Chapter 18
402 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And go!" said Midnight.

Immediately my instincts tell me to jump as the floor below me gets covered by ice.

To be honest I don't really have any reason to win this race, or this event for that matter. I already have my domain expansion which proved to be much stronger than I expected so practising with a couple of heroes on techniques I will most likely never use doesn't sound all that useful now.

Does that mean however, that I will not win this entire sport's festival? The answer obviously is no. I will win this thing despite how boring it is for two reasons. First of all I just gave a speech looking down on others and saying that if they want to prove me wrong they will have to defeat me... will I let them defeat me? F*ck no. The second reason is that I get to annoy and humiliate them a bit, let's be completely honest here... who would say no to that?

From my back two wings emerge and I take flight. The entire course is nothing more than a breeze if you can fly, this isn't even worth looking at. I take the time to look behind, only to find Bakugo and Todoroki doing their best to catch up, yet failing miserably at the task.

I grin at them and see several veins pop on their foreheads.

[ Bakugo pov ]

I am the best, I have always been the best...

Everyone always told me so, my quirk is amazing and I am amazing. I can be the number 1 hero...

So, if I am the best... why are you looking at me like that?!

"GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARD!!!" I scream while using my explosions to propel me further beyond. "I WILL WIPE THAT SMILE OF YOUR FACE WITH MY EXPLOSIONS!"

"Hehe try and catch me then!" he says with the same annoying smile while increasing his speed even further. In an instant he flies over the walls, over the giant robots, and finally over the mine field.

Why? Why if I am the best do I keep losing to that bastard?!

[ Mc pov ]

"And the winner is Mahito!" screams Present Mic.

I smile at that while waving my hand towards the audience, it is important to show appreciation after all.

"BOOOOO!" there are many boos from the audience, but honestly it is better this way, I get to annoy people even more when I keep on winning everything.

As the people start arriving, I can't help but give a slight look of pity to Bakugo and Todoroki, which they absolutely enjoy receiving hahahah.

"WHAT IS WITH THAT LOOK YOU BASTARD!" screams Bakugo.

"Tsch, I will defeat you later so it doesn't matter wether you win now or not." says Todoroki, much more mature than Bakugo but come on, both of them are really petty...

Once the people finish arriving, Midnight announces the next event.

"The next event will be a cavalry battle! Students will get in groups and try to steal headbands from each other! The points each headband is worth will depend on the position in which they arrived during the race!" explains Midnight. "This are the points each position is worth" she says while pointing at the screen. "The number 1 is worth 1 million points!" At this comment, everyone looks in my direction, heh do they really think I am prey they can just do as they please with?

I smile at them, this event is actually a very good thing. I can get Todoroki out of the way, which is perfect since I don't really want to fight him. I could obviously defeat him, but I am not sure if I could win while not using neither idle transfiguration nor domain expansion.

"Hey you got here first right? I am Mei Hatsume, do you mind if I join your group!" she asked, though with the excitement in her voice it ended up sounding more like a comment.

"Sure." I reply with a smile. While I already know she wants to show her inventions, I still need a team and I am not sure of how many will want to play with me.

"Hey man, have room for one more?" asks Kirishima.

"Yeah, you sure you want to though?"

"Of course. If your only friend doesn't team up with you then no one will hahaha!" he says while slightly laughing.

"Hey! I do have friends... sigh I preferred it when you still had the image of me being super popular in your head. Whatever, thanks I guess." I reply.

"Hey hey! I want to join too!" says Mina appearing out of nowhere.

"Okey then, we have four people already, all we need to do now is win this." I say.

"So, do you have a plan? Everyone will be coming after us." said Kirishima.

"Well... it's not much of a plan really, I was just thinking... about throwing my band away." I say with a wide smile.

"What? You do understand that the purpose of the exercise is to have your headband right? It is worth the most after all." said Kirishima.

"Well... I figured it would be a good idea to throw it at Todoroki, let him try to keep it throughout the match and then we get it back."

.

[ ??? pov ]

Finally, finally someone else has said it!

Indeed... this society is filled with fakes. The heroes are nothing more than liars and hypocrites! Huh, perhaps we could get along.

*

*

*

Author note:

Had the idea of a Tokyo Ghoul fanfic with Gyutaro and Ume (Daki's real name) as the main characters. Kind of like them being reborn in Tokyo Ghoul world.

I saw the episode yesterday and honestly it felt like they had so much room for development... anyway it would be before I complete this three fanfics or at least two of the three. I just thought they were great characters and literals cried during their backstory even though I already read the manga and knew about it.

There is also the fact that they are perfect ghouls to be honest and their abilities could be well explained as kagunes.

7