Chapter 26: Alphabet Aerobics
632 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So I'm in a witch's house, and currently, she's cooking Mel. Hmm… I could react to that, but I'm sure Mel will live. If I'm correct, that little girl revived both her and me, so I doubt she'd die so soon after being revived, and so I shall explore the witch's house! Maybe grab random items and ask the witch about it. I've always wanted to explore a witch's house and also grab random things from a stranger's house. Knocking out two combat instructors with one magic spell. Although my best was seven.

I got out of the bed, and the first thing that caught my eye was a familiar pair of legs. Where have I seen those? "Those are the legs of the bandit you two were fighting." Oh, Solly Rolly. I'll miss him. I didn't get to ride his balls. They're planets, though. "How large. Certainly a treat." Just to clarify for the witch, I meant actual planets. I could hear a disappointed sigh come from her direction.

I looked at a nearby door and noticed next to it was a magic circle. I examined it and saw it had 28 symbols. 26 of them were the alphabet, one was an exit sign, and the last was question marks. "That's my door. Either leads to a storage unit, the exit, or whatever the question mark one is. I accidentally drank an amnesia potion once, so I've forgotten what's in it." Now I'm curious about what's in it… but I'm also scared. 

Let's look at X first, then. I touched the X and then opened the door to find a mostly empty room with three things in it. A xylophone, a giant X made out of diamond, and a weird looking monster with a long tail and a seductive looking head encased in ice. Well, I don't know what I was expecting. Barely anything starts with X. 

Time to look at… uh… M! I pressed M, opened the door, and saw it was filled to the brim with mirrors. "What can I say? I love the way I look." I looked at the witch to see if she was good looking. Hourglass figure, youthful face, smooth, luxurious skin, pristine hair. Yeah… I guess she does look good. The thing I like the most, however, is the hat. Mmm… hats. "Feel free to take one hat if you want. It's in H. 

To H I go, then! I pressed H and saw a closet filled to the brim with different hats. Witch hats, military hats, noble hats, hats on top of hats. Hahaha… I want to live here. Unfortunately, I can only take one hat. That's the deal, after all. I grabbed a witch hat with a huge brim and a tall tip and walked out.

This adventure was cool and all… but I think I know what I'm missing. I'm missing Mel. She would've retorted me, firstly about my dream, then my combat abilities, then why I chose to go to X first. Oh god… am I attracted to people who retort me? No, no, that can't be the case. Speedy makes some retorts every now and then, and I can't see myself falling in love with her. Maybe her bandit bandana, but not her. Guess I'll save Mel.

"Hey witch."

"What do you need?"

"I'm going to save my lover."
"Feel free to take her out. I'm done with her."

"Wait… really?"

"Yes."

"What did you even need her for?"

"I have yet to use elf sweat in a soup."

"Soup? I thought you were making a potion."

"Pfft… unlike most witches who need to make their own potions, I can just use my Sacred Power for that."

"Oh. Wait, you're a Sacred Power holder?"

"Sure am."

"Can I look into your eyes?"

"If you deliver a letter for me."

"Gladly!"

"Then we have a deal. Come over to drag your friend out and look into my eyes."

I walked on over and dragged Mel out of the cauldron. The soup smells nice… but I kind of don't like the idea of drinking something with sweat in it. Even if it's Mel's. The witch then walked over to me, grabbed my chin, and stared at my eyes. Ooh… how forceful.

Alphabet Soup

You can summon any item. You may only summon one item from each letter of the alphabet each month.

Side Note: Artificial amateurs.

Alphabet soup. Sounds like a Sacred Power Merida would really like. The witch then put a letter into my maid dress. "Send it to the demon lord. You do know who that is, right?"

"Yeah, I do. Rafe, right?"

"Indeed. Take the door. The exit will take you to the forest near where you battle the bandit."

I walked over to the door when I noticed a new symbol had appeared on the magic circle. At that moment, the door sprung open, and Mimi rolled into the room, stopping at my feet and posing with her daggers in hand. Merida followed suit, jumping to the side and then drawing her bow. Since when did she have a bow? Speedy came next, zooming in then standing still in a combat stance. Lastly came Merry, who walked in with a cup of tea and a face questioning why she was here.

"Why do we have to pose?"

"Because it looks cool."

"Haa… fine." Merry threw her teacup behind her, then posed menacingly, a demon manifesting itself behind her.

"We have come to take back our maid!" Yelled Speedy.

"And also Mel." Added Merry.

"And also Mel!" Speedy yelled again.

They then realised who was standing in front of them. Me with Mel on my shoulders. Mimi and Speedy looked disappointed. Looks like they were itching to fight. Merry looked annoyed, and Merida… snickered. She clearly knew I was alright. 

"I'm going back." Merry walked back, picking up her teacup on the way back, with Mimi and Speedy following her. Merida winked at me before walking back too. 

"That student of mine is troublesome, isn't she?" The witch from behind said.

"Wait… who?"

"Merida."

"What?"

"Now shoo. I want to drink this soup in peace."

And through the door, I went.


Character profile: Alexis Lentil

Sacred power: Alphabet Soup

Favourite soup: Too many options to choose from.

Description: The Brewing Witch, well known for being a collector of items she hopes to stir within her cauldrons. Many believe she is trying to create a potion for Immortality, but that isn't the case. She has already done that. Her Sacred Power, Alphabet Soup, used to be used as a tool for her unparalleled reign as the Queen of Combat, but she gave up that title after finding her love for cauldrons, witch hats, and making random liquids. She prefers making simpler things, like soups or energy drinks, but can make more complicated items, like potions or poisons, if you manage to contact her. She was the one who opened Merida's eyes to soup.

Chapter namesake: Alphabet Aerobics by Blackalicious.

39