Never let go!
4.9k 9 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was 11 in the night when I finally laid down relaxly on a super deluxe bed. After my belongings were shifted here. I accompanied Tsubaki in her dinner but the real hassle started after that.

I have rejected various things before. A confession from a cute girl. The invitation for a beach party. Even free pass to onsen too. But what I have rejected today, was nothing sort of comparable, to begin with, those things, I mentioned.

The behavior of Tsubaki at school and how she was behaving some minutes ago was total 180°. I mean, in school her warmness and dignified aura blind the people around her, that much of a halo she has. The selflessness she showcases in front of everyone makes the students, as well as various teachers, fawn upon her. I wasn't much different.

But today...

Today I saw the side of Tsubaki Kayo which I guess very few have seen. The way she was blackmailing me with her cute pouts and teary eyes made me look villain stealing candy. It was tough resisting the temptation of cuddling with Tsubaki while I sleep beside her. 

My internal reasoning about taking things slow and urge resistance was about to melt with the warmth which Tsubaki transferred to me while clinging. 

But even after these all temptations I finally got...

....defeated.

"You sure, you don't want me by your side? I am confident that I will be comfortable to hug" Tsubaki was lying on the other end of the bed with a pillow barrier in between us.

I was scared of my movements at night and what if the next day she starts thinking of me as a pervert or sort?

'No this is fine...'

"I am okay. Let's sleep for now". I turned my back toward her and closed my eyes.

" Good night Kazu kun~". 

"Good night Tsubaki". I wasn't sleepy a single bit due to two reasons. The first was because my bed partner was a beautiful girl whome I couldn't even look at properly especially when she has her cute pink pajamas on. 

I felt my cheeks burning as I remembered her figure in that body-tight nightdress.

The second thing was my internal conflicts. Various things happened in a very short time. My parents whome I always thought the closet was, left me like I was a torn rag. They didnt even met me the last time before they left. I wouldn't have stopped them if they talked about it but they decided everything on their own. 

'I am such a loser. Crying out now...' I was about to wipe the tear formed at the corner of my right eye when I felt warmth on my back.

" Hmm?" I didn't try to turn as I figured what was on my back.

"Can you turn toward me?" She asked calmly without any kind of playfulness or embarrassment filled in her voice. I inhaled before turning slowly toward the rest of the bed.

I found Tsubaki lying with her head hung in the air as there was nothing beneath it.

A smile formed on my face just upon seeing her like this, helpless but still concerned about me. I spread my arm and supported her head with her hair clipped between.

"You know, you can share everything with me, right? Even we aren't lovers yet, I was your friend. And if a friend couldn't even share the grief and happiness then what's the advantage of being together?" Her voice was filled with sorrow, like she was crying and soon enough tears started forming in her eyes.

"Hey..hey. Tsubaki? Why are you crying?" I asked while nudging her head lightly as she tried to hide it.

"Seeing you like this, breaks my heart. I couldn't take it. Sorry for being so immature but I can't cover my emotions even for a single minute in front of you". Her tears didnt stop and she started stealing her gaze.

I felt my heart wrecking, as I saw her like this. I brought myself closer to her and tapped her forehead against my chest, bringing our bodies up to the point where we could feel each other's warmth.

" I am sorry for not telling you but I think you already have started healing me. Being close to someone and having someone who cares for you, are important for me. I have thought of my parents as those people but I have already got betrayed. So you being near me and caring for me, felt like I will be left alone again." She sniffed before she spoke.

"Ne*sniffffff* never. I will never leave you. Even the world turn against you or you become fed up with me or start hating me, I will never leave your side. So please trust me and never let go. " I felt the emptiness in my heart slightly filling with her words.

There was a tingly feeling inside me as I heard her words which I haven't felt before and I think she would be the only person who could make me feel this kind of emotion.

Caressing her silky smooth hairs I whispered in a low tone.

"I won't let go. I promise ".

_______________..._________________

Yesterday was a real stress reliever sleep. For some days I was barely sleeping, last night felt extra good. In the morning, when I woke up, Tsubaki wasn't sleeping beside me. I looked at my hands where I held her last night.

'It was too good to be true '. I shook my head before getting up. 

Since I entered the room was during late at night, I wasn't able to check it completely. But now in broad daylight, I could see the whole room.

The room was about 900sq in size with simple colored features built-in. A long wardrobe where Tsubaki's, as well as mine, clothe, were (forcibly) arranged. Beside the wardrobe, there was a study table where notebooks and stationaries were neatly arranged. There were several large sketchbooks that she must use for dress designing and stuff.

Apart from the bed, wardrobe and study table, there weren't many things. A large window that had its curtains closed was giving out partial sunlight.

'She left it to not wake me up...' These small things probably won't be important for many, but for me, it proves that I am needed by someone. 

I slept last night in my casual clothes so after sleeping they became messy. I straightened myself and after a light stretch, I got out of the room.

Just after exiting, a door came to my vision on the left of the room I got out of.

I checked the whole house yesterday, except for this room. The room had a high-security biometric lock in place of a normal knob. I knew what this room contained, but still, I asked Tsubaki in amusement.

Never did I think that she would respond like this...

" I..I..I had my underwear stored inside it". She blabbered whatever came into mind.

"In the whole room?".

" Each corner. I change them every hour ahahaha..please don't ask further..haha". I now know that she sucks at lying.

__..__

I walked down the narrow gallery and entered the dining area.

The first thing I saw was a sight to behold.

Tsubaki had her hair tied in a bun, exposing her pale neck. She was wearing a white top and a dark blue mini skirt underneath. A floral pink apron was tied around her body. I was facing her back so only two strings were visible to me. The dream of every man was now a reality for me. 

'Aaah...I really want to hug her right now.'

____________________

A/N: I know Mc's personality sucks a little but there will be character development. Drop a comment if you are liking the story.

119