Ch. 59 Elimination; [Tyrant]
261 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, despite his outer calm appearance, Ryan was currently fighting a hearty battle inside a special place. 

He was fighting alongside giant vicious beasts and ancient races of primordial era. 

To be exact, it was his consciousness which was pulled into the scene of battlefield depicted by the mural at white hall's central dome. 

"Hahaha! I just arrived, yet something interesting has already happened. If this is Earth, it really has become quite fun!" 

Ryan appeared minuscule amidst those behemoths. Even so, he was laughing heartily as he fought with any beasts nearby him. 

Although, it seemed like he was the weakest being there... 

Splat! 

A slap from a ten-armed, steel-backed Ape sent Ryan flying to the ground. He immediately turned into a mincemeat grotesque patty. 

Yet, since it was merely a replication of the battle happened at distant past, no matter how much Ryan died at that place, he would be revived as long as his mind could handle it. 

"This is fun! Let's go at it again!" 

He laughed heartily as he went toward a Nine-headed Serpent which appeared not far from his place. 

After sneaking few attacks on it, Ryan was able to cut one of its heads before he was severed on his waist and poisoned to death, dying again. 

Soon, he was revived again at the place he last died. 

He then went toward six-winged diamond beetle as he ripped one of its wings. Yet, once again, he was killed after his head was crushed into meat paste by the furious beetle. 

When he was revived again, Ryan didn't immediately rush to fight again. He noticed that several strange runes seemed to appear on his body. Apparently, those runes began to appear after he was repeatedly killed in this special realm. 

He could feel a kind of power was brewing from those runes as he got slightly stronger each time new runes appeared on his body. 

'As long as one could handle the torturous deaths, one could gain the rewards, eh… 

'This may be an opportunity for us.' 

Ryan immediately thought of the ladies. 

Regardless of their origin, now that they arrived at this new world, they were considered a newcomer. A greenhorn. 

Moreover, people of different worlds, cultures, and races gathered here, mixing in one giant community. At such place, conflicts were bound to arise. 

When such conflicts happened, the weak would be the prey, while the strong would become the hunter. 

And, Ryan wanted to be the hunter. 

He also wished for the ladies not to be the prey; he wanted them to be the hunter too. 

As such, Ryan called them through a mind transmission, 

'I've found something interesting here. You can go all out, and even increase your strength in this place.' 

Ryan was also able to pull their consciousness to this place through the connection on their soul. However, how much they could receive from this place would depend on their own will and perseverance. 

Later, when the ladies' consciousness appeared at the primordial battlefield, what appeared on their vision was the sight of Ryan being crushed to death by a dragon elephant. 

"Huh?" 

Confusion. Concern. Alarmed. 

They felt a mixture of feeling when they suddenly saw Ryan dying like that… 

Although, they were soon dumbfounded when they watched how Ryan was resurrected at the same place he died. 

Also, some mysterious runes were glowing lightly around his figure before they were absorbed into his body. 

Ryan waved at the ladies before he rushed again toward another behemoth; a three-headed demon dragon. 

"That crazy guy…!" 

"He… he… he isn't telling us to go die over and over at this place, right?" Ereshkigal shook her sister, Ishtar, as she felt goosebumps in her heart. Her face turned pale at that instant. 

Ishtar and Ereshkigal shivered slightly. 

But, regardless of their feeling, they still braced themselves to raise their weapon and started their hunt. 

They were afraid– afraid that Ryan would 'punish' them so hard like that time... 

"Ara~ what a good training ground. You should also exercise a little more, goddess Ereshkigal." 

"As expected of my lord! He's really full of spirit!" 

"Hmm…" 

Raikou, Ushiwakamaru, and Medusa quickly joined the fray after they understood what Ryan was doing. 

They were soon followed by both Artoria Lancer and Saber who were competing to see who would last longer in this place. 

Jeanne had a firm gaze as she looked at the devastating battle between behemoths in this primordial era. 

"Everyone…" Jeanne muttered to herself as she gripped her flag-bearer tightly. 

When she looked at Ryan and the other ladies who were getting pummeled here and there, Jeanne felt slightly disoriented. 

Yu Miaoyi replied lightly, "What did you expect? Just like how he's dyed in our colors, we are also dyed in his color, Jeanne." 

She raised her flaming pair of swords as her figure was covered in black flame. 

"No matter where it is, the world is generally unkind. We shall carve a path for ourselves, lest we become other's sacrificial lambs." 

When they saw that Ryan has walked so far in his path, 

Even if they also knew that he wouldn't abandon them, they couldn't help but wanting to keep up to his steps at least. 

"Besides, don't you think that we also have our own pride?" 

...they were not mere flowers in the garden; they had their own desire and dreams.  

Yu Miaoyi spoke those words in her heart as she glanced at Jeanne briefly before rushing toward the battlefield. 

A pair of black burning wings faintly appeared behind her as she charged at a gigantic butterfly with countless skull on its wings. 

Jeanne was lost in thought for a while. After sometimes passed, a determined light flashed within her eyes. 

She raised her flag-bearer with a firm heart to join the fray. She thought softly, 'It's fine if you want to become stronger, but I won't let it be your obsession, Ryan.' 

Jeanne promised to herself before she joined the battlefield at last. 

Outside, at the white hall. 

A few hours passed quietly without much happening inside the white hall. 

Some instances of teleportation appeared from time to time during this period as Rankers who passed the first stage was summoned to this hall. 

However, suddenly, a red light flashed quickly as someone covered in raging flame bolted from that light. 

A middle-aged man with large build, wearing scarlet armor, roared loudly the moment he arrived, 

"Where is that fucker?!" 

He was so furious that his mana turned into blood-red flame which burned fiercely around him. 

Although, unbeknownst to others, a cunning gleam seemed to flash imperceptibly within his eyes despite his outwardly rage. 

That man glanced around for a bit before his gaze quickly focused on Ryan and his entourage. As he looked at them, he was filled with malice and desire. 

Without much words, he immediately shot out, carrying a fierce momentum like an earth dragon charging through the mountain. 

His fist clad in blood-red aura, half of his body were covered in scales, and spikes grew from his back. 

"Fucker! You've finally arrived here! Return me my son!" 

As long as he didn't kill someone, even if he crippled his target, he could still handle the repercussion. 

Crippling, maiming, severing their limbs; all were fine as long as no one died. 

Moreover, he had the reason. He possessed the room to wiggle around if the administrator questioned this incident. 

Not to mention, this was also what 'he' wished for him to do. 

As long as he could get that young lord to owe him a favor, he didn't mind letting his son dying over and over as a bait. He could just make another son later on. 

However, this chance to get a favor from one of young lords of [Olympus] was scarce. 

As such, he felt elated when he saw his target was still unresponsive to his incoming assault. 

Like an idiot, the black-robed man was still staring quietly at the center dome despite the danger he was in… 

Whether that black-robed man was an idiot or not, that didn't matter. 

Even if that black-robed man managed to rouse any defense in hurry, Jason Vandrick believed that he could still thoroughly cripple him in this close distance at very least. 

"Eat this, sucker–!" 

A scarlet fist brimming with fierce aura shot out toward Ryan. 

Jason grinned lightly when he saw his punch was about to hit the black-robed man. It was as if he could see the bright future he'd have after completing 'his' request. 

"...huh?" 

Contrary to what he thought, an invisible barrier suddenly appeared, forcefully stopping his fist in its track. 

At same time, a repulsive force came to him like a surge of flood when he was slightly surprised, sending him flying a few distance away. 

"Damn it! I don't believe you can hold out for long, kid!" 

With such strong barrier skill, normally it should take considerable amount of mana to maintain. 

Jason immediately shot out again as he applied greater force on his punch.  

Bam! 

Another figure was shot back at equal speed he rushed at the barrier. 

"Fuck! Are you a damned turtle?!" 

Bam! Bam! Bam! 

Consecutive punches shot out in quick succession as Jason went all out in his assault. 

Yet. 

Despite his furious assault, that barrier still stood strong, seemingly unaffected. 

At this point, the onlookers already focused their attention on this free entertainment. Some of them snickered, some laughed in schadenfreude, some looked at Jason like he was an idiot... 

'Those fuckers! Do you think this is a fucking joke?!' 

At this point, it wasn't only a matter of doing favor to that young lord. He just wanted to smash the barrier out of his pride. 

He was Jason Vandrick, the guildmaster of [Red Lizard] guild. A titled Ranker. 

For him to not be able to teach 'lesson' to a newbie, his pride was unable to stomach it! 

"Good. Good. Good. 

"You've forced my hand, kid. Since you're so stubborn, I shall let you realize the cruel reality of this world!" 

Apparition of scarlet, flaming lizard grew large behind Jason Vandrick. 

When he raised his fist, preparing his stance, that apparition merged with him and his aura suddenly became several times stronger. 

"Burning Fist - Total Annihilation!" 

As he punched out his fist, a large shadow of flaming fist followed it and struck the barrier at same time. 

Crack... Crack... Crack... 

As a result, cracks began to appear on Ryan's barrier. 

At that time, multicolored lights gradually appeared from inside the barrier. Their light brought quite a curiosity from the onlookers who paid attention to that place. 

Boom! 

The barrier was finally broken after taking many hits quietly. 

However, it was what appeared after the barrier broke which made many people in the white hall shocked. 

Phantoms of various behemoths were displaying their splendor as ten people underneath them were shrouded in mystical runes. 

Mythical sparrow clad in furious wind and lightning. 

Six-armed Asura baring its weapons at the heaven. 

Nine-headed Serpent roaring to the world. 

Frost Dragon and Scarlet Dragon flying through the sky. 

Demonic Dragon looking down arrogantly at the world. 

Phoenix gazing at the world with indifference. 

Light Elemental King. 

Dark Elemental Queen. 

Faceless figure shrouded inside the chaotic mist. 

... ... ... 

It was silent. 

The gathered participants inside the white hall were too stunned to react when those apparitions showed their glory to the entire hall. 

Though, some of the knowledgeable ones quickly understood its significance and the tremor it would cause to the Rankers present here. 

"Holy shit! Arcane Imprint actually appeared!" 

"Ten of them at once! These crazy mofos... just who are they?" 

A few immediately thought of getting their hands on those Arcane Imprint, or at least getting those people possessing them under their control. 

"Huft… and here I thought this session of Trial of Destiny would be boring. These guys sure make it livelier, right?" 

The young lord smiled lightly when he saw those apparitions. His gaze contained a fervent desire to acquire the ladies even more. 

"But, the performance of Red Lizard's guildmaster is too lacking. Clean the traces of our association with him. You know what to do, Arvin." 

He narrowed his eyes slightly as he glanced at his loyal attendant. 

"Understood." 

"Good. Now, let's 'help' our fellow friends who've just arrived at the Tower–" 

Before the young lord finished his words, a loud bang overwhelmed his voice. Coincidentally, the figure of Red Lizard's guildmaster was crashing down toward his direction. 

"Hm?" 

Previously, when the barrier of [Ruins of the End] was destroyed, Ryan already opened his eyes. He then gazed coldly at his surroundings. 

When he saw the greed and desire on their eyes, he sneered. 

"Who dared to disturb my training? Come forward, I won't kill you." 

Evil miasma gushed out of him like a group of flood dragon, coiling and shrouding him affectionately like a pet to their owner.  

When these greedy people watched the evil miasma, it was as though a bucket of cold water poured on them. They instinctively retreated in wariness. 

However, one person was grinning angrily as he shot toward Ryan. 

"Damned turtle, you finally come out of your stupid shell!" 

Like a furious Earth Dragon, Jason Vandrick stomped hard on the ground as he thrusted forward, brandishing his blood-red spear with forceful might. 

"So, it's you. Very well, I did say I won't kill you, but I didn't say anything about sparing you either." 

His lips curled upward slightly as a wicked grin appeared on his face. 

The faceless figure shrouded in chaotic mist above Ryan was absorbed into his body, a demonic staff coalesced from his evil miasma, and he replied with an even greater force. 

Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! 

The first strike destroyed Jason's blood-red spear. The second strike hit Jason's head. The third strike sent him flying. 

Kuagh! 

Jason Vandrick coughed some blood as he flew through to the air like a broken kite. 

Thud. 

His figure laid coldly in front of the young lord as he fainted. Ryan's consecutive hits already broke his chest and fractured his skull… 

"Hmph. Any of you dare to come forward? I promise I won't kill you." 

Ryan glared coldly as he held the demonic staff firmly, planting it in the ground in front of him as though it was a pillar which connected the earth and sky. 

He didn't forget to raise another barrier to keep the ladies safe and undisturbed while they were integrating with the Arcane Imprint they got from the primordial battlefield. 

The situation became tense all of sudden. 

Those people who were greedy for those Arcane Imprints felt like they were riding a fierce tiger. 

They were unable to stop as they were sure that the black-robed man already saw through their intention, yet they were also afraid to end up worse than that pathetic Red Lizard's guildmaster. 

At such moment, a small, cute girl suddenly appeared floating on the center of white hall. 

That little girl possessed a pair of devil wings, her face was round with slightly bigger eyes which looked quite adorable. She wore a fitting purple dress which accentuating her lithe figure, holding a small trident, and riding atop a flying broom. 

Just like an adorable little witch. 

"Whoa~ whoa~ you're all getting lively. Are you all getting excited for the second trial already? Lily is so happy~~" 

At once, the rowdy crowds suddenly quietened down. The previous tense atmosphere froze as they all put their attention on the little witch. 

If one looked at their gaze, one could notice the dread and fear within their gaze when these people looked at the cute girl floating above them. 

"Hum~ Hum~ Hum~ Lily is happy, but she's also confused. The participants this time are too many…" 

The little witch, Lily, looked puzzled as she gazed at the gathered participants below her. 

'What to do… Ah, Lily remembers! According to the manual; [if it's too much, just cut it down]. Since the manual said so, it wouldn't be wrong!' 

She then looked at the participants with sad expression as she spoke, 

"Ehem. Attention to all participants. It's unfortunate, but only ten groups would be eligible to participate in the second trial. 

"Therefore, please eliminate the useless trashes here, dear participants~~" 

Some Rankers who barely passed the first trial with luck suddenly trembled when they saw her lovely smile as she ordered a massacre among them. 

"Oh, what a coincidence. I also feel there are too many eyesores here." 

The young lord from [Olympus] smiled lightly. He gave the hint to his guards to take action swiftly. 

On the other side, Ryan merely shrugged slightly. He was ready to accept any challengers who were not convinced of his might. 

Around fifteen minutes passed since the little witch announced the elimination order. And the result– 

Ten groups were already divided among the Rankers after a gruesome battle between them. 

1. [Olympus] 

2. [Valhalla] 

3. [Returners Hall] 

4. [Soaring Dragon] 

5. [Devil Slayer] 

6. [Spirit Palace] 

7. [Demon League] 

8. [Heaven Sealing Sect] 

9. [Blood Clan] 

10. [Tyrant] 

Due to Ryan wasn't particularly active in attacking other participants and merely defending his place, he and his entourage placed the last among the surviving Rankers. 

"But, really... out of all names, why is it [Tyrant]? Won't it just paint us in bad light?" Jeanne was stunned, slightly speechless when she came to know the name that Ryan chose for their group. 

"Well, beats me. It sounds cool, right?" 

Hearing his answer, Jeanne added another promise to herself; 

If she ever has children with him later on, she would pick their name first rather than allowing Ryan to name them as he pleases... 

"Good~ now that ten groups are already formed, let's advance to the second trial!" 

The little witch giggled happily as she explained the second trial. 

"First, each group should choose their side; 

1) Red Faction 

2) Blue Faction 

3) Non Faction 

"Each faction would have different missions and perks~ so, choose wisely, brave warriors!" 

A notification appeared on each group's representative which showing the available choice. 

At this point, Ryan and the ladies were of the same opinion; they agreed to choose [Non Faction]. 

It had no visible perks. However, it was granted freedom to complete their mission without the restrictions from a faction. 

When the other groups finished their choice, the little witch smiled joyfully, "Hehehe~ You all have chosen your faction, right? Good. With this, the preparations are complete." 

Then, she clasped her hand together as though she was praying. 

"Have a safe trip everyone, may you find what you wish!" 

Soon, bright lights engulfed the surviving Rankers and sent them to the world of second trial. 

12