It is time to be awesome
190 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So?" asked my mom while looking in my direction. "What do you need my help with so urgently that you made me pause all my work?"

Around a month had passed since I my deal with Zelretch and he had finally sent his payment, so I told my mom to get on the next plane and come as soon as possible. This past month I remained cooped up in my lab, leaving only to greet guests to whom I sold the rings. While inside my lab, I researched and theorised more than I had in my entire life until I came up with the appropriate changes to the operation.

"There is something I need your help with." I reply with a serious expression as we made out way to my lab.

"It better be something important." she said.

"It is." I answered. "Extremely important actually."

My mom nodded and we walked the rest of the way in silence. Once we reached my lab I guided her to a space where three circles were drawn on the floor, a corpse laid on one of them while the other two were empty.

Giorno bowed a little in her direction once she arrived, to which she acknowledged with a nod. "What is all this?" she asked.

"This is what I need your help with." I replied while getting a pile of papers from my desk and placing them on the floor, showing her every single thing I needed her to do.

My mom looked at me with an expression I had never seen before, however she quickly regained her stoic face. "I know magus will go to any length to fulfil their investigations and theories, we have no qualms when it comes to how an experiment needs to be done and there never is something to crazy when it comes to out research, but this... have you gone mad perhaps?" she asked.

I laughed a little while looking at her. "Why mom? Are you perhaps worried?" I ask with a sly expression.

She didn't answer, choosing instead to look at me as if I were an idiot.

My expression turned serious. "I will do this, with your help or without it." I say. "Having your help will make the chances of success much higher, but it is not entirely necessary either." I continue explaining while taking my clothes off. "So stop with your blabbering and let's get this done."

My mom simply looked at me with the same expression before standing up. "You have grown up huh." she said while putting on the lab coat I had prepared for her and a pair of gloves. "Very well then, let's get this over with."

Once she was done, I looked in Giorno's direction and nodded, indicating him to get the final materials out. Giorno nodded back and grabbed two philosopher's stones, one the size of a human heart and the other the size of a grape.

My mom looked at the stone's with a slightly surprised expression before looking back at me. "I thought you could only make them on one size." she said.

"Well you were mistaken then huh." I reply with a cheeky smile.

"Sigh, I guess you haven't grown up that much yet." she said while shaking her head. "Lay down on the circle already."

As I laid down on the cold floor, I couldn't help but feel a strange combination between excitement and fear bubble up in my chest, forcing a smile onto my face. I looked back in Giorno's direction and saw him get a jar out of it's container and placing it next to my mom, who examined it for a moment with a curious expression before focusing back on me.

"Just so you know, I am against this nonsense." she said seriously. "But I am proud of you for being willing to go to any lengths for yourself." she continued while nodding. "You really have grown up from that wimpy brat who threw up when watching me experiment on someone."

She placed her hand on my forehead while casting a sleeping spell on me. Before I fell prey to the embrace of darkness, I saw a smile on my mom's face. "Good luck brat."

Before passing out, I clapped my hands together and touched the floor, causing them to activate.

With that I went to sleep, a smile forming on my own face.

.

[ 3rd pov ]

"Let's do this." said a woman with dark-red hair and red eyes, looking in the direction of an older man dressed as a butler.

"Of course." replied Giorno.

With the transmutation circles active, the process began. Both Dio's body and the body of the 'homunculi-vessel' he created started disintegrating, slowly reforming in the third circle which had been empty until now.

The process itself lasted hours and took every bit of focus from both Dio's mother and Giorno. Eventually however the operation ended, leaving two empty circles and a third circle with a body inside.

Dio's mother breathed once the operation was over and nearly fell down from exhaustion, luckily Giorno was there to catch her in time.

"This brat..." she said with a strange expression on her face. "Making me rearrange his entire brain structure as well as his ocular nerves..."

Giorno took her to the only couch they had on the lab and went back to check on his young master. He began doing the procedure Dio told him to follow as he checked every single part of his new body while making sure the nervous system, which was the most altered one by this operation, was working as he had expected.

Once he was done, he grabbed Dio and carried him to the stretcher they had prepared in advanced and waited for him to wake up.

.

Slowly opening his eyes, memories began coming back to Dio as he remembered what he was doing right before falling asleep. A smile formed on his face as he realised he was alive, which meant he was at the very least fine.

Looking around, he saw his mom asleep on a couch and Giorno waiting next to his stretcher.

"You are awake young master." he said with a smile and a relieved expression. "How are you feeling?"

Dio inhaled deeply as he felt his new lungs fill themselves with air. Moving his arms a bit and clenching his fists, a smile appeared on his face. Bringing his hands to his face, he felt the bandage on his forehead and began to take it off slowly.

Once the bandaged were off, he let them fall to the floor as his hands touched the slight vertical slit that was now on the middle of his forehead. As the slit slowly opened up, his eyes turned red and a wide smile appeared on his face.

Inside the now open slit, a rainbow-coloured eye appeared.

"I have never felt better." said Dio while looking in front of him, countless red lines appearing in everything he saw.

2