She, her and I
77 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've never expected Amy to come back in my life, after all, I accepted the reality that I would never see her again a long time ago.

However, destiny decided otherwise. Against all odds, the string of fate toyed with me and put me face to face with my past decisions. No, at that time I never even took a stance.

" W-why are you looking at me like this, Mime? "

How should I even face her?

" *Sigh* Nothing."

She may have become somewhat irritable lately, however deep down,she's still the same.  Always giving me chances that I don't deserve.In turn, questioning if my own feelings are still there to begin with.

She's such a nice girl, a good and honest one.

There she was, standing once again by my side,as if nothing ever occurred between us these past years. I may try to deny it affected me, alas it shaped who I am today.

On my left, the strange girl that I encountered at the entrance ceremony. Despite not being very social, her overall demeanor and attitude led me to refer her by name immediately.

While Amy and I have different personalities and outlooks on a lot of things, in the end we are somewhat alike. Wich always made me comfortable in her presence.
But...

Maya isn't the same. Contrasting my calm attitude, she's always so energetic and full of life. I never imagined someone like this would become my friend.

" Ei Ei, I'm sorry."

I don't understand her.

One moment, she's the most happy and adorable thing in the world while the next, she bow down in shame.

Wait...Adorable?

When did I start thinking she was?

I brush the tought on the side, disregarding it's importance.
This gaze directed toward Maya doesn't escape Amy, as she immediately put herself between us.

" I told you, it's fine. After observing this joke of a teacher, I determined she would have put our names regardless."

Thinking about it, for what purpose did Amy even come to this club? What would she ever gain from engaging in conversations with these people?

" I see, she already used of her charm on you. How unfortunate. Here I tought I could..."

" Ehhhh?"

" She did put her name on the paper but it was that teacher who put mine. In the first place, why are you in this club?"

I could denote how much startled she was. She started moves I had only seen once before, during our time in middle school. Joining both of her fingertips together, she caressed them on each other.

I remember she often did that when she was embarrassed.

In front of this display, my neurons activated. Putting two and two together, I assembled all the pieces of the puzzle.

" Wait...Rejection Club...Amy...Rejection...A club for people that were rejected..."

Amy tightened up her fist, subtly telling me to not go further into that territory.

" Nevermind."

Fearing for the safety of my stomach, I cut out all toughts concerning this matter.

" Hmmm."

Maya tilted her head, pensive.

Trough careful consideration, she analysed Amy from head to bottom, before getting closer to me.

It may have been my imagination but I felt like I heard a string snap at that moment.

" Say, Ei Ei. What's your relationship with Amy-chan?"

" Hm?"

She had put me on the spot. I knew she told me to call her a friend but it still felt kind of weird to refer to my relationship with Amy as just "friends".

I had known for far longer than Maya.

Immediately, Amy provided the seeker of knowledge with what she felt was the truth.

" We're friends."

I could hear the disappointment in her voice when she said it, imaginary daggers traversing my bodies from all sides. Leaving holes of a dark past behind.

" Oh, I see."

For some reason, this answer satisfied her so much that a wide grin formed up her face.

" Then it'll be easy."

" Oh, is that a challenge?"

The sparkle of thunder between Amy and Maya were almost visible. It came to no surprise that Amy couldn't handle Maya presence but did she have to make such a big deal out of it ? I had never seen Amy in such a state before. The tiny arms attached to her body tried to reach out to Maya, while her face contorted into anger.

" What matters is personality anyways!"

She vehemently let out,pointing at Maya chest. Her mouth assuming the form of zigzag.

" Stop looking at my chest!"

They were making a scene so late in the day, just after I had to deal with this godforsaken joke of a teacher and this terrible club. I was past the point of wanting to deal with Amy and Maya rivalry.

What were they even fighting for,to begin with?

Unannounced, two other people came to join the fray. I could recognize the both of them, it was the energetic blonde guy and the "countryside" gal.

If it had been the shy, maybe I would have benefited from some peace. Alas, beggars can't be choser.

However, their arrival seemed to put a stop to whatever kind of strange argument Amy and Maya had.

Addressing to me, the blondie with spiky hair amicably hit my back.

" You're so lucky, man."

Has he lost it? Wich part does he find lucky? I'm forced to partake in Amy incessant assaults, Maya incomprehensible behavior and this club.

" I wish someone would like me."

I wondered if it was time for some random flashback, as for some reason, he started looking at the window nearby.

" Sure."

Uninterested in entertaining a conversation with such alien being, I cut him off immediately.

" So cold!"

Then again, if he's alien, the Kaede girl is another species entirely.

First of all, her uniform clearly doesn't comply with the school rules. Her belly button if fully exposed and she doesn't wear the obligatory tights.

Noticing my gaze on her, she tilt her head and question me.

" Sum'thin ze mat'er?"

My ears are bleeding.

" N-nothing."

As I come back to my senses, I find myself hit with a foot into my back. This kind of attack, it could only be from Amy.

" Another lecherous girl going all "boing boing"?

Amy expressed, her hands shaking in anger.

" Pervert!"

Not having the energy left to fight back such statement, I let it slide. Then again, it was not like I would have managed to convive her otherwise. Once an idea is clear in her mind, she doesn't let it go that easily.

After some time, the unlikely group we formed seemed almost natural as we walked trough the various corridors.

It made me wonder if I had walked together with a group of friends before like that. Altough, I have reserves calling these people my friends. It is only natural when this group is comprised of three people I don't know that much.

Before meeting Amy, I was always alone.

It feels so unnatural to be surrounded by people.

When people approach me, I can't help but wonder what are their intentions, for what purpose do they want to interact with me, what do they gain?

If you give your trust to someone, they will end up breaking it at some point. If you're in love with someone, the likelihood of that love being returned is almost always 0%.

I don't want to interact with people. In the end, they will always find a way to hurt me.

Forced to snap back in reality,out of my toughts, I notice the only one left at my side is Amy.

" Are you okay?"

" I'm fine now,thanks."

Clearly not convinced, she observe my sorry self for some time before accepting my answer.

Unable to control my toughts, I can't help but wonder why, even after all that happened, she still chose to be involved with me.

" Just so you know, I'm not going anywhere."

Amy jokingly said, acting like she was some sort of psychic able to hear what goes trough my mind.

" How did you?"

" Did you forget how much years we spent together?"

"..."

" I'm chosing to be involved with you out of my own volition. Wether you believe it or not is entirely dependent on you. But it is nothing but the truth."

Despite her countering of my assumptions, as the selfish personn that  I am, the only perspective that I chose to keep is mine.

2