Everything I desire will be mine 2/2
227 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had to wait a few moments for my dad to come out of his shock, but when he did his reaction was just priceless.

"Y-You killed him..." he said with his mouth open.

"Mhmm" I hummed while nodding.

"And he came back to life..." he continued saying.

"Exactly." I reply, though I am not sure if he is asking me or just talking to himself.

He focused his eyes on me while his pupils were trembling, probably with excitement since my dad is no b*tch who would loose his mind over something like this.

"You understand what you made right?" he asked while a smile began forming on his face. "With this... forget the title of Lord, our family name would be written on every single book! The legacy of our house would be eternal!"

And there he is, most people would start complaining now, saying things like I made this not our family or our house, but I don't mind at all. Watching him so proud and happy feels surprisingly good after all.

"Well?" he asks after calming down a bit. "What are you planning on doing with this? What do you need to make it? Can it have more than one life?" my father asked everything that came to his mind, including why the stone now had a grey colour instead of the red one it had before.

"Isn't it obvious what we will do now dad?" I say while smiling. "We will do anything we wish to. You are looking at the future Lord El-Melloi after all." I continue while his eyes widen in surprise, his expression turning serious.

"I am sure you could reach the position of Lord eventually, especially with this new invention, but it doesn't sound like you are planning on waiting." said my dad narrowing his eyes in my direction.

"Indeed." I say, nodding my head in agreement. "I won't wait for long, though what you are most likely thinking is wrong. I am not going to go and kill him or anything like that, in fact he will end up basically killing himself by being an idiot." I continue explaining while referring to Archibald.

"Hmm." hummed my dad, his gaze still fixated on me. "So he will die huh? I won't ask you how you know this, but I must say I am surprised that you won't save him." said my dad.

"How so?" I ask curiously. "I don't remember a single time in my entire life in which I have moved for the benefit of someone else, damn I can't even think of. amount in which I helped someone, let alone save a person."

"Huh, now that you mention it I guess you are right." said my dad while thinking back. "But you usually talk about how great of a professor he is and how much his classes help you."

"Well that much is true." I reply, nodding my head and playing with the ring on my hand. "In fact I probably wouldn't have been able to make this without his lectures, at least not so soon." I continue, this time pointing at the ring on my hand. "It's just that he has something I want, something I desire... so I will take it and make it my own."

"Huh, I didn't know you were interested in the position of Lord." asked my father, a smile appearing on his face. "I also didn't know you would be so ruthless as to kill your own teacher." he continued, the smile on his face widening until it became kind of creepy. "I realised you quite well I suppose, after all a Salvatore should never back down when he wants something. We are salvation, so everything in this world is ours to 'save'."

"Hahahaha, I suppose you are right." I reply while laughing a bit. "I guess I am indeed quite similar to you and mom."

"Indeed." said my dad while chuckling as well. "You should tell your mother as well. I am certain she would be as proud as myself."

A smile forms on my face. "I see... in that case I will call her later."

"Good, now tell me what you plan to do with the rings and how to help you." said my dad while sitting in front of me, his expression turning a bit more serious.

"Well, the world is about to change." I say while putting the ring on my hand under the light, red being reflected throughout the walls. "And we will stand at the top of it."

.

After a long conversation with my dad, in which we discussed what I needed and who we were going to sell rings to, as well as prices and the like, he left to start setting things up.

As soon as he went out of my lab, I focussed my attention on Giorno, who seemed to be holding something he wanted to say for a while now.

"You do understand the consequences of introducing something like this on the market, young master?" asked Giorno while looking at me.

"Yes." I reply. "I am certain that it won't be replicated regardless of how much effort is dedicated to it, even if someone were to spend centuries researching it wouldn't do them any good." I reply, calming down his concerns.

That's right, it uses an entirely different alchemy system from an entirely different universe, it is simply not possible for others to replicate it.

"Besides..." I say while grabbing a ring and placing it under the light. "This will guarantee me being on top, I have just privatised life itself, I doubt from now on anyone will even try to stop me from doing whatever the f*ck I want, strong people will see my value and do their best to bring me closer to them, while weak or useless people who get in the way will simply die under my fire. After all, everything I desire will be mine, even if the world burns because of it."

*

*

*

Author note:

Okey just in case, his dad won't betray him or anything like that. He is the usual magus dad that thinks of himself as awesome and wants nothing more than his family reaching the top.

A bit of insight on the mc, with his origin being desire, it is pretty easy for any wish to rapidly grow subconsciously, so if while being a child he were to subconsciously want to have his parent around more, that could easily evolve into wanting to make his parents proud. The mc is not completely right in the head if that isn't clear, but no magus actually is so whatever.

I feel like the amount of fanfics that actually pay attention to how much parents influence their children, even if reincarnated, is basically nonexistent. Spending nearly 20 years in an environment can easily change a person, especially because humans change extremely easily. Add to that the existence of an 'origin', which influences someone's personality way more than most realise and well... you get a person quite different from twenty years ago while living in a society that has completely different principles and values.

I also don't understand why all mc's in fanfics say something like 'Even though more than decade has passed, I still can't look at them like my family' bro what? Do you even know how long a fucking decade is? It takes like two years to make a best friend and you are saying that after a decade of having someone take care of you and actually sharing blood, which is the f*cking requirement for being family wether you like it or not, you will still not see them as family? Anyway I just needed to rant a bit about that because I read it on too many chapters and it annoyed me beyond measure.

2