Summoning ceremony… again 2/2
232 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eventually we arrived at the hotel, Diarmuid returned to his room to continue practise and Giorno went to order dinner. I headed to the balcony of the suite along with Medea, who still hadn't exactly 'warmed up' to me, not that it was strange since she had a lot of souls literally trapped inside of her and I very much doubted she hadn't noticed.

"Anything wrong, master?" she asked once we got to the balcony.

"You shouldn't call me that if you don't mean it." I say. "Titles should hold meaning after all." I continue explaining while laughing a bit at my own words. "Well, that's how I see it at least, perhaps to you I sound like an idiot."

I couldn't see her reaction under the hood and her silence gave me no clue as to wether she indeed thought I was an idiot or not.

"This... 'thing' inside me feels disgusting." she said calmly.

"I would be surprised if you thought it felt nice." I replied, chuckling a bit before getting serious, she didn't quite seem in the mood for some jokes after all. "Sigh, it feels disgusting because it is disgusting, there is really no other way around it. There are a bunch of souls trapped in the stone through a very complex and amazing ritual, they will remain in the stone until they are completely used up." I continue while explaining the way the philosopher's stone works. "Those souls are basically being tortured in there to produce mana for you and to revive you should you die."

Her face remained hidden under the hood, however it was pretty clear she had a stoic expression.

"However, those souls topped in there are complete bastards. Scum that no one should miss. The type of people that would rape a woman and laugh while doing it, the type of people that would kill a family just to feel some excitement. I doubt they are the type of people you care about." I pause as I finish, leaving nothing but silence for a moment.

The first one to break the silence was Medea. "They don't sound too different from yourself." she said while touching her chest, right were the philosopher's stone should be. "You clearly don't have any remorse for the people being tortured for your gain."

"Well, that much is true." I reply while nodding. "In fact I have lost count of how many people have died for me, so that my theories could be tested or my gems could be made. However I am not a monster either you know? I do actually try to keep a small part of my morals."

Silence returned for a moment, once again however it was broken by Medea. "Moral's huh?" she asked curiously.

"Indeed, though they are simply two rules that I follow." I begin explaining. " I don't rape women nor do I kill children."

She looked at me for a moment but remained silent.

"I definitely don't go out of my way to help others. I don't save the children or the women in need if it doesn't help me in any way, however I don't go and hurt them."

"Isn't that the same?" she asked. "A hero should go and save everyone, isn't that right?"

I couldn't help but laugh at her words. "Pffft-hahahahaha, hero? Dear, if life was a story I would undoubtedly be the villain." I say with a smile. "The worst among them perhaps, though we do have that in common right?"

She didn't appear to be pleased at my words based on her reaction.

"However who cares? Why should I care about the opinion of others? I live for myself, to fulfil my dreams and satisfy my desires." I say. "Besides, why would I want to be a hero? We both know they are nothing but hypocrites, they are people so unbelievably arrogant that they recognise their choices as right at every turn, leaving no room for others to be free."

A sound that resembled a chuckle came out of her, though it was quickly suppressed.

"Aren't you afraid I will dislike you for this? You are saying how you are a villain, so I might want to play hero and try to kill you." she said with a slightly playful tone, though it was clear she was threatening me. A smile formed on my face as I noticed that she was getting more comfortable around me.

"If you dislike me, you can try and kill me." I say. "With your Noble Phantasm you might be able to severe the connection between me and the gem inside of my body so you could potentially take away my extra lives, then killing me one time would be enough."

"You are quite stupid to tell me your weakness just like that." said Medea coldly. "If I keep the stone you placed inside me I would have enough mana for a lifetime, so there is no real reason for me to actually have a master is there?"

"Well, you still need an anchor to this world." I say, though I am sure she already knows that. "But you might find someone to replace me so there is no actual trouble there." I continue, my face slowly forming a small smile.

"I understand why you would not trust me too much, especially since I do perform pretty... unsightly experiments, I am sure my words are not enough for you to believe me, but even then all I can do is be honest." I say, slowly closing the distance between us. "I want to use you."

She stiffened for a moment, obviously angry at the fact that I said that I want to use her.

"I know your story and I understand why this would make you angry." I continue talking while walking closer to her. "But everyone is meant to use each other. When we are children we use our parents to survive, when we grow up we use our friends to fill the emptiness that being alone would cause, when we are adults we use our partners and families to achieve a certain level of happiness or simply get an heir."

"What I want you to understand is that to live is to be used by others, and by the same hand it also means that to live is to use others as well." I continue talking as I get even closer to her. "So use me and let me use you. I swear I will never betray you, nor will I abandon you. I will never throw you away after using you. Accept me as your master and stand beside me, I promise you will never feel alone again if you do that."

Moving my hands to her head, I slowly take off her hood and reveal her face. Her eyes shinning, reflecting the light of the moon while her hair moves with the breeze.

"You were a princess before? Then I will make you feel like a queen throughout this war." I say with a smile. "It is my wish to make everything mine, to try every pleasure and conquer every star. To be more famous than anyone before me, to be richer than anyone before me, to be greater than anyone before me...

So tell me... Medea, princess of Colchis, do you recognise me as your master? Do you agree to give the grail to me, to fight my battles and protect me?"

Medea simply stared in my direction as a small smile appeared on her face. "What a weird master I have..." she said in a low tone, her words however were heard clearly, making me chuckle a bit.

"Indeed." I reply while nodding.

"Very well then." she said, her expression getting. bit more serious. "I acknowledge you as my master, I will be loyal to you and only you until the grail is on your hands, I will help you turn those dreams of yours into a reality."

2