Chapter 25: First smile
310 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So you've read the contract, right?"

Arthur:???

She started giggling when she saw Arthur's reaction because she had noted yesterday that he had not read while signing.

She stopped smiling after a few moments and looked Arthur in the eyes, saying, "I mentioned only one thing, and I want just that one thing from you."

She was dead serious when she said it.

Arthur observed her, trying to decipher what she was saying.

She stood up, approached Arthur, and sat on his lap.

As she sat in his lap, Arthur's heart began to race once more. "All I ask from you is that you never betray me".

She said it with a smile, and she began to speak in a sincere tone."  I won't bother you with anything. I will provide you with all of the resources you require. If you wish, I can even bring your family here and take care of everything for them".

Her appearance gradually changed while she was speaking. Arthur's eyes widened as she noticed the lady getting younger and younger.

Arthur's head was covered in question marks.

What on earth is going on here?

The lady who appeared to be in her early 30s now appeared to be in her early twenties.

She grinned as she saw Arthur's reaction and said, "This is my original appearance."

"I understand that you may have some misgivings about me, and I understand that as well, but I am in a position where I cannot trust anyone. I dislike utilising slave contracts to compel someone to stay with me, but my situation is unique, and I have no alternative but to force you".

The words came out of her mouth slowly and with a sombre tone.

Even though her tone was honest and she didn't appear to be lying Arthur did not trust her.

She could see by his expression that he didn't trust her, but she didn't push him.

"My name is Elizabeth," she responded with a smile. "I hope that after some time you can truly trust and accept me, but until then, I will not impose anything on you. As for your family, I'll need some time to sort things out".

"No need," Arthur said, knowing it was safer for them to be in the kingdom rather than here.

She merely smiled and nodded. "We'll start going to the mystic realms, and I'll join you to train," she added after a brief pause.

"Can we start tomorrow?" she asked.

With what was going on around him right now, Arthur couldn't help but nod his head in agreement.

"So, when we're out, please maintain my true appearance as a secret, OK?"

Arthur:??

"Just don't bring it up."

"I will tell you more about it in the future," she said after a brief pause.

"I will ask the two maids to accompany you around," she said as she rose from his lap. She said with a wink

Arthur shook his head instantly.

"Just don't leave the palace and don't break into the sealed rooms. You are free to stroll around here and ask the two maids if you want to eat anything. I'll go prepare the items we'll need for tomorrow."

Her look began to shift when she finished speaking, and she eventually returned to her old appearance soon she walked out of the room.

Arthur, who was sitting in the chair, looked up at the roof and muttered, "What the hell did I get myself into?"

He felt as if his life was becoming odd, with things happening to him that was not supposed to happen. He was bought as a slave and assumed he would have a difficult life and prepared to grit his teeth and move on. Additionally, he even planned to discreetly increase his strength while also planning an escape and return to his kingdom.

But things here don't seem to be going as he had hoped. He was pampered as if he were royalty "I'm not sure what she is thinking. What does she want me for, and what is she trying to hide? Is she looking for a partner?  Despite her good looks, it appears that she is a little loose up there. Or does she believe she has perfect control over me and that I will never betray her and will always be on her side? What exactly is she up to? What exactly was stated in the contract? Damn, I should have looked at least once. It's too late now."

Arthur paused for a moment to reflect. Then a notion rushed through his head, reminding him that he still had that useless... Ahem,  That great system he has with him.

"Hey, system! What exactly was written in that contract?"

As soon as he asked, the events of the past flashed before his eyes, the time when he was signing the contract. Arthur carefully examined the contract and discovered only one phrase written on it, which said that he must never betray her.

All respect for the slave contract was destroyed as a result of her, Arthur shook his head.

'In any case, it won't matter. Even if she did end up writing all of the requirements, it wouldn't have mattered. Arthur grinned.

Arthur would have been in a lot worse situation if the scenario had played out differently.

Even though the Guard captain was killed, he had only known him for a day, and in the case of his friend Mike, he was certain that even if he wasn't treated like some sort of heir to the throne-like him, he wouldn't suffer anything for the time being, at least due to his lower rank he won't be forced to go into different mystic realms to farm resources.

Arthur pushed all of his concerns to the back of his mind and went for a walk. He hadn't eaten anything yet, and he was starting to become hungry.

As soon as he stepped outside, he was met by the two maids who had been waiting for him.

"The supper has been prepared, Your Highness."
'Looks like I'm also royalty now,' Arthur thought to himself. he nodded and followed them both into the dining hall.

Various delights were laid on the large dinner table. Arthur was taken aback by the variety of delicacies on offer. Some of the fruits, he realised, were even more expensive than his entire family fortune. 'Things change so quickly, isn't it?'

As soon as he sat in a chair, one of the maids approached and tied a bib around his neck. 'Should I strive to eat like a noble now? Who cares?' Thought Arthur, shaking his head. He started munching on the meal as usual. He only left the table after swallowing everything he could fit into his stomach.

After eating his breakfast, Arthur decided to take a tour around the palace, which was enormous and took him the rest of the day to see most of the locations. He decided not to go into the library at this moment. He made small talk with the maids while walking, and they answered respectfully.

He learned their names as well as the name of the country he was now in. He was currently in the country of Kreyshnar, which is fairly far away from Reynar, which was his kingdom.

Elizabeth, who had gone out early today, returned shortly before dinner time. She appeared tired, but when she saw Arthur, she smiled and moved closer to him, taking a seat next to him at the dining table.

"So, do you like the place?" she inquired with a smile.

Arthur nodded, but he didn't show any other emotion on his face.

She noticed that he didn't react to her. Her face grew a little saddened, but she quickly concealed it and smiled. After supper, she led him to the room where they were before,  a new bed was set up next to the one that was already there. She shut the door and returned to her true appearance. Arthur was standing close to her, observing her.

She quickly took his hand in hers and led him to the bed. "You'll be staying here. We can share a bed if you don't want a separate bed." She winked as she said it. Arthur shook his head, knowing that he needed to secure his belongings from this odd girl who might steal them.

When she saw him, she smiled and approached his ears, saying, "Don't be shy." "Let me assist you," she replied, pointing to a perfectly put pair of pyjamas.

Arthur grabbed his pyjamas and dashed to the changing room. He could hear the girl chuckling. Arthur shook his head when he heard her.

he quickly changed his clothing and exited. As soon as he stepped outside, he noticed her standing near the changing room. When she saw him, she smiled charmingly and asked, "Would you like to help me?"

'It's tough being a man,' Arthur mused. He shook his head and went to sleep.

Elizabeth quickly walked inside. Her typical bright smile now vanished, and her eyes were tearful. She washed her face, put on some make-up, and stepped out wearing a loose PJ. She noticed Arthur had already slept off. She leaned very close to him and kissed his cheeks before turning off the light and falling asleep.

Arthur did not respond and continued to sleep despite the fact that he was awake.

—-

Time moved slowly. Arthur awoke at midnight, feeling a little thirsty. When he awoke, he sought for the jug that had been placed on a nearby table. After drinking some water he glanced towards where Elizabeth was sleeping,  He noticed her pillow was damp and tears streamed from her closed eyelids one after another.

When Arthur noticed this, he approached her bed, slid down into the blanket, and carefully caressed her head. Soon, the tears ceased, and her visage, which appeared to be in misery, gradually relaxed.

'Did I treat her too harshly?' Arthur pondered this while carefully cradling her head trying to calm her. I'm not sure what drove her to do these things or what situation she is in. Arthur shook his head. She had been trying to be nice to him and please him since he arrived here, and if someone who did not know what is going on might think that he was the one who forced her to sign a contract.

Arthur slept while stroking her head.

-----

As soon as Arthur awoke, he noticed two green eyes beaming at him. When Elizabeth saw him opening his eyes, she smiled and said, "Thank you."

Arthur smiled at her for the first time after hearing her words. seeing his smile she snuggled up to his chest, her smile grew even wider. Arthur didn't say anything, but he held her and softly stroked her head.

Arthur soon felt his shirt growing moist, and he noticed she had started crying again. After a few moments of soothing her, she wiped her tears and moved closer to his face, saying, "I'm sorry. I don't want to do it, but I don't have a choice. Please don't despise me because of what I did. I'll do everything I can for you."

Arthur said nothing as he continued to console her with a grin and a kiss on the cheek. She grabbed him tightly and added quietly, "Call me Lara."

Arthur was a straightforward individual. She was stunningly gorgeous, incredibly kind towards him, and attempting to be coquettish, for him who had been despised by all the girls that he came across due to his low potential this all felt too surreal, Arthur had no trouble allowing her into his life if she really didn't have any nefarious motives. Until then, he had to remain cool and observe her.

5