At first sight, Maya always has something to say
232 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived at the entrance ceremony, the principal still going on with his speech.

 Even since the incident, I developed an habit of showing up late. Not wanting to put up with the expectations of others. After all, only disappointed awaits those who try to fit the mold.

" Can you move up? We don't have all day, Mime."

" Stop calling me Mime already."

As I exchanged words with Amy, I realised something wasn't quite right. This personn, right here, in this moment, standing close to me. An image straight out of a dream, peraphs a nightmare.

" Why are you still here,Amy?"

Her irritation growing quite so, she shot furious glances in my direction. Oozing auras of bad vibes from all sides.

" What do you mean?"

Finally realizing the obvious fact in front me, I realised. In the meantime,she started to fumble her words. Searching for a meaning that was already there.

" Don't tell me you applied here too..."

"Too?"

"You're a  Stalker!"

Our ruckus caused all eyes to focus on our little scene,under the dissatisfied eyes of the teachers.

" Stalker? I didn't even know you were going here."

Transporting his voice to the two of us, the principal reminded us of our positions.

" Not only are you late but you're causing a ruckus during my speech. Sit and listen at once!"

Forced to obey trough sheer force, we settled on searching for a seat ,making ourselves as invisible as possible.

Such is the burden of being an highschooler.

The speech was quite the pain to endure. An unterminable rambling which didn't seem to have an end nor beginning. Observing some students , I could almost discern their soul leaves their bodies as he spoke without ever stopping.

Finally releasing the mic from his grasp at last, we all internally tought that our pain had at last met it's deserved end.

The classes were planned to start the next day, I stood up, ready to return home. Thinking I could enjoy the time I had left before coming here in peace.

However, the tap of friendliness met my shoulder.

At the same time, Amy was considering her options, unsure of if she had taken the right decisions.

" ( I ended up following him. Why didn't I give up? Have I not learned a thing from one year ago? It will end the same way.)"

As it turned out, she wasn't quite honest when we met again. I could tell her lingering feelings of love were still rooted deep inside her being.

Taking her breath, in an attempt to calm down, she looked everywhere. In search of me.

As her eyes traveled the room like goggles, her pupils minimized as she took account of the scene taking place before her very eyes.

In front of her, the object of her deformed toughts had an arm carefully placed onto his shoulder. An individual she didn't know taking hold of it like it was hers.

"( Why? Why must you? When I am here? Even tough I took the time to research where you wanted to go...Even when you loved me.Don't you see I'm here.)"

Love had pretty much twisted any coherent toughts she was capable of. Grasping at her heart, she tried to remain calm all the same.

" ( No. I have nothing to worry about. I'm just overexagerating something simple. She just wants to make friends.)"

For a single moment, her eyes focused on me, unable to see the rest of the people in the room. Trapped in a dark box made up by her own feelings.

"( I'll make you admit it, even if you don't want to. This time,for sure.)"

With newfound hope, she left the place,  leaving me to my own devices.Making sure,in the process to pass by the two of them to assure I took account of the fact she was leaving.

" Amy, you're leaving already?"

I asked, never ever considering the position I forced her into.

" Is that a problem, Mime?"

" Not really. I tought that maybe we could do something."

Looking into my eyes, she could denote of  the disappearance of the shine that was there when I looked at her in the past.

" No, I'm going home. If I see your face even longer,I might end up punching you."

" What did I ever do?"

" Do you want me to answer that?"

I gulped down, completely afraid of what she was capable of. Completely sure she would actually punch me.

" Actually,maybe not."

" If that's all, see you never,idiot."

Contrasting her confrontative attitude, she ran,back turned against me. Never turning back.

" Your friend?" 

The mysterious girl asked, compeled to have her answers.

" I wouldn't go there. Acquaintances might be the right word."

" Oh. You seem pretty close to each other tough."

Finally realizing my current predicament, I released myself from the grasp of the girl. A flow of embarrassment taking over.

" W-we're not like that!" 

" Oh, I see. I see."

She had been using my shoulder as some sort of resting place. Like it was the most comfortable spot ever.

" What are you doing?"

" What's your name,buddy?"

She didn't seem to care in the slightest about the confused stares I threw at her.

" Eiel."

Her eyes opened wide, completely excited.

" Ring a bell somehow." 

A wide grin took the place of the tiny smile she had, indulging herself on her own joy.

She had hair made of scarlet and a smile so contagious it could spread to people. I felt quite absorbed in her features, unsure of what I was feeling at the current moment.

" I'm Maya, here's to a good year together."

She offered her hand, waiting for me to shake it and acknowledge her perspective of friendship.

I wasn't quite on the same page,confused about what a complete stranger could gain from a friendship with me.

To be fair, why would someone even want to be my friend?

" Why..."

She slightly tilted her head, in expectance of the response to the hand she offered. Firing back the word I just said.

" Why?"

" Why are you acting so familiar with me?" 

I managed to spit out what I wanted to know, an act I couldn't have done before.

She pondered for quite some time, before giving her insight.

" I did this for everyone here. Just trying to get to know the people here."

I still couldn't understand why someone would ever engage in a conversation with the massive amount of souls here.

Lacking confidence in my own ability to be loved by others, my hand quivered at the prospect of shaking hers.

In search of responses, I raised the head he lowered without ever noticing. An act denoting my lack of self worth.

Someone that couldn't value themselves had no reason to believe anyone could see it as well,after all.

I took a second to observe her features, as she responded with nothing but a radiant smile. 

I tought she was quite beautiful, blinded by the shiny light her smile emitted. Feeling like a tomato that turned adult in a single moment.

" Well, I'm going..."

Once again, i had ran away.Replicating actions of the past. It was the only thing I'm good at, perpetuating a cycle of self inflicted pain.

Watching me upping my pace and leaving the room like this, she looked at the hand she just offered me and found herself lost in tought.

" Did I do something bad?"

She said, confused, scrutinizing her hand.

She remembered the moment him and Amy showed up in the place. She had been lost in tought the whole time, unknown feelings surging within.

" Love is so weird. It strikes you like a merciless thunder. Without ever giving you an explanation. I wonder,what should I do?"

She said, unsure of how she should go about this.

At first sight, Maya seemed to always have something to say. However, when it came to share feelings even more complex than hapiness, she was incapable of it.

6