Prologue to the war 1/2
195 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You better not die like an idiot." said my mom while grabbing her luggage.

"That's a very weird way of wishing your son good luck when he is going to war." I reply with a smile.

My mom simply looked at me with her stoic face for a while before sighing."You do understand that participating in that is stupid right?" she asked while shaking her head.

"I understand why you would think that." I say. "However to me there is nothing stupid about this, after all my wishes are always spot on."

"That doesn't make much sense you know?" said my mom while turning around and walking away.

"Well, no goodbye huh?" I say to no one in particular as I watch my mom leave to her next flight.

"I am sure she simply doesn't know what to say." said Giorno. "now we should leave as well, otherwise we might loose our own flight."

"Yes." I reply. Right now we are in Egypt, I came with my mom after telling everyone I was going to Atlas for a few weeks, though that is obviously a lie. We are heading now to the plane that will take us to Japan and once there we will head to Fuyuki.

"I still don't understand why you wish to participate in this war young master." said Giorno as we made our way to the next plane.

I look at him for a moment before looking down at my hand were the command seals manifested. "I just want more. I want more things, more pleasures, more riches and more fame. I desire every single thing in this world and the grail is included among them... in a way I suppose I will only participate in the upcoming war to satisfy my greed." After a short moment of silence I began laughing, making Giorno look at me slightly confused. "That's right, I am simply doing what I have always done, taking what I want and leaving a trail of corpses behind."

Giorno smiled a bit at this. "There indeed is no one else like you master, but that is a good thing." he chuckled while saying.

.

Eventually we arrived at Fuyuki and went directly to the forest were Waver summoned Rider in the anime.

"And... done!" I exclaim standing up to see the summing circle on the floor. "Bring me the suitcase." I say while indicating Giorno to bring me the new suitcase. As he made his way in my direction carrying it, I took a closer look once more at the patterns in it.

"Zelretch truly made it beautiful." I say while trailing the inscriptions with my fingers. This is the payment Zelretch gave me for the two rings, a suitcase quite similar to the chest he gave the Tohsaka family. It can't look into different dimensions or into the future like the chest, however it has nearly unlimited space within, making it perfect for traveling and safekeeping. Besides it can be opened only by me, perhaps Zelretch himself could also open it, but no one else wold manage to see what is inside.

Opening the suitcase, I inserted both my arms in it and carefully got out the vessel I will be using for the summoning as well as the catalyst. Placing the vessel in the centre of the circle and the catalyst above it a smile formed on my face, quickly replaced by a slightly annoyed expression knowing what I have to do now.

"Damn it... f*cking universe that makes everything need an edgy incantation to work..." I mutter while gritting my teeth. "Ugh whatever, let's just get this over with."

Looking above, I focus my attention on the moon which shines brightly in the sky before beginning my chants.

"For the element silver and iron,

the vanishing stone and the archduke of pacts

and for my great mater Schweinolg, close the four gates,

come forth from the crowds follow the forked road leading to the kingdom,

fill fill fill fill fill, repeat five times, but when each is filled, destroy it.

Set, head my words,

my will creates your body and your sword creates my destiny,

if you heed the grails call, and obey my will and reason then answer me.

I hereby swear that I shall be all the good in the world, that I shall defeat all evil in the world.

Seventh heaven clad in the great words of power

FROM THE BINDING CIRCLE, THOU GUARDIAN OF THE SCALES"

While my incantations continue, the circle brightens up until it becomes too much, forcing me to close my eyes. Once the chants were over, mis covered the surroundings and inside the circle stood a man in green clothes with two spears, one in each hand.

Once he notices his surroundings, he looks at me with sharp eyes. "I ask you... are you my master?" he asks.

A small smile forms on my face as I notice that my summon was perfect and the man I wanted answered my call. "Yes I am." I reply. "Would I be correct in assuming you are Diarmuid Ua Duibhne?" I ask despite knowing the answer already.

"Indeed, but I can see you already know who I am." he says.

Nice, he is quite sharp and has pretty good observation skills to actually notice the fact that I recognised him. "You are right, I already knew it was you." I answer honestly. "Still, I thought it would be appropriate for me to ask you for confirmation just in case. I am Dio Salvatore, heir to house Salvatore and the one who summoned you." I continue while taking my glove of my right hand off and showing him the command spells in my skin.

"I see... in that case it is a pleasure to meet you, master." he said, grabbing both lances with his right hand and putting the left one on his chest before making a small bow.

The smile on my face widens at this. "The pleasure is all mine, Lancer."

The conversation continued, with him asking questions about his body and me answering them, however he eventually got to the philosopher's stone inside his chest, the only thing that worried me about all this was that he might not like having it inside him and would ask me to take it out or something, which would undoubtedly be troublesome to say the least. I explained to him what the philosopher's stone was and as expected he was not exactly supportive of the idea of having souls trapped and tortured in him to supply mana and extra lives.

"Sigh, I understand why you would react poorly to having something like 'that' inside you, I mean they are basically being tortured in there while their energy is harvested and transformed into mana for you to use, but those souls in there were my enemies. They all bared their fangs at me, so I took their fangs away and turned them into swords for me to use." I explain while looking at his reaction. I didn't exactly lie, since the philosopher's stone I used to make his vessel was formed from dead apostles who tried to kill me.

"Hmm, I see." he says, the serious expression on his face eases for a moment before returning. "In that case from this day until the day I place the grail in your hands, I shall point my spear at those who bear their fangs at you, I shall be the sword that slays what stands in your way and the shield that guards your back." He says before putting a knee on the floor.

The smile on my face grows even further as I hear his speech. Sure it is extremely chunni and all but damn. I guess now it's time for me to say something equally cringe.

"Very well, in that case I swear that from this day until the day you give me the grail I shall ask of you nothing that will bring you dishonour, I will not doubt your loyalty nor question your code." I reply.

As he stands up, I look back into the moon again with a huge smile on my face.

"I hope you are all ready..." I say while thinking aloud. "Because I am coming."

*

*

*

Author note:

I almost died from the cringe on this chapter, like holy sh*t this was hard to write.

2