right on top of the warrior's head. “Well… I guess you're coming with us.” Trico reached up and patted the little rat.

“That is disgusting! You don't know what germs that thing has!” Lalah did have a pint however Trico shrugged off her statement.

“Did you know rats constantly clean their fur. They aren't that dirty to many people's surprise. I think I’ll name him Helsinki.” Putting the key in the keyhole and turning it the door suddenly opened, letting the Gerudo warriors inside. The room they walked into was giant. With high walls and a large ceiling. The room was perfectly round and in the very middle illuminated by a beam of light coming from a small hole in the ceiling was a beautifully carved sandstone sarcophagus. Around the room were golden treasures and precious gems. On the walls were paintings of events that happened more than ten thousand years ago. The warriors looked around in absolute bliss. Walking up slowly to the sarcophagus the warriors became nervous. What if there was a curse? Would they be disrespecting Nabooru’s slumber? Is what they were about to do wrong? 

“Are you ready?” Lalah asked turning to see Trico about to cry. “Hey are you ok?”

“I can't believe she’s here.” Trico placed their hand on the sarcophagus of the greatest Gerudo warrior in history.

“Yeah I know. To think that she was here, lost in the desert for this long. Well she’s not lost anymore.” Taking a deep breath both bowed their heads and closed their eyes as Lalah began to speak. “Great Nabooru, It is an honor to be in your presence. With the utmost respect we will borrow your Mirror Shield to defeat the witches. Once we are finished we will return the shield back to you and leave you in peace.” The warriors opened their eyes and raised their heads. “Do it Trico.” Placing Lalah on the ground, Trico stood strong, put both hands on the sarcophagus and pushed with all their might. With much ease the lid scraped open halfway raveling what was inside. Trico peered in to see a perfectly preserved Nabooru.

“It looks like she’s just sleeping. Like she just died yesterday.” Trico relayed onto their friend.

“I mean she is the Sage of Spirits. It makes sense that her body is perfectly preserved. Do you see the shield?” Lalah reminded Trico of why they came here. Trico I saw it shimmering in the beam of light. It was placed over Nabooru’s abdomen. Sitting there slumbering alongside its user. Reaching in and gently picking it up. Trico pulled it out of the tomb and held it into the light. Both warriors smiled and let out a wahoo. “Don't worry Nabooru, we will bring it right back.” Trico then closed the tomb, picked up Lalah and with the little rat Helsinki still on their head the warriors started retracing their steps with the mirror shield in hand and set off back into the temple.

0