Chapter 12: Despacito
989 6 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was woken up by the sound of nearby music. It was a song I had never listened to before, in a language I had never heard. It certainly wasn't like the typical bard's ballad, as there wasn't the familiar lute I had heard in the Queen's castle many times, nor was it the pure voice of a bard. I felt like there was some sort of enhancement on the song. I couldn't help but find myself confused as I analysed this song. Before I got out of bed to investigate the source, Mel promptly shot up with an angered look on her face.

"JEREMY YOU DICKHEAD. STOP PLAYING DESPACITO IN…" Her mad face quickly turned into a sorrowful look, as if she had realised something, "in the morning… must've been a nightmare." She sighed before attempting to go back to sleep.

That angry look… was kind of hot. Is it that I like mad faces, or that I like Mel? Clearly, it's because I like pissing off people. I remember when an old master of mine hated when I sang in the morning. I was about to go back to sleep too before her eyes opened and met mine. "Do you hear that too?".

"The song? I do. I'm tempted to dance."

"Please don't dance."

"I think I'm quite the capable dancer."

"Dance to anything but this song."

"Do you know the song?"

"I… know of it."

"Do you dislike it?"

"I hate it. My hatred for it runs so deep, you'd mistake it for the abyss itself."

"That is very edgy."

"Okay, miss Crazy Maid."

"Hey! I'm not always crazy or a maid!"

"Isn't that your occupation?"

"Not really."

"What do you mean not really?"

"Kind of hard to be a maid without a master. Unless…"

"No."

"I'll listen to anything you say."

"Anything?."

"Anything."

"Tempting, but still no."

"Damnit."

"Now, let's get out. I want to knock out the source of the noise."

"You sure like knocking out people."

"Consider it the quirk of this identity."

"I preferred the merchant."

"I do too."

We got up and out of the tent to find two women sitting down on a log, an elf holding a spoon in the mouth of a human. Next to them was a boiling pot of soup. Wait… soup and an elf. "Wait, aren't you the elf from that temple?!"

"That was indeed I. Coincidence meeting you here. I see the clamour has awakened you two, apologies about that."

"Why the fuck is there Despacito playing?" The human enjoying the soup quickly froze upon hearing the word before nervously and slowly facing Mel.

"T-that would be because of me."

"Hah?"

"Ah!" She quickly fell behind the log then scootched over to the elf's behind.

"Please be soft on my friend. Her experience with people is unfortunately lacking."

"Something to do with the song constantly playing?"

"Very much. Her own parents were driven to insanity, so isolation is something she has grown very much accustomed to."

"Aww… so sad. Too bad all the sympathy I had was thrown away by this stupid song. Also, why are you two at our camp?"

"It was there." 

"That's such a dumb reason. I'm knocking her out again, Madeleine."

"Why did you feel the need to tell me?"

"You must state your action, or else it did not happen. You'll understand one day."

"I don't think I will."

She dashed forward towards the soup elf, who, instead of defending herself or stepping away, tilted her head, exposing her neck more. Immediately she was knocked out. The human quickly panicked, not knowing what to do, before being knocked out as well.

"Fuck! Knocking them out didn't stop the song."

"I'm starting to like it."

"And I'm starting to hate it more and more."

"Why do you hate it so much?"

"For an entire year of my life, I was unnecessarily awoken by this song early hours in the morning."

"That sounds painful, but this does bring a question to my mind."

"What is it?"

"A previous master I had, the Queen of Hamblin, was quite the music aficionado and so had magical recordings of most songs in existence, and I will not lie, I spent a majority of my time under her employment slacking off in her listening room. Her collection, if I remember correctly, had nearly every song in existence, and yet I don't remember hearing such a piece."

"Where are you going with this?"

"Simply put, I want to know where you have heard this."

"Another world."

"Oh, okay."

"Is that all your reaction is going to be?"

"Yeah, I don't really care about other worlds."

"Alright then. Convenient for me. I hate explaining. Now, before we pack up, look in the eyes of the human."

"Aye aye, captain lover!"

"I'm not your captain or lover."

I walked over to the knocked out human and opened her eyelids. Under them, I found crystal blue eyes. Ooh… shiny. 

Despactio

You and everyone near you hear Despacito. You cannot turn this off.

Side Note: Reading over my list, I must've been drunk when I made this. Oh well, keeping it in.

"How did you know she was a Sacred Power holder?"

"One or two Sacred Power holders I've known before had powers that felt more like curses."

"This one doesn't seem that bad."

"You're just insane."

"Yes, I am!"

"Now hurry up and help me clean. Leave some leftover rabbit for them, though."

"Aye aye, captain lover Mel!"


Character profile: Despactio (Not by choice).

Sacred power: Despacito (Also not by choice).

Favourite song: Despacito (Yet again not by choice).

Description: An unfortunate girl whose Sacred Power awakened as soon as she was born, the constant noise led her parents to be driven insane. This led them to take her to a cabin in the woods for a "vacation" and then disappear without her. She spent a good three years at the cabin before realising they'd never come back, but by then, she had become self-sufficient, and so she chose to continue living by herself. Not like she had friends back in her childhood town since the constant music annoyed everyone. The folks back at her hometown initially enjoyed the song, but ten years of it constantly playing would break any man, woman, or child. The elf drinking soup is unrelated.

Chapter namesake: Despacito by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee. (Yes, I made a chapter called Despacito. Cry about it. I'm going to lose readers, aren't I?)

58