Step 8 – Apologize
920 12 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Explaining what went through my head wasn’t exactly easy, I tried to omit a lot of things to hide my true feelings towards her, I couldn’t just say I wanted to k- kiss her!

She listened carefully, focusing on every single detail of what I was saying, she even pulled a notebook out of nowhere and started writing things down.

Hopefully, she won’t doubt my history, I most certainly wasn’t lying but I was not telling the full story…

“…, and after I saw you crying I don’t remember much of anything”

She nodded in agreement, and put her hand on her chin, she looked extra cute while thinking about something!

“Hmmm, so my new pastry made you lose control of yourself as if you were in l- love with me?”

Her serious facade almost cracked while finishing her sentence, so she isn’t as calm as she looked.

Wait for a second…

“Lo- love!?”

I lost control of my thoughts when I truly understood what she had just said, how could she catch on to me so quickly? I made sure to hide all the things that hinted at that!

Seeing me scream she also lost her composure, looking flustered she waved her arms around.

“I am not saying you are actually in lo- love with me”

So she hadn’t caught on to me, and why do I feel somewhat sad because of it?

“Ye- yeah…”

In the end, I couldn’t say more than that while looking dejectedly at the ground. Both of us had calmed down. She cleared her throat to break the silence.

“Back to what I was saying, so, it made you feel that way?”

“Yes”

She sighed, I couldn’t bear to look at her right now.

“So in the end I won’t be able to sell the batch that I worked so hard to make…”

“You wouldn’t want to cause more misunderstandings like that would you?”

Seeing her acting sad over not being able to sell it, made my chest tighten. This girl is seriously playing with my heart…

“I will have to revise the recipe! I can’t give up on it!”

She doesn’t stay sad for very long does she, I left out a sigh of my own…

 


           

The silence went on for a bit, I used the time to recollect my thoughts, it had been a weird start to my day.

“Wait a second… Were you thinking of selling those?”

“Ye-yeah”

She sheepishly answered while scratching her head.

“And you didn’t even taste test it first?”

“O-of course I did! I tried them when I first made them, there was no effect on me!”

It was no good, I ended up bringing the subject up again… She might get strange ideas if we keep talking about it.

I lowered my head in deep thought.

“If- if you don’t believe me I- I will show you!”

One of her tiny hands made its way to the éclair I had left on the table, I instantly jumped to stop her.

“No! you don’t need to prove anything!”

My face was a deep red, while I held her outstretched hand with both of mine, still incapable of looking her in the eyes, my gaze kept darting around the kitchen.

“I wouldn’t want you to go through what I just did, so it’s alright, I believe in you…”

“O- okay…”

After sharing another moment of silence with her I worked up the courage to look at her, and to my surprise, she was also blushing heavily, did I say something weird? Did I do something to make her blush?

“Co- could you let go of my hand?”

In a panic, I quickly let go of her and sat back down, the residual heat from her hand still lingered in mine.

It had been such a hectic morning that I already felt exhausted, my thoughts had slowed down and I was at a loss as to what to do.

“I am sorry”

I bowed in front of her, something that royalty shouldn’t do. If Ellen was here, she would be fuming…

“Yo- your highness, I am undeserving of your apologies”

Thinking about Ellen made my chest tighten, I wonder how the situation is in the palace right now, mom is probably really sad, and dad is probably mobilizing the entirety of the royal knights’ order…

I shouldn’t extend my stay here much longer, for both my and Kathie’s safety. My heart tightened at the thought of leaving her forever. She was so cute and lovable! I wanted to take her home with me and go shopping with her in all kinds of places, dress her up in cute clothes, go on walks with her in the palace’s maze-like garden, and so many other things.

If only there was a way for me to take her with me…  

I couldn’t help but feel dejected at the overwhelming feeling that this could be the first and last time we might eat breakfast together. I looked at her, who was still blushing and looking away.

My vision became blurry as I couldn’t contain my tears, my emotions had been in disarray since I met her, but most of the time they had been filled with positive ones.

I couldn’t remember fully what had happened when I started sobbing but at some point, Kathie started hugging me. 

 

Hello! it has been a while since the last chapter... As I said in my profile, college and work took away all of my free time basically, but I was gonna try and keep at least 1/week, but it just so happens that I ended up getting sick and all that, so I spent a lot of time trying to get my life back on track. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter and see you soon! (hopefully)

57