Chapter 5
444 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

See, it is precisely moments like this that make me believe in the existence of plot-armour, I mean what are the chances of Izuku and Uraraka grabbing the exact same numbers as each other, Ida and Bakugo also grabbing the same number as each other  and, finally, having to go against each other with Ida and Bakugo being villains and Izuku and Uraraka being heroes?

Only them have gotten the exact same match as in cannon.

The chances of things playing out like this should be pretty close to zero, but somehow things occurred in a way in which Izuku would fight his childhood friend/bully/crush?/rival while gaining enough determination to stand up for himself, making the people in class see him as someone with a strong will and impress his crush, it´s almost as if the world gave him the perfect scenario to shine.

"LET THE MATCH BEGIN!"

As much as I want to focus on this match to make sure their characters are the same as in the anime, I need to first deal with the useless waste of space that chose to interrupt my thoughts.

"e-ehm, h-how do you t-think we should f-fight Todoroki and Tokoyami?"

"I am not entirely sure of the plan yet Koda, especially considering that Todoroki is pretty much the best counter for me, I focus on closed combat and against him, getting to close means getting frozen"

"s-so maybe we should t-try to c-catch them by s-surprise?"

Yeah right, lets catch them by surprise even though they are barely going to enter the building and Todoroki will simply freeze everything. Sigh whatever, its not his fault, he simply doesn't know the actual limit of Todoroki´s power nor does he know how arrogant Todoroki is,  well if he freezes the building from the entrance it would be great for us, he will probably lower his guard and enter the bomb room without much care, making it the perfect moment for an ambush.

"Good idea Koda, we'll try hiding and attack them from a blindspot. Once we incapacitate Todoroki we will have to deal with Tokoyami and his shadow together"

Sorry Koda, but the plan I just gave you sucks, still, it does the job of making you shut up while I think of a perfect way to win this without... wait a moment, why do I even have to win this? First of I gain absolutely nothing from defeating them, in fact it would be counterproductive, after all Todoroki might even start taking me seriously, which means that he would have to let go of part of that arrogance and replace it with anger or desire for improvement, both of which are much better fuels to his powers.

I obviously don't want him to actively try to get much better, what kind of idiot would make his enemies stronger? It might not matter once I understand how to take quirks out of people's souls, but since I am not a god yet, better not go around underestimating others, after all there's still many people out there with dangerous quirks.

Take Eri for example, I may be pretty much immortal, especially since no one here has cursed energy or even knows how to exorcise a curse, but I don't know if I can survive being reversed in time and I am not particularly excited on testing that out.

I already have enough with Bakugo wanting to get much stronger and Izuku slowly realising the potential of One for All, I don't need to add Todoroki, who can freeze me from afar to the mix. Its not that freezing me would kill me, not at all, it would however seal me, even if only for some seconds and, during a fight, every second counts.

Wait a moment, he could perhaps start getting an inferiority complex if I defeat him in everything, the question then is, would it be more beneficial having him slightly weaker or having his mind in greater turmoil... well the answer is obvious, who knows maybe this time around Izuku won't be able to help him with his talk-no-jutsu.

Sigh who am I kidding, he would probably still be successful, I mean our dear little Izuku convinced an former hero, someone who was manipulated and betrayed, forced to kill others for greedy politicians to remain in power, someone who saw the worst of society and even thought that a world were All for One ruled would be better than this one, to become ´good´ again and all it took was like 5 seconds and some third rate lines like ´I am a hero so trust me´.

What a shame really, if I wasn't absolutely certain that Lady Nagant has like barely 3 working brain cells and would betray me on the first conversation she had with someone capable of re-igniting her heroic spirit, I would have probably allied myself with her, maybe even tried to release her from prison or something, perhaps even save her from All for One´s abilities by reducing the presence of the quirk she was given in her soul, well whatever.

"Hey Mahito, who do you think will win this battle?"

"I think Izuku and Uraraka will win Momo"

"Really? But Bakugo and Ida are much stronger, besides they have also shown themselves to be very smart, got better scores at both quirk apprehension tests and entrance exam tests, and they even have the advantage of being the villains, so they will have a better knowledge of the terrain"

Hmm how should I answer this? I could play it smart and tell her what will happen, that way she would think I am a genius or something, I could give her a vague explanation using their personalities as the main reason why I go for Izuku´s team, I could simply tell her that I believe in their heroic spirit or some random bullsh*t, sigh so many options.

"Indeed, however Bakugo and Ida tend to clash to often with each other so their teamwork would be disrupted, then there's the fact that Bakugo clearly has something against Izuku based on how he acted during the quirk apprehension test. I think Izuku would be smart enough to notice this and find a way to separate them"

Just kidding, after all Bakugo will separate himself, but it would be weird if I didn't praise a bit the team I am supporting right? No need to say anything even remotely suspicious right now, not when there is a camera on the corner behind us recording our conversations.

"Hmm, it makes sense, but would separating them be enough to win?"

"Maybe, but I would rather bet on the team of 2 during a 2v1. Especially when the 1 is way too arrogant"

"I see..."

"AND THE WINNER IS THE HERO TEAM"

Just as expected, absolutely nothing changed. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but just from seeing their expressions it is not hard to deduce that it must have been something pretty similar to cannon. Izuku got his opportunity to show his determination, just great.

Tsch, maybe I am getting a bit too paranoid? It is not like I will die because Izuku gets to impress a girl or something, I just hate the idea of the universe moving things to help him get stronger, who knows if he will get some random non-sensical power up using the power of friendship.

You may be thinking that it makes no sense, but this is an anime world ruled by anime logic, as real as this world is, some weird things happen. Just like how people don't interrupt each other´s speeches during fights even though attacking immediately would be smarter, just like people shout their attack names before making them, it is not completely impossible for power ups to happen, especially when I still don't know what the quirk of the second user of One for All is, it could be something stupid like the smokescreen one, but it is also possible that it is something absurdly op like danger sense.

It is even more likely for a power up to happen for him, after all his quirk often breaks the boundaries of logic and enters ´anime logic´, take his fight against Muscular for example, Izuku literally used One for All at one million percent. If that isn't plot armour I don't know what is.

"Wow they really won, although I am not sure if it can really be considered winning since both heroes ended up knocked out and both villains are fine"

"Yeah, I didn't think they would have such a hard time in the fight-" of course I did "-they could have taken them out one by one together instead of separating as well but I guess they wanted to prove themselves more than to win this exercise"

Hmm that was pretty good answer, it shows that they won just like I said, making me seem smarter, while also undermining them for being idiots, which will make people subconsciously think of them as less reliable and when someone isn't completely reliable in a profession as stressful and dangerous as being a hero they will face more pressure.

Sure at the beginning it may be almost unnoticeable, but it will eventually get to them, slowly yet surely deteriorating their mental state, tiring them out. Now all I need to do is lower their moments of growth and take away the moments they prove themselves to others. Helping All Might defeat the Nomu? More like getting in the way and injuring themselves for nothing while I save the day, damn I am awesome.

It obviously isn't enough to just say something once and hope others see them in a worst light, but I am confident in taking advantage of every mistake they make and having people undermine them further.

Now it is my time to shine

"Good luck on your match"

"Thanks Momo"

11