What I desire
197 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A smile formed on my face as the man in front of me made the offer. He told me all the mystic eyes they have and how many rings they want in exchange for them and I couldn't be more surprised.

Getting back my serious expression, I look him in the eye. "I want the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception." I say. "As the manager of the Rail Zeppelin you should be aware of this, but I have no need for any eyes that aren't as good as the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception."

"We expected as much." replied the man. "In that case we want 20 rings in exchange for the pair of eyes."

"Forget it." I replied. "The eyes may be valuable, extremely valuable, but 20 lives is too much in exchange for them. I will give you 1 ring for each eye."

After a while of back and forth, we eventually settled on 8 rings in total. Personally it was cheaper than I expected, I would have gone as far as paying 20 for each eye so giving 8 in total is an absolute win. Though I do understand just how much people value extra lives, I mean Zelretch himself is making something as payment for 2 rings so perhaps 8 is indeed a lot, but making them with my dad's help is as easy as breathing at this point, it simply takes dedication and nothing more.

The trip back was annoying as usual, however it is quite hard to be in a bad mood when you have the greatest cheat in the entire nasuverse inside a jar.

Once we arrived back to London, I decide to start making the appropriate preparations.

"Let's go to the lab." I say while looking at Giorno. "We need to start preparing the materials, I want to get the evolution done as soon as Zelretch sends his payment over."

"Of course young master." replied Giorno. "May I as what materials you will be needing?" he asked.

"Get out everything we used to make the two vessels, except of course for the soil." I reply. As I grab a cigarette and light it up, I see Giorno focus his attention on me. "Anything on your mind?"

"Yes... are you sure you wish to smoke young master? Your father spoke the truth when he said they would be bad for your health, and you haven't used magic to heal yourself after smoking like you told him." he said with a concerned expression. "I worry you might be creating a bad habit that will make you unhealthy in the future."

I smile while looking at him. "I appreciate your concern, but there is no need for you to be worried. In fact I began smoking only after deciding to evolve, so it doesn't really matter." I reply.

"You said that before, what do you exactly mean by evolve?" he asked. "Is it a dangerous procedure like when you got your new eyes?"

"In a way I suppose it is similar. It may be more dangerous, but there is also no reason for it to fail." I answer while smiling. "I will simply leave a bit more of my humanity behind."

Puffing out the smoke I inhaled, I look into the horizon from my window, the grey sky bathing my now serious expression. "I will become like you, Giorno." I say before throwing the cigarette out of the balcony, turning around to see him in the eye. "I will become a pseudo-homunculi  like you."

Giorno's eyes widened as he looked at me. "I see..." he replied while bowing slightly. "In that case I will do my best to aid you throughout the process."

"Good." I reply. "Send a letter to mom, tell her I need her to come as soon as possible."

Unfortunately, I can't do everything myself, especially since the new body I will create for myself will be quite different form the one I made for Giorno.

As Giorno left, I was alone in the balcony watching the grey sky darken slightly as rain drops began to fall from the clouds. While the water poured from the sky and ran across my face, I smile formed on my lips while a dangerous glint passed through my eyes as they turned red.

Birds began filling from the sky, their bodies twisted in gruesome ways.

"I wonder what would happen if I were to combine the power of the Mystic Eyes of Distortion with the power of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception." I wonder aloud. "Would it even be possible at all?"

Eventually I made my way back inside and sat down in the chair of my office, getting it wet. As I lighted up another cigarette, I began thinking about how beautiful this world was, it's true that when I first came I was kind of terrified, even now there are things that scare me terribly, but despite that I am free, I am able to do nearly everything I want to whenever I want to, I have never suffered nor have I found myself needing something I couldn't get. I a way there is only one thing I can say to this world...

"I am sorry..."

I am sorry, because I am not done yet, I will take so much more from you, I will keep on killing and stealing, hurting and manipulating, I will keep on doing what I desire until I try everything you have to offer, I will taste every single pleasure hidden within your lands and drown myself in them, I will keep on desiring and acting upon those desires until they day you no longer have anything else to give.

Thats right... I desire everything!

2