Chapter 19
433 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are all teams ready?!!!" asked Midnight, totally fulfilling her role as the announcer. "Go!"

Suddenly everything turned into a frenzy, well over three quarters of the people started coming in our direction. Kirishima, who was playing the role of 'horse' got a bit nervous and looked in my direction, while I was calmly resting on his shoulders.

"Are you going to do it now?" asked Kirishima, his voice a little bit shaken by the amount of people approaching fast.

"Not yet..." I replied while searching for someone. As soon as I saw my target, a smile appeared on my face.

"You are making that creepy smile again..." said Kirishima.

"HERE YOU GO!" I scream while throwing my headband at Todoroki, who was about to create ice in our direction.

Everyone was left stunned for a moment, clearly confused about why I would throw my headband away.

"AND WE HAVE A SURPRISE! MAHITO HAS TROWN HIS HEADBAND AT TODOROKI!" screamed Present Mic.

"Now!" I say to my group.

In an instant Kirishima starts running in the direction of other teams with a lower headband score while I extend my hands to grab them or Hatsume uses a weird arm-like invention of hers that throws a pinch connected to a metal string from a weird gun.

Taking advantage of the confusion and the sudden shift of attention away from us, we manage to steal the headbands of one full group before running in another groups direction.

Everyone started attacking Todoroki while a few groups attacked each other instead.

"TODOROKI HAS FROZEN A LARGE PART OF THE ARENA AND CREATED A HIGHER GROUND MADE OF ICE! WILL SOMEONE BE ABLE OF GETTING THE ONE MILLION POINT HEADBAND FROM HIM?!" screamed Present Mic while narrating some of the main things currently happening.

"Let's keep taking headbands. Once there are only five minutes remaining we go after Todoroki and recover the one million points, get your...'babies' ready for that Hatsume." I say while looking in my teams direction.

Mina has been doing a good job at keeping others at bay with her acid, it gives us enough time to either gain distance from them or attack them. Hatsume and I continued taking headbands, as for Kirishima... well it is obvious that he is starting to get tired of carrying someone while running around, but I am pretty sure he can keep going until the end fine even if we run around all the time.

"AND WITH ONLY FIVE MINUTES REMAINING TODOROKI STILL HAS THE ONE MILLION POINT HEADBAND." screamed Present Mic.

"Do we go now?" asked Kirishima looking at me.

"Yes... though we will have to be a bit careful, Bakugo will most likely show up at any moment as well and he isn't exactly known for acting in a normal human way so get ready to harden and cover us from his explosions just in case." I reply to him.

"Sure." he says with a determined expression.

As we start making our way in Todoroki's direction we come across Bakugo's team, which is currently trying to destroy the ice Todoroki used to make a platform for himself.

"Let's do this, Hatsume do you have it?" I ask looking in her direction, indicating I want for her to get out a machine she showed me earlier.

"Of course I do!" she answered.

She pulled out a weird device and placed it on the ice and in an instant it exploded.

"Good job." I say looking in her direction. "Also how does the school even allow you to keep stuff like that? I mean it was basically a bomb..."

"Well yes but honestly everything is a bomb if you re-arrange its circuits." she replied.

Hmm, guess she does have a point, every time something fails in anime it explodes so it must be common sense for it to happen here...

The ice on which Todoroki's group was standing was destroyed and they started falling. Bakugo looked in our direction before scoffing and focusing once again on Todoroki.

As soon as Todoroki finished falling and stood up again, Bakugo and his team started attacking. Pretty weird seeing Bakugo wait for someone to recover before attacking them, but it is probably because he wants to prove that he can defeat Todoroki without any advantages.

"SHINEEEE!!!" he screams while blowing up the peaks of ice that Todoroki sends in his direction.

"Let's do it!" I say while looking at my team. In an instant Hatsume uses her arm-gun thingy and shoots it in the direction of Bakugo's team and takes his headband catching him by surprise. Simultaneously, I extend my arm and take the headband from Todoroki, who was busy blocking Bakugo's explosions.

As soon as we grab both the headbands, their direction turns to us.

"AND MAHITO'S TEAM RECOVERS THE ONE MILLION POINTS AND TAKES AWAY BAKUGO'S HEADBAND TOO! WHAT WILL THESE TWO TEAMS DO NOW THAT THERE ARE ONLY TWO MINUTES REMAINING?!" screamed Present Mic.

"Run!" I tell Kirishima.

Bakugo and Todoroki start coming after us with their entire teams.

"Do it now Mina!" I say looking in her direction.

Mina gives a nod and throws away half of our headbands.

Todoroki and Bakugo look at this and an angry expression appears on their faces. That's right, they need the headbands to pass but it is an insult to their pride having to pick them up from the floor after someone stole them.

"ONE MINUTE REMAINING!" screamed once again Present Mic.

They both look at each other and then look in our direction, however we have made more distance between each other using the confusion.

They head in the direction of the thrown headbands and fight over them for a few seconds.

"AND THE TIME IS UP!" said Present Mic.

"Very well, the first team is Mahito's team, second is Monoma's team, third is Asui's team and fourth is Shinso's team!" says Midnight.

Bakugo and Todoroki have shocked expressions, as they look down to see their headbands it becomes clear that they are nothing more that pieces of a shirt...

"Oh hey guys!" I scream in their direction. "I wasn't honestly expecting you to fall for that, but thanks I guess, you made the shirt extra-shirt I had in my locker not go to waste! Also thanks for your headbands!"

They grit their teeth, but that doesn't really matter, because greeting their teeth is all losers can do.

12