Chapter 36: Kave Diluvii
471 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey there, the currently tied up and very wet maid, Madeleine here. Why am I tied up? I was captured by some bandits. Why am I wet? We're in some flooded caves. We were flying towards home when May was suddenly hit by an arrow, causing her to fall asleep. We didn't see the arrow coming due to it being dark out. Mammon tried saving all the treasure while I tried to land on the nearest tree. I think we both failed at what we tried to do since we're both now tied up, attached to a stick, and being carried away blindfolded by bandits through a nearby flooded cave. I guess I'm not going home tonight. Oh well.

"Are we there yet?" I ask the two bandits carrying me. The one behind doesn't seem to talk, but the one in the front answers my questions.

"We're nearly there."

"So, what are you going to do with May?"

"Is that the demon or the dragon?"

"The dragon."

"Nobles pay a lot for exotic creatures. We might try to sell it to one."

"Huh." I don't really want to lose May, so… "Hey, Mammy! You hear me?!"

"I do hear you. I'm literally tied to the same stick. Please stop yelling in my ears."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Why haven't you broken us out yet?"

"The bandits might have treasure. I want their treasure. Now let me ask you the same thing, why haven't you broken us out? Hidden daggers, those shadow clones, hell, I'm pretty sure that shady school you went to also teaches the art of escape."

"Those are good points. I'm cutting the ropes in 3… 2… 1…." And snip!

"Wait, wha-" Before the bandits could react, I sweep kick both of them before creating two shadow clones to elbow drop them. Knockout. That was surprisingly easy. I took off the blindfold to see Mammy had fallen into the wet floor face first. Well, I did warn her.

"It was a terrible warning." She got up and dried her clothes with some demon fire. "So, what to do with them?" She pointed at two dozens of bandits, collectively carrying a tied up May. Their legs looked like they wanted to just drop… and they just did. 

"That's oddly convenient. I guess you can go raid the bandit's hideout while I free May, got it, Mammy?"

"I was going to do that regardless of whether you would let me or not." And off she went. Guess I'll start freeing May. I grabbed out the dagger made specifically to free non-humanoid creatures tied up in rope. Aside from throwing, Maid School taught me that many different daggers have specific purposes. Or was it that you could use a single dagger for many purposes? Eh, school doesn't matter in this world anyway, especially with that education hating wizard going around destroying schools. I remember when he tried to attack the Maid School. Such a fun day.

While I was freeing May, I could hear echoing screams coming from deeper within the cave and constant shaking that created ripples in the water. Mammy must be really rampaging. She's such a demon. Wait, she's literally a demon. Which reminds me, I wonder what the others are up to. I don't know how Mammy being a demon reminds me of everyone else, but it doesn't matter. As for the others, well, it's late, so they should be sleeping.


Meanwhile, in the mansion gardens.

"Why are we digging a hole in the middle of the night?! Why aren't you helping?! Why didn't you get Speedy to do this real quick?! Why did I agree to all this?!?!?!"

"You are excavating for demon-related reasons, I am not offering assistance because I am preoccupied with my midnight soup, my dear Speedy needs her beauty sleep, and because the narrative compels you to agree."

"Don't get all meta with me! Also, if you can't get Speedy to dig, why not have Merry's unlimited stamina demons dig it?!"

"They make good company for my midnight soup. Would you like another bowl, Beezelbub?"

"I would never turn down food."

"I wish I was with Madeleine. What's taking her so long?"


So while I was cutting May free, a familiar face came from the bandit hideout's direction. It was a female bandit holding an unconscious person over her right shoulder and a teacup in her left hand. It's the bandit chief's wife that escaped from Mel and me. "Hello there, bandit chief wife. Is this where you escaped to?" I waved at her with a knife in my hand. Just a friendly gesture for a familiar face.

"Oh… the maid. I would've left behind this numbskull if I had known it was ya. Ah well, he'll make a darn good bargaining chip right now."

"Bargaining chip?"

"Ya see, I remember last time ya wanted to look into my eye because I was a Sacred Power holder, right?"

"Yeah, right. You had Oasis. Neat power, by the way."

"Thanks, it's what kept my boys alive for so long. Anyways, this lad on my shoulder right here, he's also a Sacred Power holder. If ya let me pass, I'll let ya look into his eyes." That is pretty tempting. Just a free Sacred Power holder, right there. "I'll throw in a bonus. I remember how ya looked at my tea last time, and I can see you eyeing it right now, so I'll also tell you which country I get them from."

"Deal!"

"Pleasure doing business." She sat down the unconscious man, leaning him against the cave's wall, ensuring he didn't fall over and drown in the flooded floors. "I get my tea bags from the country that borders us south, Raiden. Now, I'll be off. The name's Maggie. Till next time, maid." And off she walked, teacup in hand. Raiden, huh. I'll need to visit them soon. Anyways, new Sacred Power! I peeled open his eyes and looked into them.

Finger

You damage people when you point at them.

Side Note: Watch where you point that!

Huh… what a weird Sacred Power. Mammy came back, holding a pouch of gold in one hand and a statue of a bandit frozen in gold, who was in the middle of going to the toilet. Poor guy. It will make for a funny prank on the girls back home, though. Especially Speedy. Mammy and I finally freed May and loaded up any treasures we could find before making it home. What a fun adventure.


Character profile: Charlie

Sacred power: Finger

Number of people assassinated with ability: 22

Description: A feared bandit in the criminal underworld, known for being able to stop hearts with nothing but a point. He wasn't always a bandit, but a few accidental murders of your bullies end up with the entire village outcasting you, which makes you go for the bandit lifestyle. Due to a desire to never be trampled over again like back in his village, Charlie decided to go the ruthless route, knowing that he could easily create fear in others through his power. He murdered his way to the top. Unfortunately, he meets his doom when, while unconscious, he gets knocked over by the wind of a dragon turning around, leading to him drowning in a flooded cave. His name became a punchline in the criminal world due to being only one of two people dying when his group was attacked, the other being a dude who was busy in the toilet.

Chapter namesake: Kave Diluvii by Riduculon for Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

25