Drums of war
183 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took time getting used to this new body. I now had several new abilities such as the Mystic Eye of Death perception, as well as the 'ultimate spear', additionally there was an obvious increase in my strength, speed, reflexes and overall physical capabilities. The hardest hitting however was without a doubt the new eye, it felt extremely weird activating it because my field of vision suddenly expanded and improved, which is why using it in battle right now would only be a liability.

I spent the following two months practising with Giorno, trying to pierce his 'ultimate shield' with my 'ultimate spear' to no avail. I also began using the bow with my three eyes opened and while it was harder at first, my accuracy improved as well. I still haven't actually taken hand to hand combat classes and I definitely don't plan to, why would I want to fight up close when I can just thrown them bombs and be done with it? It would honestly be a retarded move to spend even a second on that.

Right now I was producing the next batch of Rings of Salvation, at this point I simply sat down once a month at most and made around ten of them, selling them at staggeringly high prices tp the elite of the magus world. Actually I got a request from a certain magus, if you are curious about his identity I can give you a hint... the worst person in the entire world of fate, well that was what I thought while watching it, right now he feels like a pretty standard magus, not at all would I qualify him as the 'worst of the worst' or anything like that.

Well I was considering wether to sell Matou Zouken a ring or not, and eventually realised that I didn't care. He was just a client and while torturing children is one of the two lines I refuse to cross, I don't actually care if someone else crosses it. I am simply waiting for him to make the offer, after all I do have a huge waiting list so people have to send a request first and after I approve it they are able to make their offer.

While moving my hands to continue dividing the stones, I can't help but feel a bit of excitement for the upcoming war. I received news that Archibald has placed an order for an object, which most likely is the piece of Rider's cape. It is meant to arrive this month, which means all I have to do is go there and prevent Waver from stealing it.

I can't help but be curious about how the war will go this time, though I know for a fact Kiritsugu won't really stand a chance even with Artoria on his side, I am way too curious about how he will act, what plan will he come up to defeat me, how will he react when he sees Archibald rise up from the dead, though knowing him he will most likely know about the ring and plan accordingly.

There is a slight problem though... I can't help but be a bit worried about Gilgamesh. The guy can only be defeated through the almighty power of plot armour so I am not sure how well I can do with my current powers, though the Mystic Eye of Death Perception does give me some confidence. Still, will it be enough against EA if he were to use it?

Archibald will also be much stronger this time around, not only will he have Rider who is really op, but he also has a ring a gifted him as a thanks for 'being an amazing teacher'.  Don't get me wrong he definitely deserved it, and I also felt the need to give him a better fighting chance here, though he will die no matter what I like him enough to make him happy for a while.

As I finish with the rings, I go back to my office and light up a cigarette and place it on my lips.

"Everything alright young master?" asked Giorno, I look back from the view of my balcony and  see his concerned expression.

"Yeah... I was just thinking." I reply while moving my hand across the bandage on my forehead.

"Anything you wish to share?" he asks while handing me a glass of apple juice.

I smile at this, he really knows me well. "Not particularly." I reply. "At last not yet, I was just thinking about the plans for the upcoming war."

"I see..." he says while making a thoughtful expression. "I do believe there is no need for you to worry too much young master. I don't think there is anyone alive right now stronger than you, nor do I think there is anyone better prepared for the war than you either."

"I agree on that." I say. "However I have already chosen who I will summon, and it will be harder than it has to be because of my choice."

"That's fine." he said with a smile. "After all you have me as well, if anything were to happen I shall be the shield between you and the dangers of the world."

Damn, this guy is awesome. "Thanks." I reply while looking back into the horizon.

Throwing my cigarette as usual, I watch it fall and snap my fingers. The explosion resounded through the vicinity and the echo kept it going.

A smile forms on my face once again as I hear the drums of war playing, making the excitement in my chest rise higher than before.

"Finally the war is here..." say to myself. "Time to make everything I desire mine!"

2