Chapter 6: Runaway
1.2k 5 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The demon lord summoning was successful, and so was the seduction. Actually, it was really successful. It was love at first sight. The demon lord went straight on his knees upon seeing the duchess, and they promptly kissed. I'd be jealous, but I've realised I'm not into demons. They then locked themselves inside her room. Let me tell you, the worst part of being a maid is cleaning, especially messy beds. Well, that's a lie. I just personally hate cleaning. I'd rather be a tea maid. Tea design is my passion.

Anyways, it's been a month or two since the demon lord was summoned, and in that time, a hero and his party came to attack. News sure gets around. Then again, the demon lord and the duchess did go crazy about conquering surrounding countries. Speaking of that, you'd think becoming the empress of a bunch of places would mean you'd get more servants, but to this day, I'm still the only maid. What the actual fuck?

Back to the hero, he ended up getting seduced by the duchess. I can't tell if it's because of her looks or because she's just lucky. Probably lucky. The hero's party also ended up bringing the Summoner back here, mistaking him for one of our generals. He's part of the harem now. He's my favourite harem member since all he does is ask me to make him tea. As for the demon lord and hero, I don't like them. Never asking me to make them tea.

The rest of the hero's party was made up of a priestess, a ranger and a ninja. Why a ninja? I didn't even know those things actually existed. Since the hero ended up siding with the duchess, who is going by Demon Empress right now (I'm still going to call her either duchess or boss), we had to imprison his party. Right now, I'm staring at the ranger, tied up in a cell and her head covered with a potato sack. I'm munching on some popcorn, just watching her. She's been here for a while, although I haven't seen her face. She doesn't need to eat for some reason, which is really weird. Well, I'll get the chance to learn about that and more.

"Learn more?" Eh? Did you hear what I'm thinking? "You don't think. You say it all out loud. I've literally been listening to you for the past five days rambling on and on about the most random of shit, and I'd be sick of it if it weren't my only source of entertainment here. Now hurry up and say what your plan is. I have the urge to go to sleep."

"Okay, okay. I say you and I go on a road trip and become lifetime buddies after many tribulations. You know, like one of those novels? You can be my straight man. You've clearly got it in you."

"Yeah, sure."

"Wait… really?"

"I've got nothing better to do. The hero is fucking the Evil Empress, and I heard the ninja and priestess escaped a few days ago."

"That explains why they're not in their cells. Why'd they leave you, though?"

"Those two lust over each other so much they forget I exist. Heard those two found out about their love in the middle of a threesome with the hero."

"I knew they were fucking. Parties like those are always fucking. How about you? You get in on any of the action?"

"Ew, no. I'm not important enough for that stuff anyway. Now take off this sack."

"Aye aye, captain!" I took off the sack to reveal a face. Faaaaace. More importantly are her eyes, however. Hidden behind sleepy, half-closed eyelids, I could see beautiful green eyes. Such a succulent shade of green. Green that just sucked me in. Mmm… suck.

Side Character

You are a side character. You know your fates.

Side Note: A familiar face to all, yet never truly known. A sad fate, is it not, Side Note?

Side Character? What a wei-

"Did you just say Side Character?"

"What? No. I just thought it."

"I said earlier you don't think things. You say it out loud, dimwit."

"Oh. Then yes, I did say Side Character."

"Hmm… interesting. Not even Appraisal or Nigh-Omniscience could see it." She stood up and pondered before grabbing my shoulders. "I've decided to run away with you."

"Huh? I thought that's what we're gonna do."

"Originally, I was going to knock you out after you freed me."

"What made you change your mind?"

She stood thinking for a minute. "I like your face."

"So you'll sleep with me?"

"No." An immediate answer!

"Damn."


Character profile: ??? (Depends on identity).

Sacred Power: Side Character.

Number of identities: Remembers 16, probably more.

Description: The eternal Side Character, forced to play fourth to seventh fiddle in many stories. There would be more in this description, but that'd be no fun. You'll find out more on this journey. Probably.

Chapter namesake: Runaway by Kanye West.

68