10. A Spark that will Last for Generations
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eventually Trico, Lalah and the little rat Helsinki made their way back into the room where they found the map. 

“So do we just wait for the witches to show up? What do we do?” Trico asked.

“You know what. I didn't think this far into the plan.” Lalah admitted. “But I think there's a room somewhere that the witches retreat into.” Looking at the map Lalah pinpointed the room she just mentioned. “I think if we take this path here we shou-” Zap!

“Trico!” Lalah shouted as she was suddenly picked up and flown into the air.

“Lalah!” Trico pulled out one of their swords and held up the mirror shield. With a flash of cold wind and fire embers the Gerudo witches, Kotake and Koume zoomed out on their bromes and circled Lalah, who was hovering in the air. 

“You thought you could get away from us?!” 

“You still haven't told us where our dear Ganondorf is!” The witches laughed and cackled before turning to look at Trico. “Well, well, well, looks like we missed one! Never too late to cast another hypnosis spell.” Kotake raised her hand and chucked a ball of purple smoke at Trico. Holding up the mirror shield they were able to deflect the magic attack into a nearby wall. The witches gasped.

“That shield I thought was no more!” Fear crossed over the old hags faces as memories of their last defeat clouded there eyes.

“Oh so you remember this shield! Nabooru the Sage of Spirits has allowed us to borrow this noble guard to smite you from this world once again!” Trico pointed their sword at the witches “You will release my friend and fight me!” Trico stood their ground as the witches leaned back on their brooms and laughed.

“You're no Hero of Time! You can't possibly defeat us!” And with that the witches zoomed off with Lalah while Trico ran after them as fast as they could. Keeping their eyes fixed on the witches. The chase was over when they enter a large room with a tall platform in the very center. Climbing a ladder to get onto the platform Trico saw Lalah floating high in the air.

“Trico behind you!” With a flash Trico listened to Lalah and was able to doge a fireball that had hurtled past them. Poor poor Helsinki the rat was flung off Trico’s head and landed on the ground.

“No, Helsinki!!” Trico ran over to where the little rat had landed. Thankfully he looked unharmed. “Come here you.” Picking up the little fella Trico shoved him down their top to keep him safe. “Stay there and don't bite me, please.” Getting into their defense stance Trico watched as the witches circled overhead.

“With my frost, I will freeze them to their soul!” Kotake used her magic to create a ball of ice and snow and hurled it in the direction of Trico. The warrior held up their shield as the ice ball flew towards them. When the magic hit the shield, it bounced off and smacked Koume straight in the head. The fire witch let out a cry of shock and pain. Trico knew what they had to do. Just hit the witch with the opposite element magic, easy!

“With my flame, I will burn them to their bone!” Koume raised her hand and shot a fireball at Trico. Once again Trico held up the shield and reflected the fire ball onto the ice witch who let out a shriek.

Once Trico set their attack plane into motion it was a lot harder than previously expected. Deflecting the magic off of the shield and aiming it in a different direction took a lot of calculation and thinking ahead. But after a few missed shots Trico finally started to get the hang of it. They were able to hit each of the witches three times with each other's magic. Eventually the two had had enough.

“Okay, let’s get serious now, Kotake!” Grabbing her sister's hand the two began to spin in the air.

“Okay, Okay Koume.” 

“Kotake and Koume’s Double Dynamite Attack!” The two witches said together in unison. A cloud of red and blue smoke appeared around them. Once the smoke cleared Trico saw floating in the air there were no two witches, instead there was one. She was much much younger than the old hags and she had two ponytails in which her hair, one made of ice while the other with fire. She was not riding a broom but hovered in the air holding a broom of ice in one hand and one of fire in the other. A giant split gem of blue and red rested on her forehead.

“What the hell?!” Trico couldn't believe their eyes. The two witches literally became one person!

“We are the Twinrova and we will bring you to your tragic end!” The witch waved both brooms and pointed them at Trico. Ice and fire flew at warrior who ducked to the floor. Fire and ice rushed along Trico's back. Burning their skin and freezing it at the same time. They couldn't stand up from the excruciating pain of hot and cold. Trico laid on the floor motionless trying not to scream or cry. Helsinki shimmied out and started sniffing and licking Trico’s head. Trying to make them feel better.

“Oh poor thing I think they're dead.” The Twinrova cackled with joy, “I guess they aren't as strong as they thought.” From high in the air Lalah stared down at Trico motionless on the ground. Tears filled her eyes

“Trico! Trico you have to get up! You can't die!” She put her hands over her heart. "Stop hurting them! Don't hurt my Trico!” Lalah's sadness turned to pure furry. The Twinrova looked up at her.

“You never stood a chance against us. For we casted a spell last time a hero tried to end us. A spell that allowed us to be resurrected when our dear Ganondorf was close to awakening. Nothing can stand in our way.” The witch laughed with much evil behind her voice.

“You're wrong!” Lalah spited in the witch's direction. “I am the descendant of the sage of Spirits, Nabooru! And I call on her now to aid me!” Lalah started mumbling a spell under her breath. A light started to shine from her chest as the spell continued. It grew brighter and brighter. Twinrova covered her eyes and flinched and squealed. With a sudden flash the Twinrova was stunned. Lalah broke the magic holding her in the air. She gently started to float down to Trico. Once her feet touched the ground she ran over to her bestfriends side. Helsinki jumped on Lalah and ran to the top of her head.

“Ew gross! Fine, just this once little rat.” Lalah patted the little rat then picked Trico up in her arms. Expecting their friend to be dead, but to her surprise she saw Trico’s eyes wide open. “Thank the goddess! Trico, are you okay?” Trico winced in pain and shook their head. They were in too much pain to talk. Setting Trico up Lalah saw the damage done to the skin. It looked like a third degree burn that had been frozen and was crystallized. “Don't worry Trico I got you.” Closing her eyes Lalah’s hands began to glow. She then placed them on Trico’s back and started mumbling again. And threw her magic Trico’s burn was mostly healed. No longer in pain Trico stood up.

“How did you do that?”

“I don't know. It was like there was a voice in my head telling me what to do and say.”

“Was it Nabooru? It looked like the kind of magic a sage would have.” Trico felt something warm coming from behind. Putting up the Mirror shield Trico blocked a fireball, protecting Lalah in the process. Wiping around Trico faced the Twinrova.

“Nabooru! You traitor!” The witch was fuming with recollections of ancient times.

“Don't you touch her!” Trico looked back at Lalah who was still glowing. “Are you okay?”

“Yes I'm fine but look at your shield!” Trico looked down to see It was glowing and pulsing red. It seemed to have absorbed the magic this time! “Trico, I think if you absorb just enough of one type of magic you'll be able to weaken the Twinrova!” Lalah said, standing up and Trico handed her one of their duel swords. Her broken leg seemed to have been mended when she healed Trico.

“Together?” Trico smiled at their friend.

“Together!” Lalah stepped behind Trico getting out of their way so they could be on the defense. The witch and the warriors circled each other until the Twinrova let out a frost attack. Trico and Lalah dogged out of the way. The shield was already charging with fire so absorbing ice magic would disrupt the chain. Eventually the shield had absorbed three fire attacks and was glowing hotter by the minute. “Now Trico!” Lalah shouted.

“Hiyah!” Trico shoved the shield forward and a beam of fire flew through the air in the direction of the witch. Upon impact the witch let out a shriek of pain and fell to the ground. “Attack!” Trico gave the command and the two warriors rushed Twinrova and began to slash her with their swords. Her skin was tough and hard to break. Quickly recovering from the magic attack the Twinrova flew up into the air

“How dare you! I will burry you with your dear sage where you will be forgotten!” Raising the brooms the witch let out an ice attack. Trico held up their shield and absorbed the frosty magic. Once again they circled each other looking for openings on the witches side and on the warriors side they waited in defense. More attacks of ice were absorbed and Trico let the beam of ice pierce the witch and she fell to the ground. Slash, clash! The Gerudo warriors attacked the witch once again who was now bleeding profusely. Trico was finally able to land a blow right through the witches abdomen. 

“This is what you get for hurting Lalah!” Ripping the sword out of Twinrova, Trico and Lalah step back. With a cloud of blue and red smoke the witches Kotake and Koume, separated once again, flew up into the air once again.

“That is it. We've had enough with you. Warriors get them!” Suddenly from all sides Trico and Lalah were surrounded by their fellow warriors who were under the witches spell. “Kill them!” The witches screeched. Lalah backed up into Trico.

“What do we do?! We can't possibly hurt them!” Lalah said, sounding worried. The warriors moved closer and closer with their spears and swords pointed in the middle towards Trico and Lalah.

“We have to fight and try our best to not kill them.” Trico knew that wasn't possible. For Gerudo warriors were trained to never back down until death or the command for retreat was called. 

“Well whatever happens Trico. I love you and I hope to see you in the next life.” Lalah bumped Trico's elbow with her own. 

“I love you too Lalah.” Trico turned Lalah around and kissed her. Pulling apart from each other they both smiled and looked lovingly into each other's eyes. Suddenly a light similar to the one Lalah used started to shine in between the two warriors. This light became so bright that they had to cover their eyes. And from this light came a voice.

“Let your eyes be ridden from the clouds of evil.” Trico has never heard this voice before. But it was that of a woman. When the light cleared up enough for Trico to be able to see, they looked around and saw the other Gerudo warriors drop their weapons and looked very confused at where they were and what they were doing. Trico also saw that their eyes were no longer purple but the bright green they should be. Trico felt a tap on their shoulder and turned around. Immediately they dropped to their knees. The rest of the warriors looked in the direction of Trico and also dropped to their knees. For glowing with radiant light was The Sage Nabooru, who looked into the air and saw the witches hovering there in shock.

“You once again try to control my people. You hurt your own tribe by helping the Demon King. The Hero of Time did well in ending you the first time. But that only means I get the pleasure of doing it again.” Nabooru raised her hand and sand rushed up in a wind and engulfing the witches. Once the dust had cleared there was no sign of them 

“Finally that's that. Gerudo rises.” Nabooru gave her command and all the warriors stood up. Nabooru turned around to look at Trico, then Lalah, then down at the Mirror shield and smiled. “I’ll take that back.”

“Oh right!” Trico said handing Nabooru the shield.

“Thank you Trico and Lalah, you have both done well. But I fear this is only the beginning of worse things to come. By any chance have you been visited by a Hylian named Link? He would have been clothed in a green tunic and would be in the possession of the sword that seals the darkness.” Nabooru’s words worried Trico. Who could she be talking about and why was she so interested in knowing if one with that description has been seen.

“No milady. No such hylian has come to us.” As Trico spoke they could see a slight hint of sadness behind Nabooru’s eyes.

“I see. So it is not quite time yet.” Nabooru’s words were riddles that Trico couldn't begin to comprehend. Nabooru turned to Lalah “It is good to see my magic lingering on in this world. I am proud to know it rests safe in your hands, Lalah. ” She raised her hand and placed it on Lalah’s shoulder. “Keep it safe.” She turned back to Trico.

“You have the heart of a dragon, and have proven yourself  a noble warrior. I wish to give you something.” Nabooru snapped her fingers and a bolt of lightning struck Trico. As electricity seared through Trico’s body they felt magic flow threw their veins.

“What's happening?!” Trico said as sparks flew around their body.

“I have given you the power to control and create desert lightning. This gift is called fury. May it be passed down through your heritage as proof of your courageous actions.” Nabooru without another word walked over to Captain Gordia.

“You must be the leader of the army. Your warriors are well trained and it makes me thrilled to see our clan has stayed strong threw out the eons. You have my thanks. As for the rest of you.” Nabooru turned to address the room. “You make your ancestors proud. But now you must leave this temple and never return. No other soul must know this place still exists.”

“Come with us!” Lalah said suddenly, her actions caused Nabooru to smile.

“I wish I could. I wish I could see in person what has become of our tribe. But I must now return to the Sacred Realm and continue to watch over the desert from there. Farwell Trico and Lalah, protects our Tribe, and look out for the blond Hylian wielding the sword.” And with that Nabooru disappeared. 

“Holy Hylia, creator of all.” Captain Gordia approached Trico and Lalah. At first she didn't know what to say to them. However she was eventually able to find the words "You have both proven yourselves beyond any capable promotion. Once we get back Lalah I wish for you to be my direct apprentice and one day take over my position. And as for you Trico, the chef will be very interested in hearing about your situation” Gordia turned and looked at her surroundings. “It's a shame that Nabooru wants us to keep this place a secret. I don't like it but I'll make up an excuse for what has happened here. For now let's go home.”

The group of Gerudo found their way out of the temple and began the long journey home on the remaining sand seals. But as they rode away Trico looked back at the Spirit Temple. As it grew further and further away, Trico thought they saw it disappear into thin air. They began to ponder all that just happened and why Nabooru bestowed this great power onto them. The sage had warned them that something was coming, something bad and Trico had to be ready for it.

As Trico makes their way back to the safety of Gerudo town with their new found magic. Lets now turn our eyes Eastward to the people with a history that is surrounded by mystery and tragedy.

0