Chapter 4
491 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I AM COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!"

My eyes widened and I can feel a drop of sweat running down my neck.

This whole thing... just got more dangerous than I expected. He is too pure, too kind, to nice... to heroic. I usually sense people's negative emotions, kind of similar to Kurama´s detection ability, I can tell when someone feels anger, sadness, rage, disgust, I can tell when someone curses someone else, but him... I feel nothing like that from him. Even if I know that he could feel those things, the fact that he is able to overwhelm his negative emotions with positive ones is very bad for me.

As a user of cursed energy whose powers are based on a literal curse, I wasn't very surprised by gaining this ability, but to think it can be bypassed by the literal power of friendship and kindness... how annoying.

If you wonder why I disliked humans so much, why that dislike turned to hate and then that hate turned into disgust, well its probably because I can see through them, I can feel the negative emotions that they feel, always surrounded by the worst thoughts of humanity no matter were I go. Ahhh truly the best race there is, so cruel, so ugly, so perfectly ready to be filled with despair.

Ugh I am getting lost in thought way too often lately, maybe I am nervous? Impossible, these fools are just pawns, waiting to be moved to my benefit. Could I be excited then? Well I am indeed glad that after so many years the time for chaos to come is getting closer, but that's not enough, if anything it would make me focus more on my current plans to make sure they actually happen the way I envisioned them. Maybe its my lazy side then? The part of me that just wants to go around killing and having fun, obviously I wouldn't listen to it, I take pride on the fact that I am not an idiot, just a sadistic sociopath.

Well I shouldn't be focused on that right now, especially since All Might has started talking about the exercise.

"SINCE THERE ARE NO MORE QUESTIONS, PICK UP A PAPER FORM THIS BOX, ONE EACH"

Great, just great, I have to team up with the most useless person in this exercise to fight against the two guys best suited for this exercise. Thats right, Koji Koda and me vs Todoroki and Tokoyami.

Ugh, literally anyone else would have been better for this exercise, sure Koda´s quirk is really OP, being able to talk to and control animals is definitely way too underrated. The only problem is that there are NO F*CKING ANIMALS IN THE BUILDING.

Sure maybe he could call a couple of birds or something, but it would be too obvious that they are his, so 0 element of surprise and 0 spying capabilities. Add to that the fact that he is scared of bugs, the only thing that we might actually find in the building and you get the single, most useless partner ever.

Well we will be the third fight, which means I still have some time to come up with a decent plan to win.

"TEAM 1 VS TEAM 7, BEGIN"

I see Jiro and Sero, who are playing the part of villains, discuss something before Jiro stabs her earphone jacks on the wall and points somewhere. I guess they will try to catch Sato and Asui by surpsise, since they don't really have much of a chance against them on a battle head-on, after all Sato´s quirk is pretty much made for head-on battles and Asui´s physique grants her too many advantages in close combat.

Huh, not bad Sero, hanging a metal piece from the ceiling using the tape of your body and cutting it a bit too make sure it falls later, causing noise and hopefully dividing Asui and Sato.

[ 3rd pov ]

As Asui and Sato finish talking outside of the building, probably thinking of a way to find the bomb in the 17 minutes they have remaining, they rush in, eventually encountering a divided path, before they could choose a direction to follow, the sound of metal falling is heard from the right path, followed by the sound of metal falling from the left path as well.

"They must have separated and caused noise to confuse us *ribbit*"

"Hmm, yes, do you think they want us to spend time chasing after them so as to not find the bomb?"

"That makes sense *ribbit*, since there was noise from both sides the bomb could be on either one and, if we go to the left while the bomb is on the right, we might no longer have time to return, especially because they would try their best to hold us back *ribbit*"

"Then perhaps it would be best to separate, we are each better suited than them for close combat so we both take a tie, defeat them, and let the other know through the comms if we find the bomb"

"Good idea, lets go with that, I will take the right and you go left *ribbit*"

Immediately after they stop and have a conversation, Asui jump on Sato´s shoulders and they proceed to move towards the left.

[Jiro pov ]

I unplug my earphone jack from the floor and look at Sero with a smile on my face

"The plan went well, Sato is coming in our direction and Asui is going the opposite way. Sato will be easier to trap with you quirk since he is bigger, so its the best possible scenario"

"Great, your quirk really is useful for this type of situations hahaha"

Heh I know, this is one of the few scenarios in which my quirk has the advantage, unfortunately I won't be able to give Sero much support when he fights Sato, but we have already successfully separated them so the advantage is ours.

The bomb is behind us so we will have to be careful that Sato doesn't touch it

[ Asui pov ]

It was way to suspicious, why would they separate if Jiro doesn't have a quirk suited for combat? She wouldn't be able to hold as back long enough for the time to run out and Sero would them find himself on a 2v1 situation.

They must have done this to separate us and take us out one by one, unfortunately for them we already expected something like this happening, we also knew that whatever we said inside the building would most likely be heard so we had to take more time than we would have liked to planning outside.

We already had agreed that I would get on Sato´s shoulders when the opportunity presented itself so that they wouldn't hear my footsteps, but they actually went out of their way to make that opportunity for us. This is great, I can only hope that they gain confidence in their plan and let their guards down, it would be easier to defeat them that way.

Although I am not sure how they managed to make sound on the left path, I am confident that they are on the right. Not only are my instincts telling me so, but it also makes sense, after all the sound on the right was heard as soon as we arrived at the crossroad while the one from the left came slightly afterwards. Jiro must have heard us arrive and dropped something.

And here we are, there is a room right ahead with the bomb unguarded so its obviously a trap, the question now is, behind which of the 8 columns are they?

They will probably attack as soon as we go in

I signal Sato to stop and start counting down from three to zero with my fingers, as soon as I get to zero I will jump from him to the roof and attack from above while he attacks from the ground.

He will go directly for Sero while I go for Jiro, once I deal with her I try to touch the bomb while Sato fights Sero.

[ Sero pov ]

I look at Jiro, who is hiding behind the bomb, as soon as she gives me the signal I will attack Sato with everything I have, it would be great to defeat him in the first attack before he even has a chance to call Asui for backup.

Jiro gives me a thumbs up, the signal that Sato is at the door, as soon as he walks in we will begin.

I hear footsteps entering and both me and Jiro jump out from our hiding spot, ready to attack, but we immediately freeze

H-how, how are both of them here?!

I see Asui jump from his shoulders with great speed, sticking to the ceiling and directly attacking Jiro with her tongue

Sato, taking advantage of my distraction, closes the distance between us and, in an instant, is in front of me

Damn damn damn I need to get away from him, I am better for medium to long distance combat so I can´t stay so close to him

As I jump backwards I feel his fist connect with my arms, luckily I had raised them in advance so I didn't receive the hit in my chest, but it is still enough to throw be backwards, far enough from the bomb to not be able to intervene as I see Asui jumping towards it with Jiro still trapped in her tongue

"AND THE HEROES TEAM WIN"

I hear All Might´s words through the speakers, yet there is only one thought on my mind, ´They really didn't even need to place the tape on us to win huh?´

I already knew I needed to get stronger to become a hero, but to think that I would curse my weakness so early on, sigh, I guess it is a good thing that I came here, after all the number one hero is the one who will be helping us become stronger

[ 3rd pov ]

"You are indeed correct Yaoyorozu, the MVP is Asui because of her planning abilities and contribution during the fight"

[ Mc pov ]

Huh, I guess there is no choice but to start taking Asui into consideration. I didn't give her much thought when planning ahead, but she is unexpectedly smart. In terms of intelligence I was only thinking Momo, Bakugo and Izuku would be a threat, but Asui is different, she is way to observant and instinctually understands situation pretty well. Its my fault this time, I forgot that she was actually the first one to compare All Might´s quirk with Izuku´s.ç

Besides that there is the fact that she has an animal mutation quirk, which tend to give people absurd instincts and great spatial awareness, both of which are extremely important for battle, especially close combat.

Damn, how could I ignore someone like this? Okey enough, I already said it to myself when I first gained consciousness in this world 11 years ago, but I definitely won't underestimate anyone. They may be dumber, weaker and even outright naive, but everyone is a threat, and ignoring a threat is the most stupid thing someone can do.

8