Chapter 118: The Watcher
122 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You know what, Madeleine."

"What?"

"I've decided I'm going to do the evilest thing I know I can do to you."

"Rob? Rape? Murder? Stain my dress? NTR me?"

"Those first three are extreme and boring, that fourth one is too tame, and you're not the heroine of an otome game, and that last one… do you even know what NTR means?"

"No, but the voices in my head do."

"I'm going to ignore the implications of that. No, my evil act will be none of those." Myka posed dramatically. Good to know she's got her groove back… does that mean she likes being evil? "I like being evil when I do it because I want to, not because some shitty author wants me to! Now, without further ado, I shall reveal to you my master plan, Madeleine!"

I start clapping my hands, a bit excited after seeing Myka enthusiastically smile. "Go on, go on!"

"I am going to…"

"You are going to…"

"Monologue about lore."

"Monologue about lore." I repeated what she said, not thinking about it, when it hit me. "Wait, monologue about lore? How is that evil?"

"It is evilly boring! Muahaha!"

"Oh… I don't get it."

"I'm trying a new thing out here, okay. I kind of realised I don't want to disappear, but if this fails, I'll go commit that narrative suicide I said I'd do."

"Oh, okay. So what lore are you going to monologue about?"

"Umm… I have no idea… how about the 72 Calamaties?"

"Read a book about it."

"The Initial 26?"

"Part of the Maid School curriculum."

"My sisters?"

"Don't care."

"Geez… cold. Fine then, guess we'll just go bug the Observer and fuck off, then."

"Ooh… bugging people!"

Myka snapped her fingers, making us appear in another random part of the void, except this part was nothing special… huh?

"Well, of course there's nothing special. The thing about the Observer's Sacred Power is that it has a hard-coded, built-in ability that makes it so there are only four people in the entirety of Mendass and its connected worlds that can even interact with the Observer."

"Are you one of the four?"

"Even with Reality Manipulation, I'm not."

"Oh… so how am I supposed to look into the Observer's eyes?"

"Well… the three people just so happen to be people you have met."

"Huh? Really?"

"Yeah. The first is Marigold."

"Who is in another world."

"Overpowered Loli Adventurer Party In Another World, coming to a website near you never!"

"Who are the other two?"

"The second is your other mother, Mara."

"Who the hell is Mara?"

"Did your mother not tell you her name?"

"Nope."

"Also, Mara the dick persona."

"Huh?"

"The third is the Man In The Pinstripe Suit."

"Oh."

"I bet you, since we're a yuri story, that Eldritch wannabe is actually just a crossdresser."

"A woman in a pinstripe suit… I like it. I'll need to buy one for Mel."

"Good taste, good taste."

"So who is the last?"

"One of your shadow clones."

"Huh?"

"Darky."

"Who the hell is Darky?"

"Shadow Clone number 333."

"Oh, that weirdo. Want me to summon her?"

"Yes, we need her."

"Aye aye, commando!" I tapped the void below me, spreading my shadow. "I call upon shadow clone number 333. I require assistance!" And out popped a shadow clone of myself, with a demon in her hands, who was tightly holding onto the shadow clone's neck.

"Yo, what up! Darky in the house! Ya need something?" The shadow clone gave me a grin… this shadow clone, how do I say it… she doesn't look very shadowy.

"Who's that? Why does she look like you?!" The demon girl stared right at me, eyeing me from head to toe, before looking outwards. "Wait, where are we?!?!"

"Oh, that's OG me, and we're in the void!"

"T-The void?!" The demon girl started crying. "My… my girlfriend has finally done it. The Gods noticed her reality breaking and punished her with eternal banishment, and I got sent along with her! NOOOO!!!!"

"That's enough of that." Myka snapped her fingers, teleporting the demon girl somewhere else.

"That wasn't very cash money of you, hombre."

"Why the fuck are you talking like that?"

"To differentiate myself from Madeleine Prime, ya hear. Something about dialogue."

"I like it."

"Of course you do, Madeleine. Haa…" Myka sighed, before putting up a serious face on. She pointed in front of her with her finger. "There's a guy there whose Sacred Power has a multiversal rule that no one can interact or see him."

"And ya want me to schmizzle it with Anarks, huh."

"Pretty much."

"Consider it done." Darky pointed a finger gun where Myka was pointing, pretending to shoot, revealing a lanky man wearing a robe and glasses. He adjusted his glasses, looking at Myka, then Darky, then finally me.

"Greetings, Myka Jaspers, holder of Reality Manipulation, Darky Ryan, holder of Anarchy and shadow clone of Madeleine Arcus, and Madeleine Arcus, holder of Side Note. I am the Observer."

"Hi, the Observer. I'm Myka."

"Yo, what up, Jimbo."

"Madeleine Arcus? Arcus? From where?"

"From Melania Arcus, holder of Saggitarius. I presume you would rather share a surname with your beloved than hold the surname of either of your parents, Mara Rose, holder of Absolute Command, Creator of Mendass and Avatar of Evelyn Rose, and Moira Vusser, holder of Maid."

"That was a mouthful, and I wasn't listening, so I'll say yes."

"I know why you and Myka Jaspers are here, so you may."

I was about to walk forward to look into his eyes when Darky stopped me. "That's, like, cool and all, man, but what's with the full name schtick?"

"Considering it both a show of my respect, and a quirk forced upon me. After all, one cannot truly be part of Mendass without a quirk or two."

"Aight, I believe that. Go for the kill, mom."

"Aye aye, private!" I walked over to look into his eyes, which looked like an open abyss of pure black… kind of mesmerising.

Observer

You cannot be harmed or seen. You cannot interact with the physical world. You are able to watch anything.

Side Note: Watcher of stories.

"Welp, that's the end of this arc. Time to get lo-"

"Before you lot disappear, let me do something." The Observer clapped his hands, which created a magic circle that circled around Myka. Myka tried to snap it away, but it didn't budge, and eventually, it settled around her wrist.

"What's the big deal, old man?"

"Consider it a fitting punishment."

"Huh?"

"You wished to destroy everything, then wished to disappear peacefully. As repentance, you are now forever tied to her narrative, forced to forever be a guide."

"Oh… for fucks sake." 

"Now, adieu." The Observer clapped his hands, and soon Myka and I found ourselves back in Mendass.


Character profile: [DATA MISSING]

Sacred power: Observer

Species: [DATA MISSING]

Description: This one is about myself. As I already know everything about myself, there is nothing to report. As such, I will instead report about a peculiarity of my journal. My entries seem to have been altered. I have identified that there are at least four different parties involved, with the potential of much more. The first is Myka Jaspers, the holder of Reality Manipulation, who has only touched one entry, the entry of Kris Cholas, the holder of Gift. The second is Eldra Jaspers, colloquially known as The Man In The Pinstripe Suit, holder of Eldritch Knowledge. I know they have, at minimum, warped the entry of Myka Jaspers. The third is Mara Rose, holder of Absolute Command, Creator of Mendass, and Avatar of Evelyn Rose. All she did was remove her profile and replaced it with a list of her titles. Last is a complete unknown. All I know is that the changes they've made to my entries have resulted in reality being refitted to ensure that these edits are the true events. They all seem to be… rather tragic. It is possible that this fourth… entity is of a higher power than Mara.

Chapter namesake: The Watcher by Dr. Dre featuring Eminem

9