Ch. 39 Reappearance of Dragon Kings
295 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later on, when Ryan arrived at their hotel, his doppelganger arose from the shadow as it appeared in front of Ryan. 

It wordlessly gave Ryan the ring that it got from Marisbury Animusphere before disappeared again into his shadow. 

"So, this is Solomon's ring…"

Honestly, it looked no different from an ordinary iron ring sold at the road stall. Even so, the corner of Ryan's eyes twitched slightly when he couldn't see through the ring's essence even after utilizing his innate eyes. What he saw was only a warm, blinding light.

'…even my innate eyes can't see through it. As expected of a God's gift.'

Ryan put the ring on his left index finger as he then turned to look at Artoria and Yu Miaoyi. From the space on his side, Ryan took out a glowing ethereal Frost Dragon Heart and a black book surrounded by black flame.

"I've been thinking about this. I don't know if I can cultivate the Dragon King Arcane Art again after acquiring the Sixth Magic, but there should be no problem for you two. Would you accept it?" 

Ryan asked earnestly as he showed the Frost Dragon King and Destruction Dragon King seed toward Artoria and Yu.

The two women looked at each other. they were in no rush to take the two seeds of Arcane Art. 

"If we don't take it, what will you do?" Artoria smiled softly. 

"Nothing in particular. I'll just store them until I find another way to cultivate them myself. Although, I prefer it if you two would accept these. I want us to be getting stronger together. Besides, the stronger you are, the stronger I become."

"…you should have done this sooner. I will take the book. I have long curious about it." Yu spoke curtly as she directly took the Destruction Dragon King Arcane Art. She glanced at Artoria, seemingly sneered a little. "What 5-stars or 4-stars Servant. I will ground you to the floor after I've done finishing this book, Lion King." 

Artoria was not surprised seeing Yu's action. She took the ethereal Dragon Heart as she looked at it with unexpected affection. Artoria glanced at Yu as she smiled calmly, "But I've got his heart." 

Yu Miaoyi: "…" 

Ryan: "…" 

Girl, stop it… you're making me shy.

Ryan's expression didn't change in the slightest after hearing Artoria's sudden attack. Though, his ears seemed to turn slightly red due to the heat. 

Ryan then helped them to fuse with the Dragon King Arcane Art. Since he already had hands-on experience on it, the process went smoothly. 

After they had successfully fused with their respective seeds, their aura seemed to have changed, tinted with dragon aura. 

Icy blue flame flared silently around Artoria. They slowly formed an apparition of Frost Dragon behind her back before they disappeared into her body. 

[Frost Dragon King Arcane Art (Level 1 - Heart Transformation) (50%)] 

Originally, Artoria already possessed Dragon Core since her birth. Now that she came into contact with a Dragon King Arcane Art, her Dragon Core was merged forcefully by the Arcane Art. It became the Arcane Art's nourishment and helped her to quickly adapt with the Dragon King Arcane Art. 

Meanwhile, black phantom of Evil Dragon appeared behind Yu Miaoyi as she tried to fuse with the Arcane Art tome. The phantom of Evil Dragon roared proudly to the sky, holding disdain on Heaven and Earth, before it merged with Yu Miaoyi. 

[Destruction Dragon King Arcane Art (Level 1 - Heart Transformation) (30%)] 

At same time, there was a change on Ryan's status panel. It showed that the stats of both Artoria and Yu had been raised slightly and they also acquired new ability after their fusion with the Dragon King Arcane Art. 

Artoria and Yu then went quiet as they entered into their own meditative state. They were trying to adapt to their new ability and familiarized themselves with their Dragon King Arcane Art. 

After he confirmed that both women had no problem with their fusion, Ryan himself proceeded to fuse with the translucent crystal that Archer left for him. 

Holding it on his palm, Ryan activated Demon King Arcane Art to absorb the essence inside the crystal. Soon, white fog continuously poured into every pore on Ryan's body, making him look like a smoked man... 

[Acquired "Thousands-Arts Battle Record (EX)".] 

Insight of numerous battles were soon imprinted into Ryan's mind the more he absorbed that white fog. 

At that moment, Archer's past battles were continuously replayed inside his mind, as if he personally participated inside those battles. 

The way Archer breathed, his battle postures, his insights, and his responses to various battle situations; they were all simulated and engraved into Ryan's psyche and body, instilling perfect memory into him. 

With such elaborate imprint, even if there was a case when Ryan lost his memory, his body would still remember those battle techniques and react accordingly to any dangerous situations he might have encountered. 

After the last lingering fog was absorbed, Ryan slowly opened his eyes. 

There seemed to be a flash of lightning gleaming within his eyes for a moment before it disappeared like an illusion. His demeanor also seemed to have changed, becoming more enigmatic. 

"That bastard. He only put the memories related to battle in that crystal." 

Ryan originally wanted to see what the future might hold for him. However, Archer seemed to be aware of it and only put memories related to his battles inside the crystal. 

Although it was quite regretful, but even Archer's battle insights was also quite bountiful harvest. 

Even after they had been imprinted into his mind and body thoroughly, Ryan might have to spend some time to fully incorporate Archer's techniques with his own style. After all, he could not keep staying inside Archer's shadow. 

Still, that was truly a tall order. 

Ryan had realized it deeply after he saw Archer's battle memories just now. Comparing his experience with Archer's, Ryan felt that his own experience was like a small lake, while Archer's was like an ocean. 

Their gap was so wide that Ryan almost felt crushed after realizing it. Truly, sometimes, being ignorant was such a bliss. 

Even so, if one doesn't have any ambition, what's their difference with salted fish? 

Ryan decided that surpassing Archer was merely another step in his life. He would definitely step higher and higher until not even the Heavens would be able to contain him. 

"This is the last puzzle." 

Ryan took out the mysterious rainbow-colored stone (?). 

When Ryan held the rainbow stone, he could feel his soul throbbing in excitement. It was as though the stone was a great tonic for his soul. 

Just like what he did to the crystal, Ryan utilized the Demon King Arcane Art to absorb the essence of rainbow stone. Soon after, multicolored lights were flowing toward him, covering him from head to toe. 

Just like a moth to flame, those lights flowed into his body as they directly went toward the gate within his soul. 

That gate was soon glowing with multicolored lights, gleaming with various colors like a mystical rainbow gate. The engraving on its frame became clearer and exuded mysterious aura which, albeit only a little bit, nourished his soul in turn. 

When Ryan's soul sense arrived in front of that gate, he could feel that the two guardian statues were staring at him, giving him a warning. Though, that feeling soon disappeared like it was never there. 

'...looks like they won't let me have it easy, eh.' 

With the gate being nourished by these multicolored lights, it was slowly becoming more complete and gradually turning corporeal. Ryan had a feeling that if he truly managed to push open that gate, he would probably reach an unknown realm behind that gate. 

Before he could do it though, he would need to face the two guardian statues... 

Ryan smiled lightly as he restrained his desire to challenge those two guardian statues. He retracted his soul sense as he opened his eyes, 'Soon. It isn't yet the time.' 

After having absorbed the rainbow stone, he could feel that there was not much improvement on his physique nor his soul. However, it had filled what the gate lacked, pointing him a path he could take in the future. 

Now, however, he still had other matters he would like to do first before he went to challenge the guardian statues.  

'Status.'

[Name]: Emiya Ryan 

[Strength]: C+

[Vitality]: C+ 

[Dexterity]: C+ 

[Spirit]: EX 

[Luck]: C 

[Innate]: Heaven's Gaze (C) 

[Essence Point]: 7.9 

[Skill]: 

• Six-Paths of Samsara (True Magic) (–) 

• Demon King of Domination Arcane Art (level 5 – Soul Transformation) (30%) 

> Seal of Samsara (2/6) 

>> Devour the Sky 

>> Geass of Fealty 

• Magecraft (B): 

> Mana Bullet (A+) 

> Refinement (A) 

> Gradation Air (A+) 

> Transmutation (B) 

> Mirror Alter (B) 

> Boundary Field (C) 

> Rhongomyniad Alter (A) 

• Connection to the [Root] (B) 

• Thousands-Arts Battle Record (EX) 

• Soul Contractor: 

> Yu Miaoyi (Assassin) 

[Strength]: C+

[Vitality]: A+ 

[Dexterity]: D+ 

[Spirit]: A+  

[Luck]: E 

[Skill]: 

>> Presence Concealment (B) 

>> Incarnated Spirit (A) 

>> Taoist Winged Sage (A) 

>> Bloodsucking (C) 

>> Destruction Dragon King Arcane Art (Level 1 – Heart Transformation) (30%) 

>>> Hellflame Burst (D) 

> Artoria Pendragon (Lancer) 

[Strength]: B+ 

[Vitality]: A+ 

[Dexterity]: A  

[Spirit]: A 

[Luck]: C 

[Skill]: 

>> Magic Resistance (B) 

>> Riding (A) 

>> Mana Burst (A) 

>> Torrent of Light (A+) 

>> Charisma (B) 

>> Invisible Air (C) 

>> Rhongomyniad (A++)

>> Frost Dragon King Arcane Art (Level 1 – Heart Transformation) (50%) 

>>> Frost Manipulation (D) 

"..." 

Oh, although it still lacks the explosive strength of my previously cultivated Frost Dragon King Arcane Art, I have more diverse skills now. Not to mention that I can also borrow Artoria's and Yu's skills. 

Essence Points worked like a skip button for raising stats and cultivating skills. With it, one could save up a lot of times used for training and directly gained the result one would likely get after training normally. 

'Really, looks like I have to find more EP.' 

With enough EP, it probably wouldn't take too long time before he regained the Dragon Transformation ability again. Either the Frost Dragon Transformation, or Evil Dragon Transformation. 

"You done?" Yu glanced lightly toward Ryan when she saw him opening his eyes. 

In turn, Ryan also saw that both Yu and Artoria had finished adapting to their respective Dragon King Arcane Art. 

"Good. Looks like we can depart now." Ryan nodded. He then took out Jeweled Sword Kaleidoscope. 

"…are you really fine with leaving it like that?" Artoria suddenly asked him as her gaze pierced into him and Yu Miaoyi. 

After her fusion with Frost Dragon King Arcane Art, a chilling sensation could be felt swirling around her. She now gave off the image of an icy queen. 

Yu Miaoyi looked to the side as she heard Artoria's question, acting as though it was not related to her at all. Though, it was her who pushed the incident to happen in the first place. 

"It's fine. I am not mad at Yu. It's not her fault. Besides…" 

'It's too early to say if I've really given up on Hinako.' Ryan thought silently. 

Even after sometimes passed since that day, although he had tried to erase the image of Hinako Akuta in his heart, he still couldn't help keeping the last trace of her existence. 

If anything, it could be said to be his obsession which prevented him to completely shut his feeling about her. 

Not to mention that he was also accompanied by Yu Miaoyi every day. It was hard not to think of Hinako Akuta when her other self was with him for most of time… 

"…" 

Even so, Artoria still kept her gaze on Yu Miaoyi despite his affirmation. 

"Geh. Fine. I'll back down for now. But, let's try to see who is stronger between us the next time we meet, Lion King." Yu suddenly said as she disappeared into the shadow. 

Ryan looked back at the smiling Artoria who had achieved her goal. Artoria explained, "I merely suggested for her to stay for a bit. You can think of it as her punishment for that matter." 

"Thought so." Ryan muttered softly. 

"Even if we can travel to other worldline with the Second Magic, there is no guarantee that we can return to our own worldline after that. We can use your connection with her to guide us in our way back." 

Ryan was speechless. Her explanation definitely made sense, but her true goal should be another matter entirely. 

"Now, shall we go, Master?" Artoria smiled brightly with glowing radiance as she reached out to Ryan's other hand. 

'Master, eh… does she want to us to play-pretend as Master and Servant again in other wordline? Come to think of it, we still haven't done proper dates before; a date just for the two of us. But, to make world-tavelling a date plan… it's something which only come out in story book. But, heh, that might be fun too.' 

Ryan smiled to himself as he channeled his sense into the Jeweled Sword. At that moment, clustered images of various worldlines suddenly flooded his mind like there was no end. 

Amidst the flood of images from various worldlines, Ryan tried to focus his sight on the particular worldline which resonated with Solomon's ring. 

After few times trying to look for it, Ryan finally felt that connection. 

"Found it." 

Ryan grabbed Artoria's hand as he laughed lightly like a free wind, "Let's go. We shall have our date now." 

"Uhn." 

A trace of red appeared on her face for a moment before it disappeared. Artoria nodded slightly as she felt warm in her heart. 

When she was alive, she had been living as a noble King who lived and fought for her people's sake. 

She abandoned her woman side and yearning, as she sought to fulfill her duty and destiny. 

She fought, marched on, and waged wars. All to protect and bring peace to her people. 

In the end, though, her kingdom was eventually ruined in her reign after she brought it to a great, untold height when she managed to unify the land and repelled the invaders. 

The reason for its destruction was not because of outside invader, but it was destroyed from within. She...ended up facing betrayal from her own knights. 

Now, although she still felt that end was quite regrettable, she could look at her past with some understanding. 

Even if her kingdom was destroyed and ruined at the end of her reign, but its people and spirit still lived on. 

The country might change. The land might change. But, their spirit still stayed the same. Her Britain was passed on to the present era. 

She was people of the past history of human. That was an undeniable truth. Even so, now that she was free of her duty and destiny... 

'It is fine for me to seek the long-forgotten wishes, right?' 

Ryan poured an unbelievable amount of mana into the Jeweled Sword as he slashed into the space in front of them. 

A portal which fit the size of two people appeared in front of Ryan. He brought Artoria with him as they then stepped into that portal. 

Though, unbeknownst to Ryan, their destination was already altered by a certain someone... 

"HaHaHa! Enjoy your trip at the other worldline first, young man. Don't rush into that worldline. You are quite clever to use that ring as a catalyst. But, unfortunately, that is my sword you're using." 

Old man Zelretch laughed lightly as he appeared in the room, though he soon disappeared again after that. 

10