Chapter 76: Voices
315 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I hear voices in my head, they council me, they understand. They talk to me."

Hey there, it's me, Madeleine the first, or I think I'm the first Madeleine. You never know, maybe my grandma's name is Madeleine. I've just kicked down my door, sensing a presence in my room, only to find some random stranger sitting on a chair in the middle of it, rambling about something.

"The voices tell me everything there is to know. Forbidden doors open within my mind."

As far as I can tell, he hears voices in his head. That's not good. People with voices in their head are insane, and insanity is no joke. Huh? What about me? Oh, silly you, you silly little silly voices. You guys know you aren't real. I know you guys aren't real… half the time… I think faking it is taking a toll on me. Oh well, it makes life more interesting.

"My eyes are open. My mind is free. Let me share all that I can see."

Ooh, he's rhyming now. I like rhymes… although the last guy to rhyme was that insane dude stuck in the Shadowrealm right now. Wait a minute…

"I shall save my delirious compatriot Ark. Without him, the world is just a little bit more dark."

Oh. He stood up and threw his chair at me. I quickly slid under it, and before he could react, I swept his legs, making him fall to the ground. I stood up, getting into a combat stance, before realising the fall onto the ground had knocked him out. Oh… that was easy. I looked at the chair he threw and saw it was completely broken. A waste of a good chair.

"Madeleine, are you alright? I heard a crash from your… room… Did another stranger break into your room?" I turned to the door and saw Mel, who quickly went from a worried look to an annoyed look. "You going to put him in your Shadowrealm thing, or should we give them to the guards? I'm sure they have dungeons in the castle."

I looked at him. "Let me look into his eyes first, then."

"Yeah, yeah. He's definitely a Sacred Power holder. Everyone around us is."

"Not always. I'm pretty sure Maxine isn't a Sacred Power holder."

"Have you looked into her eyes?"

"Uhh… no?"

"You should look into her eyes at some point."

"I'll do that when she comes for a meeting with Merida. Apparently, Merida is doing yet another secret scheme."

"When isn't she?"

"When she's using the radishes I bought for dinner for her soup instead."

"Maybe you should do a little payback. I hear she doesn't like carrots."

"Hmm... good idea." I crouched down, looking into the knocked-out man's eyes.

Voices

You can hear voices in your head.

Side Note: I plucked a bunch of souls from random universes and slammed them into this ability. There might even be an Eldritch fella in there.

"Yeah, I don't need this guy. OFF TO THE DUNGEON WITH HIM!!!" I took a pose, pointing in a random direction. I stood there for a moment.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Umm… I was hoping a guard or some random servant would appear and take him away."

"Unfortunately, there isn't. You want to take him together, or should I call over one of the Shadow Madeleines?" She took a peek out into the hallway. "Cookie's nearby."

"I'd rather not have to deal with Cookie." I grabbed the knocked-out man's shoulders. "Let's take it together, Mel."

"Alright then." She walked over to his legs and lifted them. We slowly made our way through the mansion, making our way to the castle. "So what was the deal with this guy? Assassin? Related to the Maid School? Convinced you rejected him in his youth?"

"He's just insane."

"Always the insane ones, huh."

"Yep. You know what they say, those who are insane in the membrane attract other insane people."

"No one says that, Madeleine."

"I say it."

"Okay, one person says that."

"I'm pretty sure Meri-"

"Merida doesn't count."

"Oh… okay. Speaking of Merida, what have you been doing with her?"

"She was just explaining some things about reincarnation. It was some eye-opening stuff, the kind of exposition that would happen before a climax or something. Did you know that the princess and that sorceress are both reincarnators? I knew the princess could've been one. Now and then, she slips into this old-timey speak that only exists in my world, but I didn't see it coming with Maxine."

"Umm… what's a reincarnator again?"

"I forgot you're this kind of char… person."

"Were you about to say charcoal?"

"Uh… yes."

"I believe it."

"Wow, just wow."

We eventually reached the inside of the castle and approached the first guard we saw.

"Halt! State your names and your business!"

"I'm Melanie Arcus, and the maid is Madeleine, and we're here to drop off this intruder."

"Melanie Arcus and Madeleine…" The guard took a minute to think. "Ah, yes. The guests in the Royal Guest Mansion, correct?"

"Yeah."

"Very well, I shall take this intruder into the dungeon! Is there any specific punishment you would like to give him?"

"Hmm… I got nothing. How about you, Madeleine?"

"Dip him in cold water with no clothes!"

"That shall be done, madam. Now then, I shall be off." The guard carried the man onto his shoulder and then walked off.

"Let's go back to the mansion, I guess. Unless there's something you wanted to do, Madeleine."

"Do you think we're allowed to steal flowers from the royal garden?"

"I don't know."

"Hmm… let's steal some flowers from the royal garden."

"Oh, okay." And off to the gardens, we went. We had a lovely time.


Character profile: Ham Berg

Sacred power: Voices

Favourite voice: The pasta-obsessed Hulk Hogan soundalike that constantly ends each sentence with 'Pastamania is gonna run wild.'

Description: Usually, I have something, but I'll break the fourth wall for this one. I don't have anything for this guy. He's literally just Ark Eisen but without that cool prophetic delirium. Mmm… delirium. It's a cool word. At least he has a funny name, I guess.

Chapter namesake: Voices by Disturbed (Or Randy Orton's theme song, which was done by the WWE Music Group and Rev Theory)

14