Chapter 20: Ambush
186 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the guard captain went into the portal, he felt a strong sense of danger. Before he could get everyone out, the portal closed.

The man standing near the teleportation formation smiled deviously and murmured quietly, "Looks like I can finally go back after working for all these morons for so many days."

Soon after, he changed the coordinates on the device and walked in. He emerged from the portal on the other side, and his appearance began to alter. He turned back and destroyed the portal that he had used to reach here.

This individual is not the portal's original operator; he infiltrated the kingdom more than a week ago. He is a diamond-ranked beast tamer from another kingdom, which explains why the guard captain was unaware of his disguise.

He infiltrated the kingdom after learning that a member of the royal family had awoken a five-star talent and that the king was now away.

He was chomping at the bit for an opportunity to act.

He also learned yesterday that people from other countries, including his own, had decided to work together to kidnap the newly awakened.

His mission was to keep the teleportation portal ready for the escape so that as soon as they kidnapped the five-star beast tamer and some four-star beast tamers, he would activate the portal, successfully escaping from any pursuit. The plan was perfect because no one would know that someone had already broken into and was now in charge of the teleportation portal.

But, to his surprise, nothing happened that day. He couldn't even tell there was anything going on, and he thought that the people would have had problems and that the mission would have been significantly delayed, if not postponed.

But when he got a call asking if he knew anything about what happened yesterday since they couldn't reach the hundred beast tamers they'd deployed, he was surprised.

His face quickly turned pale, and he resolved to use the portal and flee from this hell hole right away, but his superior persuaded him that they had lost too much, and that if they couldn't get their hands on a five-star beast tamer, all their losses would be in vain.

And they told him to wait a few more hours before escaping, and that the guard captain might use the teleportation portal to exercise caution. So, if they utilised the teleportation portal, he needed to transfer them to a certain spot without their knowledge. They provided him with the coordinates for that precise site.

 

A teleportation portal can connect to another if a unique serial key from the portal is provided, and then it can transfer individuals to the other portal; this is how a new teleportation portal is linked to the existing ones.

Around a thousand people gathered around an unremarkable teleportation portal, eying it as if a crane was waiting for a fish to pop its head out so it could immediately catch and swallow it in one gulp, but these people were not alone as they had summoned all their beasts. Perhaps the guard captain would have had a chance to escape if it was only that, but it did not end there as nearly a dozen master-ranked beast tamers were standing amidst them.

As soon as he sensed something was amiss, the guard captain summoned his beasts. If one enters a teleportation portal, they will not be transferred immediately; it normally takes more than a second, and they will be in a deep dark space where they can't feel anything and there is no hue.

The guard captain quickly summoned the four armoured titans; the other three had no idea what was going on as they calmly waited to arrive at the academy grounds, unaware that their destination had already been changed.

As soon as they exited the portal, all of their faces darkened.

Only the guard captain remained rational as the other three fell into a daze; this was not what they signed up for.

The Guard captain knew that in a situation like this, he needed to keep his cool and never waver, because it could be the end of him. He, too, did not expect to see so many people gathered in a single place. The environment looked like they were in a desert, and the captain felt that half of his options were cut off, because he knew that the nearest desert to the kingdom was already around a thousand kilometers away from the kingdom's border and was also one of the largest deserts.

The guard commander didn't think twice before summoning his four armoured titans.

Even the guard captain did not have much hope after looking at some of the faces. His countenance turned gloomy as he observed a group of master-ranked beast tamers. He instantly took out a device intending to send an SOS signal.

When he clicked the button, meanwhile, a loud laugh could be heard, "Do you think, after all of this preparation, we will leave such a flaw for you to exploit?"

Even if he comes here, he'll meet the same fate as you.

Stop squandering your time on a dead man.

For these people, the guard captain is already dead, and it also applies to Lucas; these people will not give in and sign the slave contracts even if they die, but it's not the same for the two kids; while one must be a five-star beast tamer, the other must be at least a four-star beast tamer, so everything is fine.

These folks have already put up a device to stop any spatial fluctuations; even the teleportation gateway they used to get here is currently inoperable.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

Some of the diamond-ranked beast tamers present threw multiple projectiles at the guard captain, but they were all perfectly stopped by the armoured titans who stood like a mountain among these humans.

"Hmmm, so those are the rumoured armoured titans."

"Haha, I didn't expect it to not even flinch after receiving your attack." 

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Bang* 

Multiple projectiles followed suit, but the armoured titans stayed firm and did not move an inch. It can withstand this kind of bombardment for several hours without breaking a sweat.

 

"How long would it take you to breach its defences in this manner? Let us join forces. "

*Woosh**Woosh**Woosh*

Attacks by many elements painted the dark sky bright since the sun had not yet emerged. Numerous diamond-ranked beast tamers and their beasts began launching attacks.

They also threw their weight around with magical and physical strikes to attempt to break the defences down as well.

The four armoured titans held their massive shields close to them, shielding the four from all forms of attack. With so many attacks coming their way, the guard commander told the armoured titans to employ their natural ability to "combine."

3