Chapter 29 Stadium, Next Gen
628 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the top to the bottom,

From the Inheritance of strength, 

The beginning of arrogance,

To the end from rashness,

Their bodies strong,

But their minds weak, 

They wear the red,

The red of blood and wars,

Donning the sun of arrogance,

May the world forgive them for their sins to come.

- Extracted from the Book of Blood, the Era Of Sins.

...

Three days later, in an arena, an enormous crowd could be seen.

People wearing Red Robes could be seen sitting in it talking excitedly with each other.

Most of them wore a simple Red Robe with no extra markings on it. They were the most many.

Then there were a few much closer to the center, with Red Robes inscribed with a greenish cuff and an image of a green sun on their back. They were less than the previous group, but they still had a large number.

Then the third, even smaller group comprised people with Red Robes and Silver cuffs with a silver sun on the back. They were small in numbers, each of them one in a 100.

The fourth and final group composed of Red Robes with Golden cuff and Golden Sun on the back., they were the least in number, but they also the most silent during this time, they were all looking at the arena with deep eyes, silent.

The 4 groups were sitting in the order of no-color->Green->Silver->Gold, with gold being closest to center and the no color group at the end.

These groups slowly filled the arena and as they did so when the time of the peak, the time when the sun was at its peak came, a fifth group entered, these people only 3 number slowly walked forward, they had white cuffs and a white sun at their back, towards the center of the arena, wherever they passed the surrounding people seemed to grow silent, and then they entered a small pavilion at the edge of the seats at the center.

Just when they have settled down a man came in the pavilion and whispered something to one of the white ones.

The white one nodded and made a sign meaning proceed.

...

“Good Afternoon everyone”

A voice suddenly rang in the arena, startling quite many.

“Thank you all for coming on the momentous day of Genesis, the day of the start, the day of origin, the day when our ancestors finally released themselves from the chains of barbarism and became the powerful and knowledgeable race today.”

The voice of the man said to the audience.

“Years ago they became a man from beasts, taking the first step to hegemony. They fought against the beasts of old and they won it all, but now the glory of our ancestors is becoming more and more forgotten, and now those foreigners are encroaching upon our land, taking over the lands of our ancestors, we will not tolerate this, we will fight! For our ancestors, for our children we will fight!!”

“FIGHT!”FIGHT!"FIGHT!"

then the man waited for the sounds to slowly die out and then said again, “Today we will show them our power, our divinity to them, prove to them all that only we are the true rules of these lands.”

Cheers once again began among the people.

“Now we are stronger, stronger than our previous generations, but we have grown stagnant, stagnant for the powers of the machines, but no more, today we shall once again break the boundary of man and beast, but this time the difference will be of MAN AND GOD!!”

Fierce cheers from all around the stadium.

“BRING OUT THE NEW GEN!!”

As the cheers rang aloud, the gates in the stadium's arena opened and from them came 2 men and 1 woman, dressed in simple loose clothes.

All three of them showed off tightly packed muscles, and with every step, they took they left a deep footprint on the ground.

When they reached the center of the stadium they stopped.

“Let the tests begin”

They then made the three go through several tests like running too and fro between the two sides of the stadium to lifting large rocks and weights, they moved faster, stronger than what the strongest of the humans were capable of by at least 2 times.

“Now you all can see these fine specimens, how strong they are, capable of breaking boulders with fists, and running like wind, but these are just the raw, and simple testes of mundane, what we want to know is can they fight beasts with fists, can they fight, so should we let them fight!!”

“Fight!!”Fight!!"Fight!!"

“So we will have them fight! Release the beasts!”

And so from the opposite side of the NexGen, the gate opened and 3 beasts entered the stadium, 3 wolves with malty green fur and reddish-brown eyes.

They each stood a meter tall, with 2 meters of length, their teeth sharp and ready to bite, while their eyes gleaming with hunger.

“Now Fight!”

And so the brawl between the two sides began.

The wolves ran forward, with one in the middle in the front and the other two on either side.

The three NexGen did not hurry they lowered their fighting posture, balancing themselves and then they too rat towards the wolves.

when the two sides met, the wolves jumped and tried to bite the 3 next gens, but the next-gen just caught the wolves with their hands, then swing them around with extreme force, they spun the wolves, disorienting them, then they threw them to the edge of the stadium.

The wolves yelped and tried to stand up, but just as they were trying to the next gens smashed them back down.

The next few minutes, the next gens just punched the wolves, slowly killing them with their fists.

Finally, the 3 wolves unable to stand-up, just went down, and the next-gen backed away seeing the 3 wolves were barely alive, and just about to die.

As they backed away, the voice rang again.

“Splendid victory! This is the power of our next-gen!”

As the cheers rang through the stadium, one wolf closer to the 3 next gens stirred a bit, relying on god-knows-what-strength. It jumped up toward the backs of the women next-gen.

But the woman could feel the sudden change behind her back and caught the stretched claws in her hand. Kicking the abdomen of the wolf, she broke the sternum of the wolf, killing the battered wolf.

She then throws away the wolf.

Some people come in the arena and checked the 3 next-gen for any injuries, especially the women.

There were no visible injuries on the 2 men, while the women had a minor wound on her palm because of the wolf. Then they took them back through the gate they entered with.

What they did not notice was a few drops of blood slowly seeping in the floor, and some mist rising from it among the blood-stained arena next to the wolf carcass, just where the women had stood.

18